Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2022, 12:02 (Ref:4119712)   #526
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Louw says himself in the interview that the abuse was the cause of the "tardiness", so it doesn't look like any investigation is necessary.

Also I fully expect this guy will now be offered a job with another team. Good ploy.
So, you just accept everything without investigating? Really?

And I don’t he’s ever been their employee. He was subbing. And wasn’t it other subbies (wrongly, obviously) doing the abusing?
Old 17 Jul 2022, 14:57 (Ref:4119720)   #527
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Louw says himself in the interview that the abuse was the cause of the "tardiness", so it doesn't look like any investigation is necessary.

Also I fully expect this guy will now be offered a job with another team. Good ploy.
I wish we had a facepalm emoji here. This is maybe the best fit alternative... This works as well...

My 2 cents is that I suspect most anyone who has worked at various places over many decades have run into situations in which some of the following apply...

* There is little or no rules in place (while there should be). This is more typical in small company
* HR department is a mess
* Someone in the management chain has clear issues that drive problems like this.
* When HR issues arise, the goal seems to be more about covering up/keeping things quiet vs. solving core/root cause problems. This can be especially true when it comes to sexual and gender harassments. Payoffs and NDAs are not uncommon.

I have personally seen all of the above and more. I have no clue what is or has happened at AM F1. But why not investigate?

Lastly, people always need to understand that when push comes to shove, the HR department is not there to protect you the employee, but rather the business.

Richard
Old 17 Jul 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4119734)   #528
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Its always best to get all sides of the story and I hope AM did exactly that.As for further employment,I rather doubt it with a record of lateness and running to the media with complaints.

As for this thread,any guesses about what AM need to do to get both cars in a position to score points?
Old 18 Jul 2022, 08:02 (Ref:4119773)   #529
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
So, you just accept everything without investigating? Really?
No, what I meant was in response to S Griffin's specific comment about determining whether the timekeeping issue was a response to the abuse.

Poorly worded comment on my part. Mea culpa.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 08:03 (Ref:4119774)   #530
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
As for this thread,any guesses about what AM need to do to get both cars in a position to score points?
Design the car around Seb and get a different driver in the other car?
Old 18 Jul 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4119777)   #531
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
Give the man a cigar!
Old 18 Jul 2022, 09:00 (Ref:4119780)   #532
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure he wants a cigar
Old 18 Jul 2022, 11:45 (Ref:4119796)   #533
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm not sure he wants a cigar
Who Graeme or Seb?
Old 18 Jul 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4119812)   #534
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Either
Old 18 Jul 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4119840)   #535
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Spot on with this comment ?? But would Daddy put Lance to one side and bring in someone else ? but if he is a shrewd business man as they say then maybe he would for the good of the brand.
Old 19 Jul 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4119871)   #536
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Spot on with this comment ?? But would Daddy put Lance to one side and bring in someone else ? but if he is a shrewd business man as they say then maybe he would for the good of the brand.
I guess the question is

Is F1 a core business or a family vanity project for Sr Stroll?
Old 20 Jul 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4119922)   #537
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diverting resources Seb's way and having Lance as his understudy for a couple of years would probably be the most beneficial thing for his career.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4119923)   #538
S griffin
Veteran

Vettel seems to have been reborn since he joined AM. Showing he still has something to offer, even if he probably won't ever be champion again. Stroll probably has gained a lot by having Seb alongside him too
Old 28 Jul 2022, 10:54 (Ref:4120721)   #539
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Vettel to retire at the end of the season. Another champion departs, but who will be coming in?
Old 28 Jul 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4120723)   #540
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Vettel seems to have been reborn since he joined AM. Showing he still has something to offer, even if he probably won't ever be champion again.
Interesting - I got the impression he's just counting down the days to retirement.

Quote:
Stroll probably has gained a lot by having Seb alongside him too
I don't think Stroll will improve - he's not a driver that anyone looks at and thinks "this guy is going to be champion one day". He's just a bang average driver - he's not dreadful (there have been many far worse) but none of the top teams would be trying to get him into their car. He's still young so potentially will be wasting that seat for years to come.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4120731)   #541
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Vettel to retire at the end of the season. Another champion departs, but who will be coming in?
Perhaps Daniel Ricciardo at Aston Martin?
Old 28 Jul 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4120738)   #542
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
both merc customers... unfortunately oscar p is contracted to renault/alpine,

and so, dear reader, we begin the 2022 silly season.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 12:56 (Ref:4120744)   #543
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
On current form, where's the advantage for Aston?
Old 28 Jul 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4120751)   #544
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
On Aston's current form, where's the advantage to Daniel?

Hulkenberg? What about Grosjean? Anyone else looking to get back into f1?
Old 28 Jul 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4120752)   #545
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
On current form, where's the advantage for Aston?
Not Aston Martins advantage but maybe he wouldn't hinder Mr Stroll's son in the driving stakes...
Old 29 Jul 2022, 06:59 (Ref:4120818)   #546
S griffin
Veteran

I don't think signing Danny would be the worst move. It could be good for both parties. A fresh start could help Ricciardo. That said I still think he could win the championship in the right car, but the problem is, I can't see him getting the opportunity sadly....
Old 29 Jul 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4120822)   #547
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Then again, there are at least half a dozen on the grid who could win the championship in the right car.....
Old 29 Jul 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4120824)   #548
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Alonso to Aston, Piastri to Alpine?
Old 29 Jul 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4120829)   #549
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Alonso to Aston, Piastri to Alpine?
Who in their right mind would move to Aston?
Old 29 Jul 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4120834)   #550
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Who in their right mind would move to Aston?
Broadly speaking, only the desperate.