Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 24 Mar 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4104092)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Agreed on a split of all star and point races, but logistically, makes sense to have them on the same spot.

Agreed on short track addition. Which one? You mentioned Nashville, which I'd take. Iowa? Indianapolis Raceway Park the weekend after Indy? Don't think IRP have the seating capacity....
Lanier, they can go around the plastic walls
Old 24 Mar 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4104096)   #102
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Lanier, they can go around the plastic walls
HA! nascar drifting / karting!

Not sure if you knew, but Gresham was just sold and it, along with Atlanta Dragway will become housing...
Old 24 Mar 2022, 13:36 (Ref:4104102)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey, someone has to live up there in townhouses in the country so they can commute 5 hours a day and complain about the traffic and fuel prices
Old 24 Mar 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4104122)   #104
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The #6 is in a heap of trouble for meddling with a spec. part. No idea what part, NASCAR has concentrated on listing the penalties instead... looks like they're taking tinkering seriously. 100 big 'uns is the fine and Keselowski and the car are - 100 points each.
Old 24 Mar 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4104144)   #105
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Agreed on a split of all star and point races, but logistically, makes sense to have them on the same spot.

Agreed on short track addition. Which one? You mentioned Nashville, which I'd take. Iowa? Indianapolis Raceway Park the weekend after Indy? Don't think IRP have the seating capacity....

Nashville Fairgrounds, Iowa, Fix Flags (bring in temporary seating), North Wilksboro, even New Symra for the clash next year being local and all.
Old 24 Mar 2022, 23:24 (Ref:4104170)   #106
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was sad to see they were changing Atlanta again because it was unique. I guess it still is though and they need to do something to increase attendance. However, they really need to start with promoting the race(s) first though. I'm a huge motorsports fan, have lived in Atlanta my whole life, and I had no idea they raced there last week.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 01:51 (Ref:4104176)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Nashville Fairgrounds, Iowa, Fix Flags (bring in temporary seating), North Wilksboro, even New Symra for the clash next year being local and all.
Not familiar with Fix Flags. New Smyrna would be cool; just don't see them having the facilities (for fans, really) and there's already a bunch of races in Florida. Now if you could get facilities at some place Salem or something totally random, I'm all in.

And while I really wish they'd do something with North Wilkesboro, I don't think it's ever coming back. It would need just about new everything.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 01:53 (Ref:4104177)   #108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I was sad to see they were changing Atlanta again because it was unique. I guess it still is though and they need to do something to increase attendance. However, they really need to start with promoting the race(s) first though. I'm a huge motorsports fan, have lived in Atlanta my whole life, and I had no idea they raced there last week.
A fellow 10ther reminded me in a text

I watched a little and wasn't impressed. It felt really odd.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 12:08 (Ref:4104222)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
A fellow 10ther reminded me in a text

I watched a little and wasn't impressed. It felt really odd.
I think sadly a lot of the meh of it is the drivers who got used to the previous car. The idea of racing every lap is new to them and they can't do it, and when they try we get wrecks.

Only reason I knew is a coworker went. He enjoyed it enough he is going back in JULY (i think he is insane but maybe that's me) and more people are going with the group then so guess that worked.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 13:20 (Ref:4104236)   #110
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
I wish NASCAR would chose a track not on the points schedule for the All-Star Race. This would be a great chance to try a street course, Nashville Fairgrounds, etc. before fully-committing.
I really like this idea. Rotate the race around tracks not on the schedule. This will allow NASCAR to get great feedback - does it get seats filled in the stands and therefore make commercial sense, is the racing good to watch etc.

Could do the same with the Clash.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4104255)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The Clash appears to be headed that way, the discussions with NASCAR after the event on Racer seemed to indicate that possibility.

The Winston, screw all star that's what it is and I will call it, is gonna be stuck with the usual tracks I think. Once a track is on the schedule you can't test at it, although not sure how much testing they get with the new car and if that rule remained. Road Atlanta usually has at least 2 days for Chevy and Ford testing during the year for that reason. N Wilkesboro is unfortunately out, 18 million and Speedway Motorsports ownership will help but not sure it's enough. Iowa is interesting and owned by NASCAR but think that's for regional support more than interest in racing, it didn't return to anything but ARCA. Nashville Fairgrounds have been trying for years to restore the facilities and get national touring series return, it hasn't been successful and Speedway Motorsports involved again there but little state money on offer.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 16:37 (Ref:4104265)   #112
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Not sure what rock I was living under to not know Speedway Motorsports purchased it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gregeng...h=c5e6cb15f5f9

Not a big Forbes guy but this article makes it sounds like there is some hope, afterall.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 18:08 (Ref:4104270)   #113
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The Clash appears to be headed that way, the discussions with NASCAR after the event on Racer seemed to indicate that possibility.

The Winston, screw all star that's what it is and I will call it, is gonna be stuck with the usual tracks I think. Once a track is on the schedule you can't test at it, although not sure how much testing they get with the new car and if that rule remained. Road Atlanta usually has at least 2 days for Chevy and Ford testing during the year for that reason. N Wilkesboro is unfortunately out, 18 million and Speedway Motorsports ownership will help but not sure it's enough. Iowa is interesting and owned by NASCAR but think that's for regional support more than interest in racing, it didn't return to anything but ARCA. Nashville Fairgrounds have been trying for years to restore the facilities and get national touring series return, it hasn't been successful and Speedway Motorsports involved again there but little state money on offer.

You may be a bit behind in recent news. Indycar is racing at Iowa this summer. If that is a hit, look for NASCAR to join. Not sure how you think North Wilkesboro is out (of 2023 sure). Nashville Fairgrounds will get a race once the super speedway contract runs out (2024 I believe).
Old 25 Mar 2022, 18:27 (Ref:4104273)   #114
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
From 2011 to 2019, the Xfinity series raced at Iowa. The Covids shut it down and it wasn't added back in 21 or this year.

And Iowa only holds 30k where has it's 'sister' track of Richmond holds 51K so I'm unsure if it's ready for a Cup race.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 22:03 (Ref:4104285)   #115
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
From 2011 to 2019, the Xfinity series raced at Iowa. The Covids shut it down and it wasn't added back in 21 or this year.

And Iowa only holds 30k where has it's 'sister' track of Richmond holds 51K so I'm unsure if it's ready for a Cup race.

They don't sell out Richmond. NASCAR has already been on record stating they would rather sell out a 30k venue than sell 50% of a place that holds 60k (better optics).
Old 26 Mar 2022, 02:09 (Ref:4104303)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
While that's a fair point and a good move from nascar, I'm not following how well IndyCar doing at Iowa has much to do with a nascar decision on a track / market they've been to for a better part of a decade, even if with the lower series.

I'm all for more short tracks and a Cup race at Iowa would be great.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 02:14 (Ref:4104576)   #117
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From now on I’m going to always have a water melon nearby when playing any game.
Old 28 Mar 2022, 02:44 (Ref:4104578)   #118
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well that was a joke ending there, just another Cup race ruined at the end by a driver who can't drive. Bowman wasn't great but Chastain is GARBAGE. That was 100% intentionally done I can't keep in front so I'll hit you out of the way. That's a guy who needs an old NASCAR driver punch to the face for damaging cars. Effing joke again

Race itself was decent, far too much **** poor driving as usual though. Take half the field out and it would be better
Old 28 Mar 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4104624)   #119
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Liking the way Chastain is going ATM, hopefully he can get a win whilst on this roll...
Wish i put money on him
Old 28 Mar 2022, 11:21 (Ref:4104639)   #120
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Same rubbish in Truck and Cup. Don't have the skill or speed to overtake? Punt the guys in front off. NASCAR seem happy enough with it so I guess it'll go on 'til somebody goes "too far" and gets to sit on the naughty step!
Old 29 Mar 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4104806)   #121
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Best part was the Undertaker driving the pace car.

I suffered through this yesterday. Moments of fun, followed by lots of cars on a track that make them look painfully slow. Then, 'nascar' at the end. Thankfully, able to skip forward through out.
Old 29 Mar 2022, 17:54 (Ref:4104814)   #122
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I watched some of the onboard footage and when they're at, say, Daytona they're so quick my brain struggles to keep up if that makes sense. But at COTA they were so slow I was waiting to see some senior citizens overtake in a Honda compact or something!

Fast forward is our friend.
Old 30 Mar 2022, 02:26 (Ref:4104854)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's HILARIOUS the number of NASCAR commentators on Racer, and FoxSports stuff, that can't figure out how teams can do the single lug system. It's like they're not familiar with EVERY other race series out there
Old 4 Apr 2022, 10:59 (Ref:4105281)   #124
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Richmond wasnt a bad race in the end - last 30 laps where good with old / new tyre battle, traffic etc.
I enjoyed it...
Old 4 Apr 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4105283)   #125
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
We were spoiled here with the 86 Richmond race at the old fairgrounds track on Friday night, not sure the 22 race could compete