Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2007, 10:46 (Ref:1913021)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans Legends Race 2007

We have traditionally covered this topic here rather than in Historics, so..........

Endurance-Info.com has published the Entry List for this year's Le Mans Legends Race. Timed practice is on the Thursday afternoon from 17:30 to 18:30 with the race starting at 10:15 on the Saturday morning.

Highlights; the 1959 Le Mans winning Aston Martin DBR1 will be driven by Dr.Ulrich Bez and Peter Hardman will be taking on the GT40's in this!

There are, of course, many other interesting and beautiful cars entered (61 in all) as you will see from the list.........
Old 14 May 2007, 12:12 (Ref:1913099)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That "thing" you refer to at "this" is beautiful ..... I dont think ive ever seen a thing like "this" before ..... should sound lovely .

How big was the engine ?

Always thought that a round of the Porsche supercup would be a nice wind up to the race as well .
Old 14 May 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1913104)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's worth being there just to see the P3 - swoon........
Old 14 May 2007, 13:20 (Ref:1913150)   #4
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We also got the official info here:
http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...=2664&Itemid=2 with a link to the motorracing legends (organizer) website which is worth a look
Old 14 May 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1913394)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 'Legends' race (or whatever it tends to be called) is a Godsend as it means I don't have so much difficulty these days rousing the other Tourists from their beds reasonably early on Saturday morning to get to the circuit!
Old 14 May 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1913397)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see Wizzo is out in two cars!

That is quite a collection of cars and there are some decent peddlers too.
Old 14 May 2007, 18:14 (Ref:1913398)   #7
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see the two DBR1s that finished 1st and 2nd in 1959 are going to be out.
Old 14 May 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1913403)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have broken my lurking curfew just to say that the fact there will be a P3 there has just caused my knees to buckle and I have hurt myself badly.

I look forward to seeing (and hearing!) it. Sadly, on MotorsTV.
Old 14 May 2007, 18:40 (Ref:1913414)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow a P3 fantastic, guess I will seeing it in the flesh in a few weeks time !!!
Old 14 May 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1913429)   #10
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
How big was the engine ?
About This big!
Old 14 May 2007, 23:32 (Ref:1913551)   #11
Roel_Ooms
Rookie

Roel_Ooms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's just hope Dr. Ulrich doesn't go Adrian Newey-style in the DBR1!

The list of cars is sooo sweet; Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Iso, Bizzarrini and the usual suspects but none the less great to watch and hear, AC, Ferrari, Ford. I cannot think of a better wake-up call for all you groggy snoozers along the track!
Old 15 May 2007, 06:48 (Ref:1913647)   #12
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, a truly wonderful entry. I am genuinely excited about this year's race unlike the museum cavalcade of the last two (no offence, but.....).
Old 15 May 2007, 07:32 (Ref:1913667)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I see Wizzo is out in two cars!

Having actually been driven to Le Mans by Whizzo (Classic - 2002), I always tend to look out for him. I was also delighted to see him on the 'extras' disc to the 'Grand Prix' dvd....
Old 15 May 2007, 08:13 (Ref:1913685)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jammy so and so!

My father was driven round Brands GP circuit by Whizzo in a XJ6 saloon. He was sat on a Lola T70 tail drifting it round corners.
Old 15 May 2007, 10:09 (Ref:1913763)   #15
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel_Ooms
Let's just hope Dr. Ulrich doesn't go Adrian Newey-style in the DBR1!

The list of cars is sooo sweet; Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Iso, Bizzarrini and the usual suspects but none the less great to watch and hear, AC, Ferrari, Ford. I cannot think of a better wake-up call for all you groggy snoozers along the track!
I agree its nice to see these cars and the sounds make the build up a little more intesting! Two of my favorites are the 1965 Le Mans Ford GT # 15 with Leo Voyazides at the wheel this car stated in 65 but broke it's gearbox, and Keith Ahlers in the Morgan, he's a "fair" Morgan peddler and will try to ring the best out of the car....
Old 16 May 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1914807)   #16
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is Whizzo?
Old 16 May 2007, 17:46 (Ref:1914821)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Barrie 'Whizzo' Williams

Whizzo - BRDC
Old 17 May 2007, 20:35 (Ref:1915613)   #18
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where will these guys paddock?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 18 May 2007, 05:58 (Ref:1915788)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They usualy put us at the back of the Village
Old 18 May 2007, 08:21 (Ref:1915840)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's certainly where I remember them in the past.
Old 18 May 2007, 09:21 (Ref:1915876)   #21
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Legends paddock is usually located in P7b-P7c (see the map)
Old 18 May 2007, 14:38 (Ref:1916096)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok, and now the more important question: what access will we punters have?

I'm from North America, I have high expectations! I get to touch the ALMS cars all the time.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 18 May 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1916100)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
To the legends cars? In the paddock, if you're lucky, plenty - and to some drivers too.

This was 2003 - some of the Tourists with our good friend Willie Green.

Old 18 May 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1916104)   #24
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've never had any trouble getting in to see the vintage cars in the past. In fact the people there are usually happy to see visitors. There's the occasional one that's blocked off and a couple that seem to always be covered, but in general it's all good. I go in and take pictures to send my vintage-racer dad and brother in Ontario: "Betcha don't see too many of THESE at VARAC meets!"

DISCLAIMER: I've never tried to get in there without my commissaire's pass on so maybe that changes something. I suspect not, though. Commissaires are a dime a dozen in that area -- the vintage paddock is next to the commissaires' shower block!

keke
Old 18 May 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1916108)   #25
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you can avoid the security and get into the actual paddock (both the historic and LM proper) then its not too bad.

Evading the security is part of the traditional Le Mans week, the guards enjoy it as much as we do.

They may have a set historic paddock walkabout time, maybe on the friday but its not certain and I would not get my hopes up too high.

Access to the paddock behind the paddock for the 24 hour cars is normally unrestricted but there is not normally much to see in it, much better to head round the front of the pits and see the cars in the garages.