Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3084603)   #1
RallyDriverPL
Rookie

Poland
RallyDriverPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a Le Mans virgin - help me with my first time

Hi guys !
I'm new, so excuse me if I chose the wrong thread

I bought LeMans 24h tickets. Exactly it's "ENCEINTE GENERALE SEMAINE, valable du 10 au 17 juin 2012". So, it's whole week general entrance for 69eur.

My questions to all of you are:
1) where is my access area ? Everywhere excluding seating positions ?
2) Is Mulsanne and Arnage included in my ticket or not ?
3) I do not bought camp ticket (my fault). Can I buy it beeing on the circuit or this will be too late ? What you suggest to do now ?
4) Is there any chance to make camp for one tent outside the circuit on someones land/yard ?
5) What are the main things that I should take? (tickets - checked )

Best wishes to any who respond on my post.

Thanks !
Old 3 Jun 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3084655)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You deserve your own thread, although have a look around there are plenty of helpful threads.

1. Here is the circuit info:
http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...ents_3782.html
It includes maps.

2. Yes. You can get there by car, walk (wastes too much time), or get a bus.

3. You may be able to get one at the circuit. I bought parking late, but don't know about camping. There is a circuit office selling tickets near Parc Expo.

4. You probably would need to book beforehand for this. You may be able to persuade someone, too risky IMHO.

5. There are a couple of thread on that. One was the one about new things people are taking whee you originally posted this
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131413
And there is a what not to take
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ight=Inventory
Old 3 Jun 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3084676)   #3
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
First off, welcome to the world's leading Sportscarforum Adam43 !

If you're looking for a campsite ticket, we still have a few leftovers from people in our party who can't make it. You can have one for face value (€60,-(this might even go down further the closer we get to the race )) and you'd then be our neighbour! We're an experienced group consisting of mostly dutch, some brits and a few germans. A nice group of partyminded people of whom some have attended this fantastic race for more then 15 years.

The campsitetickets are for 'Expo'. This is quite a small site, but very close to the tracks main entrane, the museum and 'The Village'.

Oh, and at the risk of being reprimanded for directing you to another site, here's the best 'what to bring' list: http://beermountain.com/index.php?pa...o-leave-behind

Last edited by GTfour; 3 Jun 2012 at 19:32.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3084693)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 3 Jun 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3084694)   #5
RallyDriverPL
Rookie

Poland
Adam43 is a veteran here, so I think it was about me

@ Adam43 - Thanks man. That's what I asked for.

Last edited by RallyDriverPL; 3 Jun 2012 at 19:59.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3084700)   #6
RallyDriverPL
Rookie

Poland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
If you're looking for a campsite ticket, we still have a few leftovers from people in our party who can't make it. You can have one for face value (€60,-(this might even go down further the closer we get to the race )) and you'd then be our neighbour! We're an experienced group consisting of mostly dutch, some brits and a few germans. A nice group of partyminded people of whom some have attended this fantastic race for more then 15 years.
I'm interested in this. Just sending you PM.

Ok, PM already sent. Waiting on your reply.

Last edited by RallyDriverPL; 3 Jun 2012 at 19:57.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3084705)   #7
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Oops !

Sometimes I even amaze myself what kind of a daft p..... I can be...

Sorry for that Adam.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3084707)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
No problem
Old 4 Jun 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3084930)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
There are loads of camping tickets around on various other forums and on Ebay, there are many types of campsites varying from basic, beausjour, darion to those prganised and run by agents, and the campsites for party people like houx annex.
The best campsites are very hard to get hold of often selling out after the previous years race, but this year even those seem to be available on ebay/forums. For serious race fans Maison Blanche and tertre rouge are the most in demand but you get to camp beside the track with serious fans
Old 4 Jun 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3084946)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You used to be able to get away with pitching a small tent in the garage rouge. We always used to to use rouge. On arrival we'd have to go where the marshals directed us, but when they weren't looking we'd move out of line and go down to the bottom near the road and park and pitch there. (Not that I ever slept in the tent!). I don't know if you can still get away with that. Obviously, you'll need a car park ticket.....
Old 4 Jun 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3085292)   #11
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
No worries here lads, these two newbies will be under our wings, joining our camp at Expo. Nice. It's allways great to see firsttimers being blown away by the majesty of the place.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3085331)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Marvelous - well done!
Old 5 Jun 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3085708)   #13
Alexander Matveev
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
Alexander Matveev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, guys!

After a year and a half presence at this forum I have finally decided to take part in discussion going on.

Since this is a thread that can now be described as a rookie guide, possibly a good place to ask questions.

This will not be my first Le Mans, but at the same time, second visit is not a thing that makes you a pro, so... I took lots of pictures in 2010 during my first visit, but due to not having a paddock access tickets and very limited stay (arrived on Friday and got to the track for the first time on Saturday during morning warmup) I had no chance to shoot the cars from any good spots. Also, been learning the track, the surroundings etc., so had no idea about the best spots for taking pictures. After trying many locations I stopped in the Esses where I could access the first line fence and be pretty close to the track to not have any obstacles in my camera's line of sight. But! Most of my pictures among those which turned out to be more or less decent look very similar because of the same location I took them from. So, from your experience, are there any other good spots for camera shooting on the track? (With a Nikkor AF-S 18-105 lens). Would be pity to make a long trip from Moscow and then find no good spot

Also, on practice, is there any way to take pics during authograph session and pitwalk or the crowd would be too big? No paddock access tix this time as well.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. Surprised that Mulsanne/Arnage requires to additional ticket. I thought there was a separate one on offer at lemans.org ticket office?
Old 5 Jun 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3085892)   #14
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Matveev View Post
Hello, guys!

P.S. Surprised that Mulsanne/Arnage requires to additional ticket. I thought there was a separate one on offer at lemans.org ticket office?
? That's news to me. As far as I know, one can enjoy all spectator area's on the general entrance ticket ?

B.t.w. Welcome to the best sportscar forum in the world, Alexander Matveev !
Old 5 Jun 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3085895)   #15
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just watching the racing: General Entrance Ticket

Camping: additional camping ticket required!

Parking: at Mulsanne and Arnage also a parking ticket is required!
Old 5 Jun 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3085904)   #16
Alexander Matveev
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
Thank you, GTfour, vincegail!

Probably the Arnage/Mulsanne ticket I am speaking of provides an access to Arnage and Mulsanne only, while GE welcomes us in all spectator areas?

Here is a ticket sales page with it featured: LINK
Old 6 Jun 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3086118)   #17
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Matveev View Post
Probably the Arnage/Mulsanne ticket I am speaking of provides an access to Arnage and Mulsanne only, while GE welcomes us in all spectator areas?

Here is a ticket sales page with it featured: LINK
Correct Alexander. With a general ticket you can spectate everywhere, including at Arnage and Mulsanne.

The Arnage and Mulsanne ticket only gets you access to those two areas.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3086163)   #18
Alexander Matveev
Rookie

Russian Federation
Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Correct Alexander. With a general ticket you can spectate everywhere, including at Arnage and Mulsanne.

The Arnage and Mulsanne ticket only gets you access to those two areas.
Thank you for clarification, Simmi!
Old 6 Jun 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3086579)   #19
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Just watching the racing: General Entrance Ticket

Camping: additional camping ticket required!

Parking: at Mulsanne and Arnage also a parking ticket is required!
Mmh. There was talk of this last year but I haven't had to buy any additional parking tickets for Arnage or Mulsanne. Will the ACO try this new rip off this year then?
Old 6 Jun 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3086588)   #20
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Yes. Actually, I bought a ticket already for 9 euros.

Edit: but I also read (don't remember where) that there will also be free parking spaces available further away from Arnage/Mulsanne.
But this information is not guaranteed!
Old 7 Jun 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3087156)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You may get into Arnage and Mulsanne parking without a ticket, but you'll be half a mile down the road in one of the many overspill car parks.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3096502)   #22
RallyDriverPL
Rookie

Poland
Hey guys,
I was pleased to meet you.

Thanks for Tent and campsite space. With GTfour help, come to Le Mans was much easier !
Once again for help !!!

24h Le Mans is great thing, but I prefer my own Track Days than watching spectators and from time to time great looking bolide on track.

Point of view is very narrow and even my camera was too slow to get proper photo
But my bro tried his best and finally we got some few best shots to show other people

Like they say - there are plenty things you need to do in your life. 24h Le Mans checked as a spectator, done
Old 23 Jun 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3096762)   #23
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
The pleasure was mine. Hope you lads enjoyed your stay.