Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 22 Mar 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1557752)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Timetable for Snetterton 1/2nd April not very user friendly.

Is it me just being a moany old git but after an 8 year layoff it seems things have changed a fair bit and in my opinion for the worse.

I have just seen the BARC timetable for the CTRCC Post Historic round which I have entered and to be quite frank if I had seen it before I would probably have given it a miss.

It is one of the new Dunlop Great & British (????) rounds but to my eyes does not look that great or that British a meeting with long (IMHO boring to watch sorry guys) races for Radicals, kids in Ginnettas and Minis but that aside what has really peed me off is the fact we have to sign on at 10.55 on the Saturday, qualify at 12.25 then sit around for no less than best part of 24 hours to get the racers short straw, a before lunch race at 11.55am on the Sunday.

Now I don't know about anyone else but that wrecks my weekend and I have to either go home (a round trip of 200 odd miles) or find expensive accomadation and if I stay what on earth am I going to do for 24 ruddy hours?

This in my opinion is just not on and just makes club motorsport all the dearer, maybe time to go back into retirement if this is what it is all about now as I for one don't like it.

PS: One other thing this will mean I will not be able to get help for the meeting as us amatuers have to rely on mates to spanner and help us on the day and none of my friends can get away for a whole weekend for a 15 minute race.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1557831)   #2
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry

I didn't realise the entry forms were out. I haven't received mine yet but it sounds like I'll be giving this one a miss as it would only be worth going if it was a double header with a race on each day or single race with a same-day practice.

Scott
Dolomite Sprint #86, 2006 CTCRC Post Historic CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1557855)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
They are not out yet, I just looked at the time table on the BARC site. I agree not as bad if a double header even though I dont like those, but this really is the worst of both worlds, just what are they thinking, I may have to cancel my entry as I just cannot do it without help and am not going to pay accomadation for me and helpers even if they could get away for the weekend as they have home lives as well and I aint a millionaire.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1557863)   #4
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Do you know the scheduled PHTC race time for Silverstone on Sunday Al? I haven't had my tickets and stuff through as it was a late entry.

I'm going to save myself for the Snett race later in the year.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1557868)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsreunited
Do you know the scheduled PHTC race time for Silverstone on Sunday Al? I haven't had my tickets and stuff through as it was a late entry.

I'm going to save myself for the Snett race later in the year.
Just got this from CTRCC Hot news

TIMETABLE Approx
Race Sign on Scrutineering Practice Race Time
1. CTC Group 1 15min 07.15 07.30-08.00 09.00-09.15 13.15

2. Monoposto Cl.A 15min 07. 50 08 .00-08.25 09.25-09.40 13.45

3. MG Cl A + F 15min 08.10 08.25-08.55 09.50-10.05 14.10

4. CTC Post Historic 15min 08.30 08.55-09.25 10.15-10.30 14.35

5. Monoposto Cl.BCDE 15min 09.00 09.25-09.50 10.40-10.55 15.00

Church Bells 10.55-11.10

6. CTC Thunder 20min 09.25 09.50-10.15 11.10-11.25 15.25

7. MGOC Cl B +Z 15min 09.45 10.15-10.40 11. 35.11.50 16.00

8. Sports Racing & GT 15min 10.10 10.40-11.05 12.00-12.15 16.25

9. CTC Thunder 2 20min 16.50

I tell you I am a bit annoyed about all this as I would have entered Silverstone but I cannot do two meetings on the trot in one car becasue if I have probelms I won't be able to fix it in time (have to work for a living unfortunately and do my own prep single handedly) so I decided to do Snetterton, I was going to do Classic Thunder at Silverstone in my Black car then Snett in the yellow car but then they made the CT a double header all on one day and I didn't want to do that so there you go I won't be doing any of them now.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1557890)   #6
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
I sensed the annoyance in your tone Al. Is it worth trying to get a late entry at Sunbac? Mine didn't arrive with them until yesterday I believe.

If not, I hope to meet you at Mallory. If I lived closer, I would have come to help blow your tyres up for you at Snett!

Scott
Old 23 Mar 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1558063)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Not an option unfortunately Scott as I only applied for my licence on the 14th and won't have it back in time, best made plans of Mice & Men and all that! Never mind I will be out at Thruxton the numero uno Camaro track, just gotta decide which car to enter. :-)
Old 23 Mar 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1558252)   #8
David J Howard
Rookie

England
Newbury Berkshire
David J Howard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're quite right...

I think you're quite right Alan...You are becoming a moany old git !!!
See you on the grid at Snetterton !!!! David..
Old 23 Mar 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1558273)   #9
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say this type of thing is annoying. It happened to the TRC last season and they weren't best pleased about it. I know organising timetables can be a bit of a nightmare but surely they can avoid things like this?!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 10:50 (Ref:1558278)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ah David the main man great to see you on here and welcome. If anyone has not seen this guy hurtling around in his big old XJ6 you are missing a treat.

Well I was gonna cancel this morning but sod it your appearance has convinced me so I will see ya there, I will be on my own probably as i can't see anyone wanting to stay over for all that time so if anyone can give me hand strapping in or what ever I will be most obliged.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1558656)   #11
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Ah David the main man great to see you on here and welcome. If anyone has not seen this guy hurtling around in his big old XJ6 you are missing a treat.
Wonderful news Al, glad you can make the effort. I think we all agree with you on timetabling issues, but BARC set them and to be fair to them I'd imagine there are constraints due to the type of meeting we're being put into.

As for David, it is indeed splendid he's here, but it's not an XJ6 he drives, it's an XJ12. I can understand your confusion since it goes like an XJ6 most of the time however..!

;-)

Stacy
Old 23 Mar 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1558684)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Of course it is a V12 sorry I forgot they made any engines with more cylinders than 8

To make it all a bit more worth while I have also entered for the Pre -83 now as well (I promise I will try to stay out your way Stacy) only thing is BARC asked me if I was regisitered with you for that and I thought I was but on second thoughts may not be so I will email my request to the club.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1558692)   #13
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To make it all a bit more worth while I have also entered for the Pre -83 now as well (I promise I will try to stay out your way Stacy) only thing is BARC asked me if I was regisitered with you for that and I thought I was but on second thoughts may not be so I will email my request to the club.
I'm sure Chris Bright will sort you out.

As for me I don't think I'll make Snetterton which is a pain, my RX7 and crates are currently in a container in Cheshire as my prep man is moving to new premises.

At home we're having a garage extension so the other cars are at my rented barn (chicken shed). Of those the MK1 GTi race car needs engine work, so I can't even wheel my old one out. I'm a bit stuffed till the building work is completed.

I'll have the car ferried down for Thruxton though with a bit of luck.

Stacy
Old 23 Mar 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1558739)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
See you at the mighty Thruxton then Stacy.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1559518)   #15
David J Howard
Rookie

England
Newbury Berkshire

Crikey..We'll have the whole grid on here if we carry on like this..

Looking forward to seeing you out there Alan..Certainly happy to help if needed..

unt Stacy ..I was quite enjoying the 6 Cylinder bit you bugger !!

Bythe way I seem to have 2 Identities on Ten Tenths David Howard and David J Howard... will try to sort it
Old 24 Mar 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1559533)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks David appeciate that, see you there I had to make up the grids anyhow to help with your points tally (more cars in class lining up, more points for the winner to those who don't know) because we can't have them tiddlers winning the championship again can we, it should go to the man out the front!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1562390)   #17
David J Howard
Rookie

England
Newbury Berkshire
Quite right again Alan

Yes ..I wonder what happened to Mr Edwards this year...Perhaps he couldn't track down a 70's Chevvy sales catalogue showing IRS as an option !!!!!!!!
See you at Snet. David...
Old 27 Mar 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1562393)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats too cryptic for me David fill me in on Saturday.

Hopefully I will have some help at least on the Sunday so not all bad.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1562634)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just got me final instructions through for Snett and don't seem to be down for the pre 83's (I'll phone BARC tomorrow) but I see that the Play Station2 Ginnettas have just one entry, what is that all about?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1562698)   #20
Dex
Racer

Dex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It was going pretty nicely at Silverstone yesterday (sunday 26th)

Click thumbnail for full size Picture

and it sounded as good as it looks!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1562707)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Nice picture Dex and welcome to 10/10ths, are you at Snetterton with the camera?

Hey just noticed David has got away without wearing those huge club roundals which I want to do on my black car when I bring it out later in the year, whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander don't they say?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1562718)   #22
Dex
Racer

Dex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Al, bit of a strange first (well second) post i know!

thanks for the welcome. I should be following most if not all of Group One this year.

I followed Keith Smith through stock hatch last year (red mk1 golf) and now this year he's in the Silver Left-hooker Mk1 so I'll be following him round. There's more shots of him on www.keith.grone.co.uk as I take most/all his publicity shots, also some more general motorsports shots on my new site - www.focalcapture.co.uk
Old 27 Mar 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1562730)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Nice site I look forward to meeting you.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:31 (Ref:1562783)   #24
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, hope you lot are going to keep us marshals entertained! Be good to see "proper" saloon racing cars! Rear wheel drive , so back end out!! Especially if wet liek local forecast was suggesting tonight!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1562821)   #25
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be at Snetterton on Sunday, anywhere I can get access to a timetable, so I can plan my photography movements? Cheers.