Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Feb 2001, 20:44 (Ref:62699)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The Minardi Formula One team, whose fate hung in the balance until Australian businessman Paul Stoddart bought them last week, have declared themselves ready for the new season.

"This year's car is finished and ready to go," Australian newspapers quoted Stoddart as saying on Monday.

"It looks lovely and there will be a very special feeling seeing it roll out on to the grid for the opening race in Melbourne (on March 4)."

Stoddart also said he would maintain the spirit and traditions of the team, who have many admirers despite winning just one point in the past five years.

"Minardi may not have enjoyed much success but they are one of the best-liked teams in the pit lane. It's a friendly, family team and I will not be doing anything to destroy the atmosphere," he said.

The team are expected to name their first driver on Tuesday and complete their line-up next week.
Old 5 Feb 2001, 22:39 (Ref:62736)   #2
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sure hope so, Mr A.

You hear so much of the business side of the sport these days, it's refreshing to hear the voice of enthusiasm, spirit and determination.

And by the sounds of it, Mr Stoddart has all three in abundance.

Go Minardi!
Old 5 Feb 2001, 23:18 (Ref:62744)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Enthusiasm, spirit and determination is all very well, but Minardi needs a decent engine. (sounds familiar ) and without that, they won't get on the grid in Melbourne. Most people, including Paul Stoddart, forget that a car can only get on the grid if it qualifies, not if you stuff a clapped out Fondmetal into the engine bay and roll it out in the pit lane, and hope to God that the timers are wrong. As much as I like Minardi, and I think this forum is definitely a Minardi loving forum, and as much as I have hoped and wished to see Minardi racing this year, in all honesty, I am losing faith.