Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 2023, 15:48 (Ref:4154037)   #976
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just received a renewal reminder for membership. Mine expires 30 June. A touch previous methinks
Old 1 May 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4154043)   #977
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received a renewal reminder for membership. Mine expires 30 June. A touch previous methinks
Exactly the same for me Peter.....
Old 1 May 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4154050)   #978
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just as a matter of interest, has anyone received their sticker(s) for parking yet?
Nope, got a text message today to complete my membership to be able to enter the twice bigger Chapelle area! But I'm pretty sure I already bought acces for myself and my guests.
Pffffffff
Old 2 May 2023, 06:25 (Ref:4154116)   #979
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Nope, got a text message today to complete my membership to be able to enter the twice bigger Chapelle area! But I'm pretty sure I already bought acces for myself and my guests.
Pffffffff
Yeah, same here. I think all members got the mailshot.
Old 7 May 2023, 15:41 (Ref:4154840)   #980
Yuri G.
Rookie

Yuri G. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone, a noob question from an almost Le Mans noob (this is only my second time attending the race).
Given the fact I got a last minute opportunity to attend the Race this year I'm pretty late on everything. Is there any chance of finding a parking slot for the event?
Is there any non-official parking that could be considered reliable?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 7 May 2023, 16:58 (Ref:4154851)   #981
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We're assuming that there will be free parking on the airfield as in previous years. There is some other free parking prior to the weekend but otherwise you might need to park in some of the roads that are within a half hour or so of the track. There are - very occasionally - parking tickets showing up on the resale site, but I'm yet to see a full week parking ticket come up.
Old 7 May 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4154857)   #982
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I found this for you, sorry in french language, but honestly its gonna be a nightmare for many. In town you'll find twelve parking lots but the total capacity is just ridiculous, only 3600 places. They are not free and you'll have to take the tram to go to and from… and the service is not 24/24.
https://lemans.maville.com/sport/det...86102_actu.Htm
Old 8 May 2023, 18:16 (Ref:4155042)   #983
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/info/p...al-information
Old 8 May 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4155055)   #984
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm flying from Orlando (USA) to London on June 8 for a wedding. The wedding is on June 12 and we fly home on June 15. I've been to the UK in the past, but never mainland Europe. Logistically how difficult would it be to add the 24 to my schedule? Is it even possible at this point?
Old 8 May 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4155065)   #985
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
I'm flying from Orlando (USA) to London on June 8 for a wedding. The wedding is on June 12 and we fly home on June 15. I've been to the UK in the past, but never mainland Europe. Logistically how difficult would it be to add the 24 to my schedule? Is it even possible at this point?
Well, I hate to discourage anyone from attending the Great Race, but all the tickets are sold out. With the current political disturbances in France, it is almost certain that some of the entitled idiots will try to ruin the centenary. Perhaps watch it on TV or the web.
Old 9 May 2023, 08:16 (Ref:4155149)   #986
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
Well unless you want to give the wedding a miss impossible i would say as race stasrts 4pm on the saturday anf finishes 4pm on sunday 11th so unlikely you could get back to london in a fit state for the wedding
Old 9 May 2023, 08:21 (Ref:4155152)   #987
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Less than a month to go.
Old 9 May 2023, 08:39 (Ref:4155155)   #988
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep. In 4 weeks I'll be getting ready to drive the circuit.
Old 9 May 2023, 11:14 (Ref:4155180)   #989
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well hopefully in 4 weeks time we will have the camp set up and enjoying our first full day at the circuit
Old 9 May 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4155189)   #990
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just renewed membership and confirmed access to La Chappele.
Old 9 May 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4155197)   #991
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In 4 weeks i hope to be at...checks programme...drivers autograph session in the pitlane
Old 10 May 2023, 13:36 (Ref:4155388)   #992
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Pffffffff
If you purchase the Chapelle area can you take a non-member guest?
Old 10 May 2023, 13:40 (Ref:4155389)   #993
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I got tht message and my La Chappele ticket was already in my account. Just had to renew my membership. I haven't paid previously so I guess this applied to those of us whose membership expires in June.
Old 10 May 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4155411)   #994
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If you purchase the Chapelle area can you take a non-member guest?
Yes as long as you pay for them, nothing comes free these days
Old 11 May 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4155537)   #995
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well unless you want to give the wedding a miss impossible i would say as race stasrts 4pm on the saturday anf finishes 4pm on sunday 11th so unlikely you could get back to london in a fit state for the wedding
I'm ok with that but my wife probably wouldn't be too happy with me.
Old 11 May 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4155568)   #996
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just as a matter of interest, has anyone received their sticker(s) for parking yet?
Nothing here as at 11 May ... although my Crit Air sticker turned up last week
Old 11 May 2023, 16:16 (Ref:4155575)   #997
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Today I went to our local market. I have selected two cheeses from the deli stall which I hope will meet with approval at the lunchtime meet.
Old 12 May 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4155673)   #998
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Paddock and gridwalk tickets delivered today. The return is finally starting to feel real.
Old 12 May 2023, 15:50 (Ref:4155724)   #999
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Paddock and gridwalk tickets delivered today. The return is finally starting to feel real.
Paddock tickets? New thing? Or race day access?
Old 12 May 2023, 17:41 (Ref:4155737)   #1000
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Paddock tickets? New thing? Or race day access?
Blew some extra money on a paddock/gridwalk pass, same as in 2018. Wasn't going to miss it for this event.