Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 17 Oct 2007, 07:29 (Ref:2042393)   #1
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brands Hatch Britcar night race

Hi.

Does anyone know what the britcar night race involves?

Is there such thing as a timetable anywhere? How much of a 'night race' is it?

Is there stuff happening in the day before the night race in the evening? If there is would we have to be there for a ridiculous number of hours?

Any other tips or advice would be very useful, thanks!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 07:58 (Ref:2042416)   #2
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm checking but I think the terminology should be "dark race" not "night race", I'm sure I've seen something to indicate that this runs up until the normal Brands curfew of 6.30pm.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 08:04 (Ref:2042417)   #3
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep confirmed, this runs up until the 6.30pm curfew only but presumably given the clocks will have changed it will be dark pretty early on. Hopefully it should make a good race with good grids.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 08:05 (Ref:2042418)   #4
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Staid, as Piglet suggests, it's a regular day's racing, it just happens at a time of year when it gets dark after about 4.30pm.
So it'll be sign on 7-8, on track at 9, regular winter day's racing. Then Britcars practice sometime after 4, 'cos they have to get practice in dark, then race 5-6.30pm.

No timetable currently available.
Simple really - so email Mildred now.

(Hope you can get a ticket in time )
Old 18 Oct 2007, 10:03 (Ref:2043398)   #5
brandspost4a
Racer

Scotland
Tunbridge Wells, KENT
brandspost4a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
I'm checking but I think the terminology should be "dark race" not "night race", I'm sure I've seen something to indicate that this runs up until the normal Brands curfew of 6.30pm.
When this race originally started a few years back it was labelled as "A Race into the Dark".

As Mr Bodysnaycher says it is a normal race day but finishes in the dark. Take a torch with you as it will be useful for walking back off post.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 11:09 (Ref:2043440)   #6
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll do the smart thing for Mr. Tuckers event: not show up.
Will be there the day after.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 11:48 (Ref:2043472)   #7
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
I'll do the smart thing for Mr. Tuckers event: not show up.
Will be there the day after.
It's an MSVR event with Britcar on the timetable along with other things - I've not seen a timetable yet so not sure what else is running...will try to find out
Old 18 Oct 2007, 17:11 (Ref:2043789)   #8
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
It's an MSVR event with Britcar on the timetable along with other things - I've not seen a timetable yet so not sure what else is running...will try to find out
I believe that the Lotus Elise Trophy, Ginetta Winter Series and Ginetta Junior Winter Series will feature during the day in addition to Britcar.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 19:47 (Ref:2043922)   #9
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame about the other races going on that day, but never a Britcar event for me again.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2044741)   #10
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can I just ask why Britcar is not well thought of?
Old 19 Oct 2007, 17:34 (Ref:2044771)   #11
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
I've seen a few this year...they are ok as long as they are not too long. There was a 2hr one earlier in the summer round the brands indy circuit...yawn. Even more boring than the V de Vs!
Old 19 Oct 2007, 18:10 (Ref:2044797)   #12
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
For me the answer is simple: always the same, "the man" has an entrylist of X cars and only half of them show up.
Because the drivers were not even planning to do the event.
I have heard more than one story of a driver pleading not to be listed in "the man's" entrylist. And I believe my friend, not "the man".
Old 21 Oct 2007, 20:04 (Ref:2046788)   #13
tubbylardo
Rookie

England
Gillingham, Medway
tubbylardo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's true - the 2hr Brit car race was so dull. 2hr of rubbish followed by 10min of utter genius in the form of the Motorsport News Saloon race.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 20:16 (Ref:2046803)   #14
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
I had enough experience of night racing last thing on saturday evening this weekend! Bloody fiestas!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 20:37 (Ref:2046838)   #15
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any other hardy souls "fruitloop" marshals that are planning on camping for this event?
Mr Robin_D (the current one armed bandit) has told me how much he enjoyed his last escapade to Brands & has convinced me to join him. Ok I mananged to get a weekend pass & convinced him that it would be a good idea.
I'm a bit worried that he'll suffer in the cold temperatures where as I know I'll be fine (think of how whales & seals keep warm & you'll get a mental picture for those who don't know me) camping out for two nights. I know alcohol lowers the temperature so that's a start.
I think we're going to be there Friday & Saturday night.If camping is allowed on Friday?? Rob don't worry bout the tent. I'll put it up. If not it's the car. Unless someone taking their caravan & has a floor
Any other suggestions greatly recieved. I'm away now (half term) so Rob's incharge of our logistics for this event
Old 21 Oct 2007, 21:24 (Ref:2046917)   #16
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could not agree more with Eddie,
Seldom in motor sport do you find an organiser setting out to con marshals and spectators by deliberately lying about entries for an event.
The man at the last event even listed Rod Birley as an entry, supposedly once Rod was aware the programmes were withdrawn. There were virtualy zero programmes on race day!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 14:34 (Ref:2055934)   #17
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Have tickets been sent out for this yet?
Also I've just read that there s no camping facilities this weekend for the "trucks". Is this the same case for this event? If so has anyone got any suggestions where Rob & I can camp then please? Is anyone else going down on the Friday evening? Will the bar be open?

Cheers Col
Old 31 Oct 2007, 15:37 (Ref:2055960)   #18
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be the usual camping behind the St Johns Ambulance area in Grey carpark... same as with any clubbie...
Old 31 Oct 2007, 15:41 (Ref:2055962)   #19
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Come on! You know we are thick!

Is that near the Kentagon?
Old 31 Oct 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2055966)   #20
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1400
There will be the usual camping behind the St Johns Ambulance area in Grey carpark... same as with any clubbie...

Thanks for that mini1400. Is it easy to find in the dark.
It's first visit to Brands.
Is that any restrictions as to access times? We going to arrive sometime Friday evening. Depends on how long it take to negoiate the car park, sorry
M25.
Any other adive more than welcome.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 16:26 (Ref:2055986)   #21
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy to find in the dark! Go in via the main gate, turn left just before the toilet block next to the Kart track & Kentagon and it's on the right... Just look out for the Orange transit camper & leave room next to it for my caravan

Normally you can get in any time on Friday eve...
Old 31 Oct 2007, 17:52 (Ref:2056092)   #22
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what the 'Victor Meldrew Trophy' is on Saturday's timetable:

https://tickets.motorsportvision.co....0Timetable.pdf

I mean, I can be as grumpy and belligerent as anyone - can I take part?

I don't believe it...
Old 12 Nov 2007, 22:50 (Ref:2066086)   #23
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Well we turned up early evening on Friday and stuck the bleedin' tent up.

Saturday was nice and quiet at post 8 and even the Ginetta juniors gave me a rest!
Saturday night was the Kentagon, with free drinks a plenty and some good laughs.
Woke on Sunday feeling worse for wear but a good brekkie certainly helped. Same post although it was slightly broken, circuit maintainence and everyone else found it funny and so did we until it rained.

Again quite quiet until the Elise's and VSR's started throwing themselves at us.

Great weekend and can't wait until next time!
Old 13 Nov 2007, 10:03 (Ref:2066333)   #24
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby

I'm surprised no one has made reference to the car not wanting to start after we "threw" the tent up.
Sunday morning was a sight for sore eyes. & there was plenty of sore heads as well. Think Rob & Chris had a bit of going on & needed some to stop them feeling a bit .
Thanks for the push guys. It started first time after the meeting
All the guys & girls that were in the Kentagon . Top top night.

Must say a big big thank you to Anita for orangising a trip round the track in the winners car. Cracking experience. Thanks.

Thanks for the drinks on Sat, they taste even better when someone else buys them, & everyone that I met, you're a cracking bunch & I certainly hope our paths cross again next year.

All the drivers for some cracking racing & entertainment.

All on post 23 for the help, info, history of Brands, advice, understanding & the great great laughs.

Rob cheers for the company mate & 2 of the biggest laughs of the meeting. Falling over & dropping your wallet on the post & cracking the concrete!!!!

Excellent organisation & well looked after. Will certainly aim to get back to Brands a few times next year.

Col
Old 16 Nov 2007, 10:22 (Ref:2068738)   #25
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was a very good meeting thansk to all on post 9 and to the trainees we had hope we did not scare you off and you come back now the question is col did you borrow robs magnet for the weekend with your fire and all