Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 10 Jul 2001, 16:14 (Ref:115289)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Rossi Vs. Biaggi

so what are peoples opinions on the Rossi and Biaggi saga..dont know if this has been talked about in here before but do you think that it is good for the sport or harming it ??

I dont mind a bit of niggle between riders it makes things a little more exciting (not that it needs spicing up because the action has spoken for itself)
but I was really looking forward to the last few laps of Assen when rossi finally got back to the front (see other topic i started on his bad starts) but sadly the rain came and washed that out the window.

moving to cars for a second ..i used to love the Senna V Prost saga in F1 and am currently enjoying these 2 guys having a crack at each other ..but I will admit i dont want to see it come to a bad situation being caused on the track but a bit of slagging in the press makes for a fun read..allthough they seem to have made up a little bit over the last 2 races or so ..i still feel that there is alot of untrust between the 2 and im sure it will fire up again soon..

so what are your thoughts on this 500cc fued ?
Old 11 Jul 2001, 18:44 (Ref:115769)   #2
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Rossi Vs. Biaggi

Quote:
Originally posted by marcus

I dont mind a bit of niggle between riders it makes things a little more exciting (not that it needs spicing up because the action has spoken for itself)
but I was really looking forward to the last few laps of Assen when rossi finally got back to the front (see other topic i started on his bad starts) but sadly the rain came and washed that out the window.
Yeah I know I was looking forward to the last few laps of the Assens race too. And you could really see the disappointment in Rossi's face.

Anyways, back on topic, if you were to ask me, I'd say I'm pro-Valentino anytime, hun!

~Sarah
Old 16 Jul 2001, 12:51 (Ref:117743)   #3
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the whole affair, Valentino comes across as a good guy and I thought the same about max until he started mouthing off like the 500cc version of Eddie Irvine. To be fair, as he was talking about Doohan and I was and am still a HUGE fan, I was immediately rather put out by his BS!!
Valentino will dive right inb and blame himself for a slow time or mistake which is an admirable quality,( like Pat Rafter) especially in one so young and his actions when he wins exactly what the sport needs. I'll never forget him winning a race and stopping to pick up a blow up girl before riding off with the doll strategically placed on the tank.
Thought the Angel's wings another nice touch and some of his poses as he crosses the finish line pure magic

To say I was amazed when he picked up the doll is an underatatement but I thought he isn't doing the sport any harm and certainly attracting alot of press. And all this on top of the fact he is one hell of a rider/ racer.

Go you Good Thing!!!!!!!!!