Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4157023)   #1101
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just looked at my GA/GS combined e-tickets and my name isn't on them anywhere.

I'd be amazed if there were any sort of ID checks in place.
Old 20 May 2023, 20:17 (Ref:4157025)   #1102
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure you're right. That seems to be the consensus here and elsewhere....
Old 20 May 2023, 20:22 (Ref:4157028)   #1103
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just write your name on it in pen
Old 20 May 2023, 21:48 (Ref:4157056)   #1104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From elsewhere I am told -

If you are the original purchaser of the e-ticket there is an option in your account to get a QR code direct to your mobile device if you want to cut out the PDF middleman.

Otherwise the tickets are completely 'transferable' (without need to formally transfer them). The warning of course is that if an unscrupulous seller has sent the pdf to more than one person then the person that gets there first is OK, but anyone who arrives subsequently with the same QR coded e-ticket has a problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Just write your name on it in pen
Good advice Guy!

I'm guessing that in years to come, e-tickets will become very much the norm which, as a collector of Le Mans tickets, would be rather disappointing.....
Old 22 May 2023, 07:07 (Ref:4157393)   #1105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Going back to James' post -

Going back to this, you may have seen a post elsewhere about needing an entry ticket for an old friend. Well, I've managed to source one from another old friend - on here But it's an e-ticket. Being a 'belt and braces' man, I'm trying to find out if general entry e-tickets do need to be transferred into the name of the person intending to use them. I'm actually guessing not as that could create issues for groups where all of the e-tickets were bought by the same person, but I can't actually get a definitive answer... Does anyone know for sure?

I've posed the question in various places, including an email to the ACO....
Belt and braces from the ACO.....

Ghislain (Automobile Club de l'Ouest)
22 mai 2023, 09:03 UTC+2

Dear member,

The ACO Club team thanks you for your email and your interest.

The tickets are not nominative, your friend will not have to transfer the ticket to his name. He will only have to present it on the circuit.

Yours sincerely,
Member Services
Old 22 May 2023, 07:12 (Ref:4157395)   #1106
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's good they got back to you by email. Glad your friend can just turn up with the ticket, instead of having to go through any complicated procedure, so hope he has a good time. Praise to the ACO there
Old 22 May 2023, 07:14 (Ref:4157396)   #1107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's good they got back to you by email. Glad your friend can just turn up with the ticket, instead of having to go through any complicated procedure, so hope he has a good time. Praise to the ACO there
Nah, I'm taking all the praise here......
Old 22 May 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4157401)   #1108
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for checking
Old 22 May 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4157452)   #1109
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i suspect that right about now in 2 weeks we will be arriving at tertre rouge to set up our home for a week. starting to get excited already
Old 22 May 2023, 15:40 (Ref:4157463)   #1110
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, likewise, we should be in our French home by now too.
Old 22 May 2023, 16:32 (Ref:4157469)   #1111
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just seen that the french are planning a day of action against something on tuesday the 6th. So could be some disruption. Will probably be staying at the track that day.

Also heard that the french version of just stop oil attacked a tram in le mans today to protest against the le mans 24 hour race
Old 22 May 2023, 18:30 (Ref:4157475)   #1112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You've got to fear that with such a big event and the Centenary, there will probably be 'silliness' of some kind somewhere at the event.....
Old 22 May 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4157477)   #1113
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly true I fear: https://www.sweetfm.fr/le-mans-stop-...-du-centenaire
But nobody can imagine what ACO represent locally and nationaly, they have the power to discuss and a lot more to say the least. They wont let some hysteric bozos spoil the centenary race.
Old 22 May 2023, 18:33 (Ref:4157478)   #1114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let the crowd loose on them, I say....... Or even just the Brits.
Old 22 May 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4157479)   #1115
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
My answer above was to GT6's post. Apart from looking ridiculous, they can do nothing against such a event. ACO are really a big instance, believe it… Just look to the boss'name and you'll find a former PM as brother (and racer too). Just to start. The best/worse could be they get an invite AND a parking AND camping place! Or just a well deserved kick!
Old 22 May 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4157484)   #1116
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
To have a good idea, or very bad depending on your point of view, of what kind of mess today's France is, think about people protesting against race cars using fuel who destroy an electric tram. Morons! Whe just are worse than any cliché. Back to Monty Python's Life of Ryan.
Old 22 May 2023, 19:31 (Ref:4157497)   #1117
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We have our own share of nutjobs in the USA. Seems that the loons are getting bolder and bolder these days. Wouldn't put it beyond possibility that something bad happens as a result. They seem to pick out especially memorable moments to create calamity.
Old 22 May 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4157500)   #1118
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
They seem to pick out especially memorable moments to create calamity.
With circa one hundred of itn televisions involved in this race, lets bet they will show their best, meaning their bottoms. S'ils pensent que montrer ses fesses a la face du monde peut sauver la planète, grand bien leur fasse! Dunno if the term @rsehole can be accepted on this honorable forum tho… Sorry!
Old 22 May 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4157504)   #1119
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They'll have to get tickets first!
Old 22 May 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4157510)   #1120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think we all have our fair share of fruitloops, whatever country we live in. Having said that, I expect using the word 'fruitloop' is frowned upon these days!
Old 22 May 2023, 21:15 (Ref:4157512)   #1121
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think we all have our fair share of fruitloops, whatever country we live in. Having said that, I expect using the word 'fruitloop' is frowned upon these days!
Depends on what kind of dictionary you use, Cambridge or urban one!

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...ish/fruit-loop
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...=fruit%20loops
Old 23 May 2023, 05:24 (Ref:4157529)   #1122
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In the uk we let these "fruit loops" stage thier protests and then arrest anyone that tries to stop them, In france the police turn a blind eye as those annoyed by them deal with them in an appropriate manner, another thing i like about france.
Old 23 May 2023, 11:03 (Ref:4157546)   #1123
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will I need much cash or can most things at the track be bought on card?

Also what are food (and booze ) prices like? Expecting a bit of a premium but nothing like the horror stories about food prices at Miami GP!

Cheers
Old 23 May 2023, 11:29 (Ref:4157548)   #1124
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Card will be fine, always carry some cash. Prices are high but not crazy high for an event like this.
Old 23 May 2023, 11:33 (Ref:4157549)   #1125
Dominion
Rookie

Dominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDominion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
Will I need much cash or can most things at the track be bought on card?

Also what are food (and booze ) prices like? Expecting a bit of a premium but nothing like the horror stories about food prices at Miami GP!

Cheers
Card is accepted at all the main bars, food outlets and shops.

Last year was mostly €8 a beer, €6 in the members area. Sandwiches were €5-6 in the ACO bits too, can’t remember eating much outside there, maybe €6-8 for a tartiflette?
Closed Thread