Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2007, 18:17 (Ref:1927794)   #1
monkeynuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
monkeynuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best Veiwing At Le Mans Practice

Hi I have never been to Le Mans before and as i am on holiday in Normandy over the race period I was thinking of attending a pratice day .What is the best day and the best place to watch and take pics from .
Old 3 Jun 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1927826)   #2
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For taking photos, I have two favourites: standing on the outside of the circuit at the Esses, and at Mulsanne corner, as far along as you can go, catching the cars cornering. (That's with a 12x digital camera).

For watching, I try to move around as much of the circuit as you are allowed to visit. Arnage at sunset is my favourite, but hopeless for photos (unless you like pictures of fences).
Old 3 Jun 2007, 19:33 (Ref:1927829)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You should check out Tetre Rouge corner. The ACO is claiming it is better for viewing. It is only a short walk from the Esses. If you want to do a few different places in a short(ish) time your best bet is in through the main entrance. See the pits and work your way to Tetre Rouge.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 20:39 (Ref:1927882)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre200
...Arnage at sunset is my favourite, but hopeless for photos (unless you like pictures of fences).
Have you tried Indianapolis/Arnage at dawn ?...Magic !
Old 3 Jun 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1927965)   #5
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
You should check out Tetre Rouge corner. The ACO is claiming it is better for viewing.
I tried it last year, but my camera couldn't quite make it over the fence. I will check it out this year, though. I always walk up after the first couple of hours, it's a bit of a ritual for my group.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 07:39 (Ref:1928119)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeynuts
Hi I have never been to Le Mans before and as i am on holiday in Normandy over the race period I was thinking of attending a pratice day .What is the best day and the best place to watch and take pics from .
If the weather is good then thursday final practice will be the session for setting the fastest times, but for taking photos perhaps wednesday will be better, the cars will be setting up suspension and getting used to the conditions.
I agree with the others that for pictures the new complex at tertre rouge or the esses are good as you can look down on the cars without fencing in the way, but you should try Arnarge nowhere else do you get that close to the cars.

Be warned that you might end up going back on saturday/sunday Le Mans fever is very contagious.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1928380)   #7
monkeynuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
thanks for the replies so it looks like the main enterance could be the place ,any idea on enterance fee and parking cost's .......
Old 4 Jun 2007, 12:13 (Ref:1928387)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
£43.60 or €61 for general admission.

Parking could be a problem now........
Old 4 Jun 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1928465)   #9
jph
Rookie

jph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The grandstand at the Ford Chicane is a pretty good spot for photographs - and it's free admission on the practice days.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1928475)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
thanks for the replies so it looks like the main enterance could be the place ,any idea on enterance fee and parking cost's .......
I don't think you can purchase a proctice day ticket only, but suggest you park at carreforre (supermarket on N138 towards le Mans) and walk to the tertre rouge enterance, should take about 20 minutes, and no chance of a parking ticket.

Once there see if you can get in but you may have to buy a race ticket and the urge to return on Saturday will be so strong you may be unable to resist.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1928563)   #11
monkeynuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
Well looking at the aco site it says you can buy a ticket for the test day which includes one of the practice days ....wed or thurs ..............But can you get them on the gate ????? anybody know ?????
Old 4 Jun 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1928737)   #12
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
Quote:
I think I may have mentioned this on another thread (apologies) but last year I managed to get a parking ticket for 'Parking Aerodrome' - 20 EUR this year. Tickets were sold on the gate. Or you could try for returned tickets at La Rotonde (which opens at 8am I think), but I doubt your chances, if last year was anything to go by.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 05:05 (Ref:1929013)   #13
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well looking at the aco site it says you can buy a ticket for the test day which includes one of the practice days ....wed or thurs ..............But can you get them on the gate ????? anybody know ?????
I'd be astonished if you couldn't buy a pass for one of the qualifying days only on the gate (but I can't be 100% on that, you may have to go to the 'Rotonde' to buy it). Either way, looks like it'll set you back no more than 25 Euro's.

Get there nice and early, it'll give you a chance to wander up and down the pitlane before the action begins. It's also worth mentioning, if you go on the Thursday, you'll get a 'bonus hour' of 'Legends' timed practice before qualifying proper begins.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:50 (Ref:1929081)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to the ACO, there is a Test Day ticket which also admits on one of the two practice days. These can be bought at any of the ticket sellers during the Le Mans week or from the Rotunde. They cost €25 (€20 if you're an ACO member).

See

Le Mans Billeterie (Ticket Office)
Old 5 Jun 2007, 08:31 (Ref:1929126)   #15
monkeynuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
According to the ACO, there is a Test Day ticket which also admits on one of the two practice days. These can be bought at any of the ticket sellers during the Le Mans week or from the Rotunde. They cost €25 (€20 if you're an ACO member).

See

Le Mans Billeterie (Ticket Office)
Great thats what I thought ........but after reading I am more worried abiout parking ...........any ideas??????
Old 5 Jun 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1929535)   #16
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great thats what I thought ........but after reading I am more worried abiout parking ...........any ideas??????
Wouldn't be too concerned with parking on the qualifying days. It's race day parking that sucks if you don't have a pass.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 18:41 (Ref:1929587)   #17
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can confirm that, parking is fine on the qually days and you can buy tickets at the gate for that evening's session.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:16 (Ref:1929988)   #18
monkeynuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
Top answers guy's thanks
Old 11 Jun 2007, 21:51 (Ref:1934434)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's a parking vert ticket going on eBay right now. They are rarely seen - even more rarely now.....