Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 3 May 2007, 14:07 (Ref:1905808)   #1
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2007 Crown Royal pr The Jim Stewart 400 @ Richmond NEXTEL Cup Event Thread *SPOILERS*

Apologies for the late thread - it's been very busy both at work and at home the past couple of days. I'll skip the 2006 race recap this time since I'm posting this while at work.

With the beer cans of Talladega behind us it's time to head over to Richmond.

Track Specs: 0.75 mile oval, 14 degrees of banking in the turns, 8 degrees of banking on the frontstretch and 2 degrees of banking on the backstretch. Roughly 112,000 grandstand seats.

NEXTEL Cup Qualifying Record: 129.983 mph, by Brian Vickers in May, 2004.

NEXTEL Cup Race Record: 109.047 mph (2 hours, 45 minutes, 4 seconds) set by Dale Jarrett on September 6th, 1997.

This will be the 102nd race at Richmond since 1953. Richard Petty is the winningest driver with no less than 13 victories.

The furthest down anyone has won from is the 28th starting spot. Richard Petty did that in 1971.

There are 50 cars going for 43 spots. NASCAR.com has the entry list.

Kevin Lepage and Johnny Benson will be looking to qualifying for their first race of the season.

This is the fifth race of the 2007 season where this years' owners points determines who is locked into the top 35 in qualifying. There were no changes in the points standings around the 35th spot after the race at Talladega, although Scott Riggs moved up one spot to 36th and is just a mere 7 points behind Casey Mears.

David Reutimann, Ward Burton, Scott Riggs, Paul Menard, Ken Schrader, Dave Blaney, Jeremy Mayfield, Kevin Lepage, Dale Jarrett (who is now out of Past Champion's Provisionals), Johnny Benson, Mike Bliss, Michael Waltrip, Kenny Wallace, Brian Vickers and A.J. Allmendinger will all have to qualify on speed to get into the race.

This is the fourth race using the Car of Tomorrow.

For more information and images of the CoT I recommend you visit Jayski's site about the CoT.

TV: Pre-race show on FOX starts at 7:00pm ET, May 5th (please note that this is a Saturday race). Green flag is scheduled for 7:25pm ET.

In Scandinavia the TV broadcast gets underway at 1:00 CET on Viasat Sport 3 during the night between Saturday and Sunday.

My pick for the win: Tony Stewart

(Yes, I did exceed the maximum number of letters in the thread title - the full name of the race is Crown Royal Presents The Jim Stewart 400.)
Old 4 May 2007, 23:07 (Ref:1906878)   #2
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And for anyone who asks, Jim Stewart is just a regular guy who won a Crown Royal promotion to name the race after him.
Old 5 May 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1907198)   #3
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Flake
And for anyone who asks, Jim Stewart is just a regular guy who won a Crown Royal promotion to name the race after him.
Best. Promotion. EVER.

Too bad we'll never see that in, say, F1......

"Sinopec Presents the Cozmo Smolinski Grand Prix of China"

Last edited by chemhead1; 5 May 2007 at 16:52.
Old 5 May 2007, 16:55 (Ref:1907200)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guess who took the pole?
Old 5 May 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1907230)   #5
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dunno but i bet your next avatar will be reptile!
Old 5 May 2007, 18:26 (Ref:1907238)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am nothing but predictable.
Old 5 May 2007, 18:36 (Ref:1907242)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Lineup:
http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2007...ta/lineup.html

Pole for Jeff "throw me bear cans" Gordon.

Toyota 10th, 13th (Almendinger!!) and 14th. Not bad.
Old 5 May 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1907252)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE

Pole for Jeff "throw me bear cans" Gordon.
I am saddened to hear this. Cans are bad enough, but bears? Sorry, but that is extremely dangerous and not what I want to see.

Old 5 May 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1907315)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Of course it's beer.
Old 6 May 2007, 00:02 (Ref:1907392)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, this race is struggling to get underway, with some light showers interrupting proceedings. Ran some laps under yellow and now they've parked.
Old 6 May 2007, 09:36 (Ref:1907492)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
UPDATE

Australian Viewers: Fox have something listed at 3am tomorrow morning

Live: Replay, Nascar Richmond (Nextel)

So my guess that that is it.
Old 6 May 2007, 09:41 (Ref:1907495)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
After a 12-lap "false start," rain that threatened Richmond International Raceway all day Saturday finally postponed the Crown Royal presents the Jim Stewart 400 to Sunday at 1:15 p.m. ET.
Source: nascar.com
Old 6 May 2007, 10:31 (Ref:1907517)   #13
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I knew the race was delayed, I was just communicating the time for our Australian viewers
Old 6 May 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1907937)   #14
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another race, another Hendrick Motorsports domination. Jimmie Johnson wins, Kyle Busch finishes second, and only a late-race pass on Jeff Gordon by Denny Hamlin breaks up a Hendrick sweep of the top three; Gordon finishes fourth. The Penskes of Kurt Busch and Ryan Newman finish fifth and sixth; Tony Stewart separates the Childress cars of Kevin Harvick and Clint Bowyer in seventh, eighth, and ninth; and Matt Kenseth rounds out the top ten.

After another staggering performance by the Hendrick cars, the team has now won seven of the last eight races, and I'm seriously wondering how long it will be until someone besides Gordon, Johnson, and Kyle Busch finds themselves in Victory Lane. NASCAR hasn't seen anything like this.
Old 6 May 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1908023)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hmmm....it may have been the fact I only tuned into the last 149 laps, but I didn't enjoy the race so much.

Maybe it'll be better when I check the full thing out.

Bloody Johnson!
Old 7 May 2007, 01:47 (Ref:1908085)   #16
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
I wanted to get up, I really did.

But at 3am somethig told me it'd be JJ or JG win...

Well actually, Knowlesy told me that, I just decided to sleep in.
Old 7 May 2007, 02:24 (Ref:1908086)   #17
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harvick had the car to beat and probably would have won the race until some misfortune. JPM is going the wrong direction in the standings, down to number 21.
Old 7 May 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1908335)   #18
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh that was interesting, and they even did the pitstop for Ragan, perfectly in the box!

oh man have Hendrick got it right, they'll have to mess up bad for one of his drivers to not win the championship, right now Gordon can come last in the next race and still be leading the standings!

Was interesting to see the Sauter/Montoya crash, that the wings were still ok, that would have stuffed one of the blade type spoilers (though I still say the blade looks better )

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 8 May 2007, 06:06 (Ref:1908756)   #19
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone else besides for Hendrick MS please win at Darlington???? It gettin a bit too predictable now.