Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1579349)   #1
daniel1985
Rookie

daniel1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 4 - Imola

Any predictions from people.
I feel Schumacher will be quick, being a good track for ferrari if they get the tyre choice right.
Honda and Mclaren will both be searching for much needed win also.
Hopefully these teams will close the gap on the Renaults otherwise the championship will be alonso's before can blink
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1579354)   #2
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Toyota will be slow.

Williams will be quick. They have new suspension for Imola, a track which relies on kerb riding for fast times. They also have a stonking donkey in the back of that chassis, again, a track which requires good engine acceleration, traction & power.

My tip is Rosberg for a surprise win.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1579368)   #3
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Toyota will be slow.

Williams will be quick. They have new suspension for Imola, a track which relies on kerb riding for fast times. They also have a stonking donkey in the back of that chassis, again, a track which requires good engine acceleration, traction & power.

My tip is Rosberg for a surprise win.
I agree that Williams might be very quick. I hope that they have solved the gearbox reliability problems. They should have new engines, both of them.

Honda might be quick too, and I hope for a more competitive Raikonnen & Montoya.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1579372)   #4
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im expecting maybe a Renault-Ferrari-Williams podium. Get back to me on which Williams driver it'll be, but Schuey and Alonso should have no trouble beating their teammates.

Im hoping something happens to keep the championship close, as everyones saying Alonso's running away with it moreso than this time last year.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1579477)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Both McLarens electrics will fail due to hitting the kerbs (an Imola necessity).

I expect ferrari to be stronger.....but can't look past a Renault or McLaren win.

And I expect Button to be on pole.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1579479)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Renault are way ahead of the rest....id expect them to come out on top...

Mclaren are not as good this year as last year..last year they were ultimately quicker than Renault but it is not the case this year..
Old 12 Apr 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1579485)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Erm, that's not quite the case is it?

Sure Fernando did only what he needed to in Oz, but at various point during the weekend both Kimi and JPM displayed the speed potential of the MP4-21 as a threat to him.

Although Alonso is pointing to Ferrari as his main threat for Imola, he will also be looking McLaren's way as well - no question.

It wil be pretty chilly there so I don't fancy anyones chances who run a chassis that can't get much heat into the tyres.....
Old 12 Apr 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1579683)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes but i think the Renault is the more versatile car. They are quick in almost all conditions and that is what i meant by them being the fastest this year.

Imola will see Ferrari put up a better show they have always gone well there.... even that dog F2005 managed to come 2nd and almost knicked the win
Old 12 Apr 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1579686)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you mean F2005 ralfy...
Old 12 Apr 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1579688)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Nothing wrong with the F2004, .

I seem to recall Ferrari were crap in 2001.

Anway, with a bit of luck "we" can have trouble-free weekend (it is needed).
Old 12 Apr 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1579690)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
yes er.... F2004 was a dog now wasnt it... only 15 some wins...

post edited btw..
Old 12 Apr 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1579691)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

They were crap in 2001 because, from memory, they inexplicably chose the hard tyres. And then Michaels suspension/brakes played up. And Rubens went missing that year.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1579694)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
even that dog F2004 managed to come 2nd and almost knicked the win
And the F2005 was so much better wasn't it.

And i don't really think the F2004 was a dog,at least not in 2004 anyway.

By the time the cars arrive at Imola many will have undergone some serious improvement (or otherwise),so it'll be like starting the season all over again.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1579695)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
And Rubens went missing that year.
no surprise there.... now Rubens turning up would be
Old 12 Apr 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1579696)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
...[Ferrari] inexplicably chose the hard tyres. And then Michaels suspension/brakes played up. And Rubens went missing that year.
Didn't Michael have a tyre failure too?

Anyway, yeah, indeed, they were crap, .
Old 12 Apr 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1579717)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, I think the brake issue made his tyre burst.

Stupid Ferrari, don't know what they're doing do they?

I think Nico will show well this weekend, now he's back on familiar ground.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1579729)   #17
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sauber did good last year at imola, so i say BMW-Sauber will do great.
Why ?
Because i'm silly ! lol
Old 12 Apr 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1579733)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Unless you are right, .
Old 12 Apr 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1579766)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

BMW could well be very strong.

Until their engine packs in and they join the Williams graveyard.
Old 12 Apr 2006, 22:39 (Ref:1579886)   #20
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mclaren look good because their car seems to have traction over kerbs more than the others...

prediction for quali top 6 (in no particular order & allowing for engine rule):

Button
Schuey
Alonso
Nico
JPM
kimi (pole)

race top 6 (no particular order):

Schuey (win)
Massa
Nico
Heidfeld
Alonso
webber

this is going to be one of the closest race meetings in a long time IMO...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 02:26 (Ref:1580003)   #21
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Both McLarens electrics will fail due to hitting the kerbs (an Imola necessity).

I expect ferrari to be stronger.....but can't look past a Renault or McLaren win.

And I expect Button to be on pole.
They do well at Woking, the cars fail and the still get on the podium

Got to agree with Renault or McLaren as 1st and 2nd favourites
but I also get the feeling the Bridgestone teams will be better than they have to now, though they are supposed to work better in hotter climes. Williams and Ferarri fighting over the scraps.
Old 13 Apr 2006, 06:51 (Ref:1580086)   #22
daniel1985
Rookie

daniel1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer
mclaren look good because their car seems to have traction over kerbs more than the others...

prediction for quali top 6 (in no particular order & allowing for engine rule):

Button
Schuey
Alonso
Nico
JPM
kimi (pole)

race top 6 (no particular order):

Schuey (win)
Massa
Nico
Heidfeld
Alonso
webber

this is going to be one of the closest race meetings in a long time IMO...
So whats gonna happen to kimi in the race to make him finish outside the top 6
Old 13 Apr 2006, 07:47 (Ref:1580116)   #23
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm predicting he won't cross the finish line..... if mclarens do cross finish line i think they will both be top 4, maybe even win...
Old 13 Apr 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1580141)   #24
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I can see the podium, in no particular order, being Honda-Renault-Williams, with the smart money being on Webber, Alonso, Button the three. But this one of the potentially closest races yet. Honda/BAR, Ferrari and BMW/Sauber are usually strong here, Renault are just strong ful stop. And McLaren, they can win this race too. 5 teams (Honda, Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Williams) could be in the running for the win, with a further 2-3 (BMW, Toyota) teams in contention for podiums. Bring it on!
Old 13 Apr 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1580145)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I think that may be a bit optimistic, skam.