Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 16 May 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4156395)   #1051
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So have you had nothing at all yet Vincent?
I've got the print-at-home tickets for GE, and campsites, and one for Parking Expo, but not the sticker for Parking Expo.
Old 16 May 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4156400)   #1052
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, well we're in the same boat then as although I have some parking tickets hard copy, I also have a couple of e-tickets and I haven't received any sticker(s) yet either. I might just pop them an email....
Old 16 May 2023, 14:51 (Ref:4156420)   #1053
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah, well we're in the same boat then as although I have some parking tickets hard copy, I also have a couple of e-tickets and I haven't received any sticker(s) yet either. I might just pop them an email....
I have the proper old fashioned printed tickets, I presume we don't need stickers for those, but who knows with the ACO

I'm guessing the sticker is to a) stop people printing off three copies, and b) save the hassle of people and their phones at the gate.
Old 16 May 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4156421)   #1054
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Anyone received their parking tickets yet? From the ACO that is, not ticket agencies.
Well, just had a text from DHL to say that something will arrive from Automobile Club tomorrow - perhaps that is the Parking tickets - will advise in due course.
Old 16 May 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4156441)   #1055
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I have the proper old fashioned printed tickets, I presume we don't need stickers for those, but who knows with the ACO

I'm guessing the sticker is to a) stop people printing off three copies, and b) save the hassle of people and their phones at the gate.
I guess so. I emailed ACO support about the stickers and they emailed back to say I needed to email the ticket department. As it happens, I sent my original email to the ticket department as well.... I will wait and see if I get a reply. As they've got no tickets to sell, they shouldn't be very busy.....
Old 16 May 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4156444)   #1056
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
AFAIK the deal for BSJ Camping is arrive and swap your ticket for a sticker. I imagine it would be the same for parking.
Old 16 May 2023, 17:05 (Ref:4156446)   #1057
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
AFAIK the deal for BSJ Camping is arrive and swap your ticket for a sticker. I imagine it would be the same for parking.
Has been for Parking Expo in recent years … but I suppose if you are going to change things you might as well do everything in one year …
Old 16 May 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4156450)   #1058
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We still have camping stickers on several of our cars from previous years, they are a bugger to get of without leaving a mess
Old 16 May 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4156455)   #1059
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We still have camping stickers on several of our cars from previous years, they are a bugger to get of without leaving a mess
Brake fluid and then brake cleaner, but watch the paintwork with the former!
Old 16 May 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4156458)   #1060
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
no i actually quite like leaving them there
Old 16 May 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4156469)   #1061
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Has been for Parking Expo in recent years … but I suppose if you are going to change things you might as well do everything in one year …
But the email said -

You have booked a parking permit for the Panorama, Expo, Mulsane-Arnage car park or Parking PZ54 car park. This year, your parking permit will be a sticker that you will receive by secured mail. You won’t need to exchange your E-ticket for a permit when you get to the circuit.
Old 16 May 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4156474)   #1062
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But the email said -

You have booked a parking permit for the Panorama, Expo, Mulsane-Arnage car park or Parking PZ54 car park. This year, your parking permit will be a sticker that you will receive by secured mail. You won’t need to exchange your E-ticket for a permit when you get to the circuit.
The sticker will probably arrive after we've left for Le Mans
Old 16 May 2023, 20:18 (Ref:4156478)   #1063
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I'm thinking the same thing.
Old 16 May 2023, 20:20 (Ref:4156479)   #1064
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
I guess so. I emailed ACO support about the stickers and they emailed back to say I needed to email the ticket department. As it happens, I sent my original email to the ticket department as well.... I will wait and see if I get a reply. As they've got no tickets to sell, they shouldn't be very busy.....
What email address did you use? I used serviceclients@lemans.org
No reply yet. (mail sent 15.13 CET, so the French had probably already left the office)
Old 16 May 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4156484)   #1065
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just used the normal tickets address - tickets@lemans.org
Old 17 May 2023, 06:30 (Ref:4156499)   #1066
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Did try with WD40?
Old 17 May 2023, 06:46 (Ref:4156503)   #1067
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's a very simple solution to the windscreen sticker issue chaps...don't stick them on your windscreen, just lay them on your dashboard, I've done that for years now, after getting thoroughly fed up with
the issues and excessive amount of elbow grease necessary to get the sticker and glue residue off my windscreens. Simples, surely?

Time's really flying, just two weeks today I'll be on my way. Need to up the ante on my preparations from today.

Getting really very excited now...
Old 17 May 2023, 08:19 (Ref:4156511)   #1068
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I see FP4 on the Thursday evening has been cut to just one hour, 10-11pm, according to the programme on the ACO website.
I'm kinda bummed about that change. We were planning to head to Arnage for it as we did last time, but not sure if we will now as we could end up missing more of it if traffic is worse than we anticipate.
Old 17 May 2023, 08:21 (Ref:4156512)   #1069
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
I'm kinda bummed about that change. We were planning to head to Arnage for it as we did last time, but not sure if we will now as we could end up missing more of it if traffic is worse than we anticipate.
I thought I'd watch that from the spectator area at BSJ. I'll catch the afternoon practice from Dunlop Bridge area. I suspect everywhare will be rammed though.
Old 17 May 2023, 08:31 (Ref:4156517)   #1070
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
Gotcha, and I agree that it's a great session to try to watch at either Arnage or Mulsanne, due to there being less traffic between enclosure locations than during the race itself.
Old 17 May 2023, 08:34 (Ref:4156519)   #1071
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes for several years we would watch the night time session at arnarge, much easier than going there during the actual race
Old 17 May 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4156526)   #1072
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So would you say Arnage is the best place to watch from at night? Or only during the practice session? I have heard from family members lucky enough to go to LM how surreal it can feel at night and the atmosphere can be quite something wherever you are.
Old 17 May 2023, 09:37 (Ref:4156529)   #1073
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So would you say Arnage is the best place to watch from at night? Or only during the practice session? I have heard from family members lucky enough to go to LM how surreal it can feel at night and the atmosphere can be quite something wherever you are.
For me, it's my favourite viewing enclosure full stop, night or day, although it would be true to say that it takes on a special atmosphere after dark.

That said, the amount of floodlighting around that section of track has increased over the years, which detracts somewhat from the experience. They have also cut back on the number of big screens there over the last couple of years, from two to one, which is a bit frustrating.

The greatest thing about Le Mans is the sheer variety of viewing locations available, all with their own qualities/characteristics, so to just watch the race from Arnage, for example, is to miss out on so much else the circuit has to offer the spectator.

Last edited by Bentley03; 17 May 2023 at 09:50.
Old 17 May 2023, 10:23 (Ref:4156534)   #1074
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Well, just had a text from DHL to say that something will arrive from Automobile Club tomorrow - perhaps that is the Parking tickets - will advise in due course.
Les tickets de parking Expo sont arrivés ! Hurrah !
Old 17 May 2023, 11:31 (Ref:4156542)   #1075
Dominion
Rookie

Dominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No, absolutely not, nobody should go down to Arnage on the Saturday night. This is in no way related to me wanting to get a spot right up against the fence again at 2am.

Joking apart it’s great at night down at Mulsanne and Indianapolis/Arnage. The cars screaming past with headlights on full as you walk back to the exit of Mulsanne and the cars barrelling in to Arnage with brakes glowing before they roar away is a great experience in the dark.
Closed Thread