Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Mar 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4100956)   #151
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i am certain i heard that there would be an autograph session on tuesday.
I remember reading that, pit walk and autograph session. Shame I will not be there until Thursday.

Sean
Old 2 Mar 2022, 19:43 (Ref:4100959)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Nothing on monday and tuesday? Where is the autograph session and the Pitwalk?
I'm certain that what the ACO have posted (and I've rehashed) is not the definitive list. If you compare it with previous years - e.g.

https://www.aysedasi.co.uk/2018/2018programme

I suspect there is plenty more to be announced yet.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 11:01 (Ref:4101010)   #153
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed. I suspect they will still be looking at a 'minimal viable product' approach to the calendar as each layer of restrictions is removed (or indeed, re-applied).
Old 10 Mar 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4101932)   #154
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got the nod to attend this year, looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.
Old 10 Mar 2022, 13:56 (Ref:4101939)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
I got the nod to attend this year, looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.
You must pop in for more than just 5 minutes this year mon ami!
Old 10 Mar 2022, 17:15 (Ref:4101974)   #156
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You must pop in for more than just 5 minutes this year mon ami!
Well now we basically have all day before the race starts...
Old 10 Mar 2022, 17:21 (Ref:4101975)   #157
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It will be good to see you at the meet this year
Old 10 Mar 2022, 18:23 (Ref:4101983)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Well now we basically have all day before the race starts...
9 days, even.....
Old 17 Mar 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4102897)   #159
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Anyone booked with P &O ferries for this year should check the news today, looks like they are in trouble.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 13:39 (Ref:4102900)   #160
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, looks very dodgy indeed......
Old 17 Mar 2022, 14:05 (Ref:4102904)   #161
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
honestly from a moral standpoint, firing off the long term workers and hiring through an agency to shuffle the cost of employment and benefits onto the worker instead is pretty lousy.

(in case anyone isn't aware, agency workers often have to pay the agency a percentage of their wage to be paid PAYE unless you have a limited company which is sketchy from a liability standpoint. you are obviously not given holiday leave, just holiday pay as a percentage of hours worked, and turning down shifts often puts you to the back of the list of people they offer work to. the end result is a loss of skilled workers)
Old 17 Mar 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4102914)   #162
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...droidApp_Other
Old 17 Mar 2022, 16:33 (Ref:4102926)   #163
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
honestly from a moral standpoint, firing off the long term workers and hiring through an agency to shuffle the cost of employment and benefits onto the worker instead is pretty lousy.

(in case anyone isn't aware, agency workers often have to pay the agency a percentage of their wage to be paid PAYE unless you have a limited company which is sketchy from a liability standpoint. you are obviously not given holiday leave, just holiday pay as a percentage of hours worked, and turning down shifts often puts you to the back of the list of people they offer work to. the end result is a loss of skilled workers)
Actually it gets worse because IR35 kicks in if you remain working for the same employer for six months or more, thereby increasing your tax burden.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 18:20 (Ref:4102946)   #164
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, IR35 penalises the worker and not the company demanding they sign up under those circumstances. agencies likely get around it by rotating payroll company names for ltd company invoicing - i was paid PAYE by two different umbrella companies in 3 months for example. the worker has multiple company names on their books, problem solved.

i stand with the p&o workers. they’ve been treated incredibly badly. my channel crossings will be with dfds and irish ferries from now onwards, and i’d recommend anyone looking to book a crossing takes similar steps.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 19:22 (Ref:4102960)   #165
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yeah, IR35 penalises the worker and not the company demanding they sign up under those circumstances. agencies likely get around it by rotating payroll company names for ltd company invoicing - i was paid PAYE by two different umbrella companies in 3 months for example. the worker has multiple company names on their books, problem solved.

i stand with the p&o workers. they’ve been treated incredibly badly. my channel crossings will be with dfds and irish ferries from now onwards, and i’d recommend anyone looking to book a crossing takes similar steps.
I concur. Should add I'm now sticking to Le Chunnel.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 20:21 (Ref:4102972)   #166
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i did use p & o for a booze cruise last week, well went with a friend who will not use the tunnel, the ferry was almost empty apart from lorries and the only thing on the boat we were allowed to use was a single coffee bar and the duty free shop no food available. Not surprised they are in trouble to be honest, if i book i always use tunnel for le mans trip and dunkerkirk with dfds for spa.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 20:54 (Ref:4102984)   #167
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
was that one of the teeny tiny little boats or the big ones?

i book dfds too. it's usually cheaper, the crossing terms are better (you have 2 hours either side and a choice of 2 ports if you're running late) and when i went over in december they were giving everybody free food, not just the freight traffic. magnificent.

don't forget dover/calais also has irish ferries now as well!
Old 18 Mar 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4103053)   #168
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
No it was the pride of canterbury (not sure canterbury will be happy about that after yesterday) on way back there were only about 6 cars leaving the ferry and we got pulled over at dover by customs (they were obviously bored and pulled over 3 of the six cars). plenty of lorries on the ferry.
Old 15 Apr 2022, 11:13 (Ref:4106935)   #169
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some news from Le Mans. Today for the 24 hours motor bises a pint costs between 6.50 € and 8.00€. ???
Old 15 Apr 2022, 13:08 (Ref:4106943)   #170
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Some news from Le Mans. Today for the 24 hours motor bises a pint costs between 6.50 € and 8.00€. ???
Are you sure it wasn't gasoline?
Old 15 Apr 2022, 18:37 (Ref:4106959)   #171
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well not sure drinking petrol is a good idea, but neither is the sorry excuse for beer they serve at most places on the circuit. We will have to buy stuff at the supermarket and drink that instead, so no change from previous years then. Enjoy the bikes Eric, hope the weather there is as good as it is in the uk, glorious time at the cricket today
Old 15 Apr 2022, 19:04 (Ref:4106963)   #172
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Are you sure it wasn't gasoline?
Cheaper than beer
Old 15 Apr 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4106964)   #173
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well not sure drinking petrol is a good idea, but neither is the sorry excuse for beer they serve at most places on the circuit. We will have to buy stuff at the supermarket and drink that instead, so no change from previous years then. Enjoy the bikes Eric, hope the weather there is as good as it is in the uk, glorious time at the cricket today
??yes very nice weather to walk along the track!!
Old 16 Apr 2022, 17:52 (Ref:4107006)   #174
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
/me waves that yes indeed, subject to COVID messing things up again, I will be at posts 8/9bis once again. Looking forward to it!
Old 16 Apr 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4107011)   #175
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Looking forward to the trip. Hopefully the XJS will be back on the road. Also got to work out what to bring to the lunchtime gathering.