Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 13 Jan 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1814544)   #301
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cherry
Checked your gallery, and I see at the moment you ruin the pics with a watermark across them. Will you be making them available freely to the guys in the DTRC ( as www.adrenalinphotography.com did last year ), or will we have to pay to see unmolested pictures - A step backwards I think !
now now alan thats no way to speak to the new oficial photographer of the dtrc is it
Old 13 Jan 2007, 22:06 (Ref:1814545)   #302
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every one seems very quiet about there cars,are there any big development for the new season.My one is much the same as last season,but with all the panels straight,to start with that is.
Went to the show,plenty of bling,was looking at trailers,ended up buying a Tig welder,promptly had the membr of my group tell me that he bought one from china for an eigth of the price I paid,it also blew up,twice,is still practising with it,should get mine on Tuesday,took him 3 months to get his.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 13 Jan 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1814547)   #303
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
now now alan thats no way to speak to the new oficial photographer of the dtrc is it
A reasonable question though !
Old 13 Jan 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1814548)   #304
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
Quote:
A reasonable question though !
mans got to earn a living my friend
Old 13 Jan 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1814549)   #305
Marky
Racer

United Kingdom
,Kent
Marky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alain you cant expect them to give out free pictures
thats like going in to a tesco and asking for food for free
Old 13 Jan 2007, 22:10 (Ref:1814551)   #306
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Checked your gallery, and I see at the moment you ruin the pics with a watermark across them. Will you be making them available freely to the guys in the DTRC ( as www.adrenalinphotography.com did last year ), or will we have to pay to see unmolested pictures - A step backwards I think !
I will be keeping the watermark Alan. Mainly because the images are my copyright. They aren't there to be given away for free although I have done so on occasion to those who carry my logo.

I don't get paid for attending race meetings so unless I either sell images to magazines or to you guys I end up out of pocket. I do have media accreditation which isn't easy to come by and with no offence to the address above, this accreditation does give me the opportunity to take a different level of photo as I'm not constrained by being confined to 1 location.

Whilst it is my passion and good fortune to be able to take these photos, I won't be giving them away for free.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 22:10 (Ref:1814552)   #307
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky
did someone say free food now thats my type of food
Old 13 Jan 2007, 22:24 (Ref:1814561)   #308
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Graham,cannot find the new regs for DTRC,am right my Fiesta is still in class E!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 13 Jan 2007, 23:06 (Ref:1814578)   #309
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky
Very much depends on if you're paying to drive the food pictured on the box they're selling.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1814794)   #310
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
barry barnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
as for the the spuds and the mould there still there as well as some resident mice in the engine bay . but i have set myself a year to get the car on track so wish me luck (funds permitting)
You can keep the mice, must have been a family my cat missed - it got all the others, all fat round things full of bird seed and nuts. Could have been kept for -BQ in summer !

How are the DVD's coming along ? give me a ring as soon as.

Old 14 Jan 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1814801)   #311
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
Every one seems very quiet about there cars,are there any big development for the new season.
So far there are 2 of us Eric, the others are shy me thinks - forgot to mention in my last post but one was that if the Toy does not sell then the Clio can go instead - less work for me which would be more sensible for my current circumstances.

Old 14 Jan 2007, 15:20 (Ref:1814918)   #312
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry barnes
You can keep the mice, must have been a family my cat missed - it got all the others, all fat round things full of bird seed and nuts. Could have been kept for -BQ in summer !

How are the DVD's coming along ? give me a ring as soon as.

Talking of bird seed,my new Alsation ate a 2 kilo bag of grass seed late last summer.I have the greenest lawn I have ever had through the winter months
and am thinking of feeding him the same in the spring.If I can take him to Brands we will end up with the greenest run off areas imaginable,do you think JP will let us let him loose,after he has been to Sue's fo poofing up.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 15:23 (Ref:1814921)   #313
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
did someone say free food now thats my type of food
There's a farm shop down the road that does Free Range Eggs.

I know what Chicken's eggs are like, but what are Range Eggs? Can't be very good if they're free though.

Old 14 Jan 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1815003)   #314
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
[quote=Eric Falce]Talking of bird seed,my new Alsation ate a 2 kilo bag of grass seed late last summer.I have the greenest lawn I have ever had through the winter months

will have to try feeding my dogs grass seed they have totally destroyed my lawn up

Last edited by jaysalv; 14 Jan 2007 at 17:15.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 17:14 (Ref:1815007)   #315
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
has far as im aware barry the dvds might still be being done i will speak to marky and ask him .

unfortunatly the mice are no longer with us they have since
passed
Old 14 Jan 2007, 19:41 (Ref:1815131)   #316
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
Every one seems very quiet about there cars,are there any big development for the new season.
The megane has had a bit of panel straightening to put it back to pre brands state and a new fuel tank to get rid of the year long fuel starvation problems. I am also trying to get the motec to fit instead of the bhp strangling marelli ecu without much luck as the powers that be at renault sport are not realy interested in a 8 year old race car that they had built ! Any how we wil get it sorted for the first meeting ready and rairing to go for a full year of fun with the best bunch of racers i have come across in the best championsip in the uk..
Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:18 (Ref:1815217)   #317
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have it reliably (again!) that Jon Mann will be out (finally) with the former Bill Shepherd Vauxhall Calibra Thundersaloon (the first/original Pilbeam built one)

I, on the other hand, will be out as and when time/commitments allow. And in what? Could be Harry, might be his apprentice.....
Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1815222)   #318
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
would be good to see harry out again hows he doing ?whats the latest news for team dangerous
Old 15 Jan 2007, 00:08 (Ref:1815342)   #319
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
I have it reliably (again!) that Jon Mann will be out (finally) with the former Bill Shepherd Vauxhall Calibra Thundersaloon (the first/original Pilbeam built one)
Chassis was brilliant but Bill did have big reliability problems - very quick motor car though.

Old 15 Jan 2007, 06:48 (Ref:1815493)   #320
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Jon's making the car "more conventional" with engine/gearbox/axle, rather than the engine/transaxle route that Bill used.

The strange thing is, the mk2 car, which the built themselves (and Ric Wood has) was the better car. I guess they managed to sort out the problems that the original had.

The latest news from Team Dangerous is that this year, I shall mostly be turning left (and at Rockingham).

It's down to time, commitments, and loot as to whether I'll be out in the DTRC. Harry needs a new fuel tank, so that's a grand and a bit out of the budget before we start (proper ATL fuel cell, with dry-break connections), plus the engine work (cracked head) that needs sorting, with the wibbly wobbly front end.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 08:27 (Ref:1815529)   #321
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Cracked head now Rob, you have had no luck with that project, I feel for you, no wonder you want to give it a rest for a while.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1815847)   #322
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
barry barnes just wondering if you still wanted to get rid of one of the racing seats that were in your clio . you mentined when i picked the golf up that you may get rid of it if so how much ..many thanks
Old 15 Jan 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1815985)   #323
barry barnes
Racer

England
West Kingsdown, Kent
Quote:
barry barnes just wondering if you still wanted to get rid of one of the racing seats that were in your clio . you mentined when i picked the golf up that you may get rid of it if so how much ..many thanks
Can do , give me a ring

Old 15 Jan 2007, 21:37 (Ref:1816011)   #324
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Cracked head now Rob, you have had no luck with that project, I feel for you, no wonder you want to give it a rest for a while.
When they put the last nail in the box, then I'll have a rest!

The crack in the head has been suspect for some time. The x-rays taken when I first got the engine were inconclusive - it looked more like a casting flaw, or mark, rather than a crack. Though later investigations have shown that it was most likely a crack, and we may have got away with it. Alas, being an alloy head, and a Busch/Craftsman spec CNC job, there isnt a lot of meat there, an a tiny bit of flex lets combustion gases into the water jacket, thus pressurising it, and aerosols!...the water's all spashed on Eddy-V's clipboard!

The I have been advised of a solution for the a-arms on the struts, which won't affect the roll centres that some "fixes" could leave screwed up.

I have a little paintwork to sort for the ASCAR, then I'm onto Harry again.

Providing too much paying work doesn't get in the way!!!! (I've been threatened with a heap of work in Cumbria, blimey, that far north and my nose will bleed!)

Rob.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1816012)   #325
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't worry Rob, the clipboard is almost dry.