Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jun 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4113961)   #326
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Just realised - too late, at the airport- that I have forgotten my ACO membership card.
You can bring up a photo of it on the Membre app....
Old 10 Jun 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4113972)   #327
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You can bring up a photo of it on the Membre app....
Awesome! I didn’t know that, thanks!
Old 11 Jun 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4114143)   #328
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably my last post on here before leaving for the circuit. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the meeting. For everyone here and those at home, I hope you have a great race. Remember, hats and suncream today!
Old 11 Jun 2022, 07:22 (Ref:4114144)   #329
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Easy drive to circuit, parked quickly, no queue to get in, friendly greetings all round, got ACO wristband, currently sitting in ACO cafe having a coffee. Great day so far!
Old 13 Jun 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4115316)   #330
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Home safe, that was a great return to normality, wonderful to meet evryone again after 3 years, last year was different and fun but i prefer things back to normal
Old 13 Jun 2022, 18:05 (Ref:4115416)   #331
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I arrived home a couple of hours ago. It was a good weekend and I've learned some lessons for my next trip

Good to meet up on Saturday.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 18:09 (Ref:4115418)   #332
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad you all got home safely and enjoyed your trip. Especially considering many missed out the last couple of years
Old 13 Jun 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4115434)   #333
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I arrived home a couple of hours ago. It was a good weekend and I've learned some lessons for my next trip

Good to meet up on Saturday.
I've also just got home. Very funny to see and speak, briefly to Peter on the motorway once back in the UK (that was my silly little Mazda)

Bloody fantastic week. The Porsches seem to like our bit of track, for the first time in years. The 24 itself went by in a blur, as per usual.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4115436)   #334
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I've also just got home. Very funny to see and speak, briefly to Peter on the motorway once back in the UK (that was my silly little Mazda)

Bloody fantastic week. The Porsches seem to like our bit of track, for the first time in years. The 24 itself went by in a blur, as per usual.
Yup I thought it was you. It was pretty hot out there so well done to you all.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 22:39 (Ref:4115463)   #335
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit I thought the crowd was about the same as usual on Wednesday and yesterday. Quiet out at Indianapolis on Wednesday (apart from the din coming from the campsite!), busier at Arnage last night. Reasonably busy in T17 during the day. We were filmed by the circuit TV in the grandstand, so watch out for us, I guess probably on the French DVD!
What did you think during the race itself?

At Tertre Rouge around 10pm it honestly felt busier than any of the last 10 races I've done. The Indy/Arnage banking was absolutely rammed by lunchtime too on the Sunday. Again, busiest I've seen it at that time since they re-did that area.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 05:52 (Ref:4115478)   #336
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The changes tp pedestrian access meant that at Tertre Rouge on the outside of the track from dunlop to the corner the numbers were certainly lower than previous years at busy times. However at other times in the late evening during the night and at day break there seemed to be more people around. As the sun rose on sunday morning there are usually only a few people around but this year i could see hundreds of people watching and drifting around.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 09:10 (Ref:4115510)   #337
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got home at 3am.

I love driving in France but the contrast with England is stark. Roadworks everywhere, multiple lane closures, 3 motorway closures (M25 and M1 twice), 'report of pedestrians' at 1am on the M1, 'report of obstruction' but no further clues (is it a bird, is it a plane, is it a fever dream?), total carnage from Surrey to Leicestershire.

Looking forward to doing it again next year.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4115514)   #338
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apparently attendance was about 244000, whatever that actually means. Pretty good for another transitional year. Next year is going to be nuts.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4115518)   #339
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
...I love driving in France but the contrast with England is stark....
Although, I think we are lucky that most of the Le Mans to Calais route is lightly trafficked even by French standards, the section around Rouen that is the Normandy to Paris autoroute is always as busy as the British roads, so if that was the case for the whole of the French side it would be a different story.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4115519)   #340
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got a souvenir from one of the 244000 spectators, tested positive just now (not the 24h virus). What a shitty end to a fantastic week.

On my way down I got stuck for 2 hours arround Parijs, thought it was best to avoid it this time and drive the route over Rouen (monday morning). What a joy, almost empty roads and lots of 'super cars' although slightly longer and more toll, that's the way I will travel next time.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4115522)   #341
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I got a souvenir from one of the 244000 spectators, tested positive just now (not the 24h virus). What a shitty end to a fantastic week.

On my way down I got stuck for 2 hours arround Parijs, thought it was best to avoid it this time and drive the route over Rouen (monday morning). What a joy, almost empty roads and lots of 'super cars' although slightly longer and more toll, that's the way I will travel next time.
Sorry about your virus. Get well soon. I used the Rouen Route both ways, as you say more tolls which means leaping out of the car, running round it to either; get the ticket; or, pay the toll (around 30 euros each time). But there were loads of classics and high end sportscars to ogle, chase, or admire at the coffee stops. At one stop there was even a 1960s Porsche 911! I was surprised to see Aston Martins and Ferraris "stickered up" with the 24hrs logo and other stickers.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4115523)   #342
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
...tested positive just now (not the 24h virus)....
It was probably those dirty Englishmen you camped next to!

(I should better test myself).
Old 14 Jun 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4115527)   #343
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
It was probably those dirty Englishmen you camped next to!

(I should better test myself).
Sorry about that, or you should be
It is what it is.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4115534)   #344
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Negative Test for me.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4115586)   #345
Mike E
Veteran

I did my usual Newhaven-Dieppe crossing and drove down via Rouen to save a bit of time. Only one €32 toll to pay that way.

I avoided the toll road on the way back and took the smaller roads. It takes longer but it's much nicer.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 17:06 (Ref:4115595)   #346
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Negative Test for me.
Glad you are oké.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4115598)   #347
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I too went to Le Mans and all I cam back with was a lousy virus.

Positive test here too. Feeling pretty rubbish, which I thought was just tiredness from travelling but - No! Second time for me. What a pain in the rear.

Agreed on the driving though - the Le Mans/Rouen/Calais route was really quiet in both directions, excepting some traffic in Rouen and absolute chaos at the Coquelles terminal yesterday. One of the UK customs guys told me it looked like everyone from Le Mans had arrived at the same time!
Old 14 Jun 2022, 18:33 (Ref:4115615)   #348
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope you guys feel better soon!

In more positive news, next year's date is officially official. Time to get an ACO membership I reckon.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 20:03 (Ref:4115643)   #349
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Positive test here too. Feeling pretty rubbish, which I thought was just tiredness from travelling but - No! Second time for me. What a pain in the rear.

Agreed on the driving though - the Le Mans/Rouen/Calais route was really quiet in both directions, excepting some traffic in Rouen and absolute chaos at the Coquelles terminal yesterday. One of the UK customs guys told me it looked like everyone from Le Mans had arrived at the same time!
It was a nightmare as usual at Caen (Ouistreham) for the 4.30 pm ferry back. They had opened the check-in early at 1 pm (as they have for some years) but I think the incoming ferry was late so we spent ages queueing, moving on 2 car lengths, queueing, moving on 2-3 car lengths (rinse and repeat). By the time I got on (one of the last 10 or so cars) I had been in one queue or another for the best part of three and a half hours. We sailed 45 minutes late and arrived 40 minutes late to a whole world of diversion pain on the M27 and beyond. As I've said in our team chat, it must have been 'Cone Night' but someone forgot to tell us.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 16 Jun 2022 at 07:42.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 21:40 (Ref:4115653)   #350
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:

Sorry you got the lurgi, hope you get well soon.

The chunnel was chaotic on Wednesday when I left, but it was worse at Calais. I was booked for 1520 but got there early so they put me on the 1436 which eventually left at 1450 ish.

Then I was hassled by some bloke in a Mazda all the way up the M20 to the A1 junction on the M25!