Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jul 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3915627)   #1976
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, this was one from the Maison Blanche Roof. Also I like the idea of those bar roofs.
Attached Thumbnails
48088542926_97b9e05c1e_k.jpg  
Old 11 Jul 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3917005)   #1977
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Almost one month later but I am now back home and so happy with the Le Mans experience. Those were some fantastic five days! I tried to make the most of it. Got to see the cars from every different available spot through the week. Managed to stay awake the 24 hours of the race (seeing cars in Mulsanne and Indianapolis during the night so cool!) and got to meet Pechito before FP1, during the parade and, sadly, after the race (that last hour was heartbreaking, only bad thing that happened during the week).
Got some very amateur pics and videos that are not worth sharing comparing to what I am seeing from you guys. I appreciate every advice that you gave me before going there. It was the best!
Old 11 Jul 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3917006)   #1978
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
glad you had a good time, shame you could not make the meet
Old 11 Jul 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3917007)   #1979
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
glad you had a good time, shame you could not make the meet
Yes, I missed that. It would have been great. It shocked me how everyone is so well prepared for this race, starting with personal cars being "dressed" for the occasion.
I am pretty sure that is not going to happen but I am so willing to come back in 2020 and hopefully see Toyota #7 and López having revenge.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3917009)   #1980
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You had quite a journey this year, for most of us the annual journey is much easier, but once hooked it is almost impossible to not start planning for the return even before you get home
Old 13 Jul 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3917401)   #1981
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Better late than never! Here are two customarily massive albums of photos from my first Le Mans:

Start to Dusk: https://bit.ly/2xMPV0K
Night to Finish: https://bit.ly/2JEmrYA

The first album covers warm-up (from Dunlop Tribune), start (from ACO 18) and then from Ford Chicanes to Tetre Rouge, up to about 8pm.

The second covers that same stretch at night and then just after dawn, then Mulsanne/Arnage/Indianapolis.

I'm happier with the second album than the first. It's much easier to shoot when there's fewer people around! For the night shots I used a very low ISO, which makes the pictures much darker than usual but emphasises the glow of exhausts and lights. My favourites are the shots from Mulsanne - close shots of grimy, patched-up cars on a filthy track, perfect 24-hour race sights!

Enjoy :-)
Old 13 Jul 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3917413)   #1982
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Great photographs. Thanks for sharing them!

I agree in that I like the second album more as a whole, too.

But the 1st one has some excellent photos as well, like the United #32 car on the 1st page where you can clearly see the driver's helmet (A. Brundle I think?) or the BMW #82 (1st page too) where you can see the driver's left hand. Excellent, I think.
I also really like the shots of the cars lining up Le Mans-style in preparation for the pace car laps.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3917416)   #1983
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Great photographs. Thanks for sharing them!
A pleasure! Thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 00:54 (Ref:3917435)   #1984
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for sharing.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3917501)   #1985
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did you need a step ladder to get those shots at Mulsanne? It's so many years since I've been over there.
Old 14 Jul 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3917684)   #1986
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Did you need a step ladder to get those shots at Mulsanne? It's so many years since I've been over there.
Not quite, I could just reach! It helps that I crop my photos to 16:9 since some of these have a shadow of the fence in the bottom of the original.

Next year I will definitely take a small step. There were shots I couldn't quite reach at Arnage and Tetre Rouge (I'm only 1.75m/5' 9" and ofc the camera is at eye level a few inches below that).
Old 14 Jul 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3917688)   #1987
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The fencing at Mulsanne is much worse than at TR. There are several spots at TR, particularly shooting right on the apex, where you can lift above the fence, although the loudspeaker poles can be a real nuisance to avoid, as well as people who get up and walk around in front of you!
Old 17 Jul 2019, 01:00 (Ref:3918077)   #1988
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Better late than never! Here are two customarily massive albums of photos from my first Le Mans:

The first album covers warm-up (from Dunlop Tribune), start (from ACO 18) and then from Ford Chicanes to Tetre Rouge, up to about 8pm.

The second covers that same stretch at night and then just after dawn, then Mulsanne/Arnage/Indianapolis.

I'm happier with the second album than the first. It's much easier to shoot when there's fewer people around! For the night shots I used a very low ISO, which makes the pictures much darker than usual but emphasises the glow of exhausts and lights. My favourites are the shots from Mulsanne - close shots of grimy, patched-up cars on a filthy track, perfect 24-hour race sights!

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Old 17 Jul 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3918181)   #1989
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post

Great pictures.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3918341)   #1990
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Than you both 🤗
Old 13 Mar 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3963791)   #1991
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anyone have a link to the hour-by-hour classification of last year's race? I've searched the ACO website but can't find it.....
Old 13 Mar 2020, 11:20 (Ref:3963794)   #1992
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Nothing in the annual package you received?
Old 13 Mar 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3963806)   #1993
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/

Just search for the 18/19 season and Le Mans race.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3963859)   #1994
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Nothing in the annual package you received?
Ah.....never thought of that Vince. I must open it.......
Old 13 Mar 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3963860)   #1995
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/

Just search for the 18/19 season and Le Mans race.
Perfect. Many thanks