Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 2023, 12:43 (Ref:4152256)   #951
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just had a invite from the aco for the newly refurbished members area at La chapelle, it appears that it is no longer open to members unless they pay a supplement of 46 euro's, or am i misreading it and that is the charge for guests.

Last edited by GT6; 20 Apr 2023 at 13:01.
Old 20 Apr 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4152258)   #952
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's how I read it. I've bought mine. It says limited numbers, I wonder how limited.....?
Old 20 Apr 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4152261)   #953
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i will take my old wrist bands, not paying 46 euro's extra, if the old ones match this years i will use it for free but otherwise will give it a miss
Old 20 Apr 2023, 13:16 (Ref:4152264)   #954
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be honest, it's pretty cheap, bearing in mind how much a few drinks costs you in the circuit. And you can sign in two guests.
Old 20 Apr 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4152279)   #955
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
so the 46 euro's also covers 2 guests?
Old 20 Apr 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4152280)   #956
Dominion
Rookie

Dominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
so the 46 euro's also covers 2 guests?
No, it’s €46 per person.

In the past was it not bundled with your membership though? The €65 or whatever it is now was wiped out by the discount on 2 tickets and a camping pitch so €46 to get in the members areas is ok with me.
Old 20 Apr 2023, 19:09 (Ref:4152295)   #957
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're right. There will be the usual extra fee (something like €15 for each of the two guests*). It was originally included with the membership but then a couple of years ago the ACO introduced a 'lesser' membership, something like €60 instead of the €105 (or whatever it was). Now you buy your lesser membership and have to pay extra for the special area(s). I think that's right anyway, but I stand to be corrected.

(*I'm pretty sure that the guests don't have to pay as much as €46, but, knowing the ACO, they could well decide that.... ).
Old 20 Apr 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4152297)   #958
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be attending the centenary, for my first Le Mans in 4 years and another trek from Stornoway. A proper special one to attend indeed. Will be staying in the center of Le Mans for the first few days during the scrutineering and will give the old town a proper look around and then will be staying in the brand new Hippodrome campsite.
Old 20 Apr 2023, 20:12 (Ref:4152299)   #959
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nice one! As Simon (GT6) would be sure to tell you, don't miss the Ten Tenths meeting on Saturday!!
Old 21 Apr 2023, 07:33 (Ref:4152335)   #960
Dominion
Rookie

Dominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You're right. There will be the usual extra fee (something like €15 for each of the two guests*). It was originally included with the membership but then a couple of years ago the ACO introduced a 'lesser' membership, something like €60 instead of the €105 (or whatever it was). Now you buy your lesser membership and have to pay extra for the special area(s). I think that's right anyway, but I stand to be corrected.

(*I'm pretty sure that the guests don't have to pay as much as €46, but, knowing the ACO, they could well decide that.... ).
Yeah, that’s how I remember it, they’ve split the membership and member areas. Then members could bring in a guest for something like €20 but that seems to have gone now too.
What’s not clear though is if basic membership lets you in to the ACO grandstand with the bar or if you need the extra for that too, only seems to mention the area at La Chapelle.

With the full capacity this year, going in to the La Chapelle area for a cheaper drink/snack and access to the better toilets with a shorter queue will be nice to have if you like your creature comforts. Quite a nice area to view from too.
Old 21 Apr 2023, 07:39 (Ref:4152337)   #961
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
Yeah, that’s how I remember it, they’ve split the membership and member areas. Then members could bring in a guest for something like €20 but that seems to have gone now too.
What’s not clear though is if basic membership lets you in to the ACO grandstand with the bar or if you need the extra for that too, only seems to mention the area at La Chapelle.

With the full capacity this year, going in to the La Chapelle area for a cheaper drink/snack and access to the better toilets with a shorter queue will be nice to have if you like your creature comforts. Quite a nice area to view from too.
I used it last year and on my previous visit. It's an oasis of relative peace at lunchtime on the Sunday. From there it's a relatively short stroll to the ACO grandstand for the finish. I've booked my place but I guess we get the pass when we register at the ACO desk.
Old 21 Apr 2023, 09:01 (Ref:4152342)   #962
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As we are in Tertre Rouge, we have decent toilets good food, somewhere to rest and relax plus drink at cost and good views of the track and a big screen. Worth it's wieght in gold in our opinion. Plus security to keep out the rif raf
Old 21 Apr 2023, 11:04 (Ref:4152349)   #963
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post

The basic membership should get you into the back of T17/T18 for the bar/cafe as well as the decent loos, but you obviously won't get into the grandstand during the race. You may well be allowed in though during practice/qually.
Old 21 Apr 2023, 11:43 (Ref:4152357)   #964
Dominion
Rookie

Quote:
The basic membership should get you into the back of T17/T18 for the bar/cafe as well as the decent loos, but you obviously won't get into the grandstand during the race. You may well be allowed in though during practice/qually.
Certainly not for the race I agree, I did watch some sessions from the grandstand last year, although I had the wristband anyway so that clears up precisely nothing!!

Would be great if they could give us definitive details on things like this, I’m sure sometimes they are deliberately vague. I’ve ordered the La Chapelle access now but it doesn’t say, or maybe I’ve just not seen, how you go about actually doing it. Assume it’s collecting wristbands again from ACO stand but that’s the benefit of experience, it’ll always be somebody’s first time at the race.

Same with the green ticket, I’ve uploaded the proof which has been approved but I’m still not able to access and print the tickets like I have with the camping pass.
Old 21 Apr 2023, 18:17 (Ref:4152392)   #965
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can't speak about the green ticket (although I'm surprised that you still can't download and print the ticket). I'm pretty certain though that the ACO area access(es) will be by armband issued in the usual way, the staff having checked your account on their computers...
Old 24 Apr 2023, 14:57 (Ref:4152788)   #966
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well the aco has announced the acts performing if anyone here is interested, Razorlight and MIka are probably the only ones known outside france
Old 24 Apr 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4152790)   #967
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Whoopee bally doo..... That's all I can say......
Old 24 Apr 2023, 16:19 (Ref:4152802)   #968
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My mum quite likes Mika.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 16:42 (Ref:4152807)   #969
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not interested at all.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4152844)   #970
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
2012 called, it wants its flash-in-the-pans back.

I know it's only meant to be second fiddle to the race, but surely there's better to come.
Old 24 Apr 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4152851)   #971
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So now we know the concerts, I wonder what makes the friday so special to give only a limited group of spectators access to the track?
Old 24 Apr 2023, 20:50 (Ref:4152853)   #972
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They know I'm going to be there?
Old 24 Apr 2023, 22:10 (Ref:4152857)   #973
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ACO member area upgrade was 15euro per member plus 15 euro each for up to 3 guests. 40 euros last year and 40 euros this year early bird price.

Do get a program, wristband, and something like a Jim’ll fixit badge. (best to pick up early in week/visit) Chappell area great and there’s also a viewing platform on way to karting.

Non race days all the areas are pretty relaxed and decent service etc, shade and different food options. Last year you also got 2 euros discount on each beer and each roll/baguette - think a bottle of Pomery champagne was 60 verses 115 outside.

Good bar outside 17/18 with deck chairs etc. Bit of a queue for mens toilets at Chappell last year as only two flushing toilets for men. Hopefully improved.

Good viewing area at Chappelle with nice no fence view towards garage vert and curves before Tertre rouge.

Price of GA plus members upgrade a bargain compared to Silverstone GP
Old 1 May 2023, 15:35 (Ref:4154028)   #974
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just as a matter of interest, has anyone received their sticker(s) for parking yet?
Old 1 May 2023, 15:45 (Ref:4154034)   #975
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just as a matter of interest, has anyone received their sticker(s) for parking yet?
Nope
Closed Thread