Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 May 2007, 15:00 (Ref:1916114)   #26
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke
I've never had any trouble getting in to see the vintage cars in the past. In fact the people there are usually happy to see visitors. There's the occasional one that's blocked off and a couple that seem to always be covered, but in general it's all good. I go in and take pictures to send my vintage-racer dad and brother in Ontario: "Betcha don't see too many of THESE at VARAC meets!"
Off topic: Ah, but maybe this year. Check VARAC's site for details. There's going to be a large F1 contingent there...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 18 May 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1916136)   #27
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
as above
the only problem is sometimes to get inside the paddocks because of some Controleurs
Old 25 May 2007, 12:30 (Ref:1920996)   #28
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Austinspace75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think I put this question in the wrong thread so lets try again:

Does anyone know whether Radio Le Mans are covering the legends race properly this year? Last years race was brilliant but they've barely touched it which was a bit of a shame as the many spectators who made the effort, had alot of difficulty following it. I know it might be considered to 'get in the way' of the build up to the 24hrs, but it has become a regular and much enjoyed part of the weekend for many of us so it deserves some proper attention. The entry this year looks fabulous so it would be a good time start giving it full coverage.

Aysedasi, having read your thoroughly enjoyable write-ups you clearly have Mr. Truswell's number.... any chance you could put in a word regarding this? I expect that as an 'uber-enthusiast' Paul would agree and probably feels the same!
Old 25 May 2007, 16:08 (Ref:1921125)   #29
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinspace75
Think I put this question in the wrong thread so lets try again:

Does anyone know whether Radio Le Mans are covering the legends race properly this year? Last years race was brilliant but they've barely touched it which was a bit of a shame as the many spectators who made the effort, had alot of difficulty following it. I know it might be considered to 'get in the way' of the build up to the 24hrs, but it has become a regular and much enjoyed part of the weekend for many of us so it deserves some proper attention. The entry this year looks fabulous so it would be a good time start giving it full coverage.

Aysedasi, having read your thoroughly enjoyable write-ups you clearly have Mr. Truswell's number.... any chance you could put in a word regarding this? I expect that as an 'uber-enthusiast' Paul would agree and probably feels the same!
info@radiolemans.com

Drop Hindy and co and email. I agree it is a shame that the support race is not covered.

The more people that email them about it the better!
Old 25 May 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1921129)   #30
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
info@radiolemans.com

Drop Hindy and co and email. I agree it is a shame that the support race is not covered.

The more people that email them about it the better!
Email already sent
Old 25 May 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1921253)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll ask Paul as well. I owe him a reply to an email anyway.
Old 29 May 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1923594)   #32
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Just had a response from RLMs Hindy... and full coverage of the Legends race is a no-go by the looks of things. A number of commercial/licensing/funding issues have again put paid to it apparently.

How sad.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1931210)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is now definite.

I think there might have been some hopes of a degree of coverage, but my sources suggest even that is no longer possible.

Shame.