Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Mar 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3225602)   #1
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Google Streetview

When you search for Laguna Seca and use the streetviewoption on the track, the camera-car drives between ALMS cars from a few years ago. Cool!
Old 27 Mar 2013, 15:26 (Ref:3225604)   #2
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...88#post2956888
Old 27 Mar 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3225606)   #3
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
When you search for Laguna Seca and use the streetviewoption on the track, the camera-car drives between ALMS cars from a few years ago. Cool!
I spy a Acura ARX-01b and an Audi R10 on the front straight...

One Martin Spetz too...
Old 27 Mar 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3225740)   #4
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now all we need is a time travel machine.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3225797)   #5
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I think it is the sort of the special location in the Street View like some national parks etc. are.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 05:18 (Ref:3225862)   #6
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oddly enough, if I move the cursor from pitlane to the front straight the R10 and ARX are suddenly onto the front straight (with the Corvette, Flying Lizard Porsche and another proto ahead looking towards Turn 1).

My hunch is that this was taken from a safety car during the 2008 Laguna Seca race. The GT cars are moving away from the camera/safety car (you can tell by moving the streetview cursor forward). I also see one of the safety trucks coming out of the Andretti hairpin (when the cursor is right before it).
Old 28 Mar 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3225863)   #7
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Oddly enough, if I move the cursor from pitlane to the front straight the R10 and ARX are suddenly onto the front straight (with the Corvette, Flying Lizard Porsche and another proto ahead looking towards Turn 1).

My hunch is that this was taken from a safety car during the 2008 Laguna Seca race
Far too many cars are in the pits with lots of mechanics around, it's shot probably during a break in practice sessions.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3225925)   #8
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

My hunch is that this was taken from a safety car during the 2008 Laguna Seca race. The GT cars are moving away from the camera/safety car (you can tell by moving the streetview cursor forward). I also see one of the safety trucks coming out of the Andretti hairpin (when the cursor is right before it).
It's a practice session: (photographer) Spetz is on pitlane, at the pitlane wall, and isn't in a fire suit.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3226072)   #9
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I vaguely remember that it was done during a few demo laps that were run specifically for that purpose. The cars were following the Street View car around the circuit.
Old 31 Mar 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3227231)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I spy a Penske Porsche at Road ATL on Google Street view:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Road+A...id=po-18664656
Time for an update?
Old 31 Mar 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3227256)   #11
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
That's not the same thing, it's just a photo that has been then "placed" in the map.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3258145)   #12
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just noticed one can "drive" Circuit Zandvoort as well as "walk" the trail on the perimeter of the circuit using Google streetview. Apologies if anyone has pointed this out before. Quick, grab a stop-watch and see how quickly you can do a lap!!
Old 6 Jun 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3258608)   #13
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Laguna Seca, at the outside of turn 9 (Cork Screw View Camping), that's us standing between the two white EZ-UPs and the trailer. It was just the "regular" street view camera car cruising around for a lap. Our RV space is the one in the same view at far right with the truck/camper and tent. The two white EZ-UPs are OtisDog's RV space.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3258677)   #14
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just discovered that on my up and coming holiday I'll be driving very close to Laguna Seca so we're going to pay it a visit, think I'll be there 2 weeks tomorrow.

It looks like there is the SCCA Double Regional Races on when were there so hopefully we some cars on the track even if it's just practice
Old 6 Jun 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3258738)   #15
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkNaked View Post
At Laguna Seca, at the outside of turn 9 (Cork Screw View Camping), that's us standing between the two white EZ-UPs and the trailer. It was just the "regular" street view camera car cruising around for a lap. Our RV space is the one in the same view at far right with the truck/camper and tent. The two white EZ-UPs are OtisDog's RV space.
Where the hell was I??? Did GTP pick up a space fro Grand Am in Sept?
Old 7 Jun 2013, 00:07 (Ref:3258763)   #16
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3.14 View Post
I just noticed one can "drive" Circuit Zandvoort as well as "walk" the trail on the perimeter of the circuit using Google streetview. Apologies if anyone has pointed this out before. Quick, grab a stop-watch and see how quickly you can do a lap!!
You can do the same at Monza, Vallelunga, Misano, Silverstone (with some interesting cars on track, including a GT Academy Nissan GT-R), Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Suzuka, Fuji (where on the grid is Round 6 of the 2011 Super GT season), Motegi, Autopolis (with some sort of sports car race about to start), Bathurst, and maybe others. Plus it's possible to retrace most street circuits in streetview, including Montjuic and Guia.