Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 11 Oct 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1735226)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Corvus Motorplex

This looks complicated but its 4 road course layouts all anticlockwise, a 1 mile oval and a ¼ mile drag strip, all in the one complex.

The ¼ mile Drag strip is self explanatory, with a control building behind the start.

The 1 mile Oval, is a relatively flat circuit, the straights are just over a quarter of a mile long.

The Short Road course (1.3miles ~ 2.1km):

From the S/F, the track gently climbs up into a 90 degree left handed T1, on exit the track splits with the cars taking the kink to the right (T2), which unsettles the car as they run sharply up hill towards an open Hairpin. T3 Has the up hill approach, but levels on the apex, and exits with no gradient. From T3 the track starts to gently drop down hill, the track splits with the cars taking the left hand option….This is effectively straight on. T4 is an open 90 degree right hander, which leads onto a long straight where the ground levels off. T5 and T6 form a 90 right, open left chicane which leads onto a short straight that gently climbs before the final turn the T7 Hairpin. T7 has a gentle up hill entry and exit, where it continues up to the S/F line.

The 1st Medium Road Course (2.23miles ~ 3.7km):

From the S/F, the track gently climbs up into a 90 degree left handed T1, on exit the track splits with the cars taking the Left option…that is along a short straight before entering the T2, T3, T4 complex of esses each with an larger radius than the previous. The esses gently climb as they go. T4 Exits parallel to the drag strip and continues towards T5 an open right hander with a short straight across the drag strip run off before a slightly tighter T6. This is another right hander that brings the track back onto another long straight that runs parallel with the drag strip. T7 is a relatively fast open right hander, behind the control building of the drag strip and leads through a very gentle down hill curve to where it rejoins the short circuit and completes the short circuit lap.

The 2nd Medium Road Course (2.13 ~ 3.4km):

This circuit follows turns 1, 2 and 3 of the Short course, until the circuit splits. At this point the circuit takes the kink to the right which continues downhill to Turns 4 and 5, a 90 degree right, and more open left. The exit from T5 leads through a tunnel into the oval infield. T6 is an open 90 degree right hander that leads through T7 a left flick which takes the cars onto the oval. T8 and T9 in true oval style are infact a single 180 degree corner. T10 is a left flick which brings the cars off the oval back into the infield straight into T11, an open hairpin. From T11 the circuit, has a short straight, before the T12 right hand kink and through another tunnel to exit the Oval section. The circuit climbs gently from the tunnel, through T13 and T14 a 90 right and open left hairpin before rejoining the previous circuits for the final T15 hairpin.

The Long Road Course (3.1miles ~ 4.95km):

The long road course utilises the first section of the 1st medium circuit, incorporating the section around the drag strip down to where the circuit splits. It then takes the right hand option, and follows the latter part of the 2nd medium course incorporating the oval section, through to the finish line. Making the lap 20 corners.

Comments and edits are welcome as always….distances are probably a bit short, but were done on scale with the ¼ mile drag strip.
Oh and I know I haven’t marked in a pitlane for the oval….call it artistic licence
Attached Thumbnails
Corvus.jpg  
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:42 (Ref:1735382)   #2
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it this is the type of racing complex that we need over here on the East Coast
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1736376)   #3
kivipallur92
Racer

Estonia
kivipallur92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done , great track.
Old 13 Oct 2006, 07:36 (Ref:1736846)   #4
cosmicpanda
Rookie

cosmicpanda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It reminds me of Motegi or Bahrain - very stop-start. Perhaps some parts could be edited to make it more flowing and fun to drive.

However, it would probably provide good racing for all motorsport
Old 13 Oct 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1736954)   #5
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the way that the roval is done. Great track
Old 13 Oct 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1736982)   #6
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baritone2400
I like it this is the type of racing complex that we need over here on the East Coast
Isn't Pacific Raceway near Seattle getting a major overhaul? Or is that a bit too far north to be considered 'East Coast'?
Old 13 Oct 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1737214)   #7
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lustig, i'd say Seattle is on the west coast .
Old 13 Oct 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1737219)   #8
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D'oh!
Old 13 Oct 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1737451)   #9
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't worry, Lustigson. We all make mistakes. I sometimes make mistakes constantly! lol
Old 13 Oct 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1737458)   #10
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
It reminds me of Motegi or Bahrain - very stop-start. Perhaps some parts could be edited to make it more flowing and fun to drive.

However, it would probably provide good racing for all motorsport
I didn't have anywhere in mind when I designed the circuit.
The only resemblence to Motegi is the fact the the track uses the oval infield. Corvus allows the banking to be used where as Motegi doesn't.

What edits would you make?