Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Jul 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3556419)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Marshals Classic Social Evening

Prompted by our Bob and I have just spent last hour doing multy prepearers form.
Friday night BBQ for all our marshalls after last race. Same format as before but need to know how many veggies. we will cater for 200 ish and Bob will be asking the question's and anything else he can cunger up.
Looking forward to another great evening. Cheers Iain.
I had fantastic support from drivers and suppliers last year so will be looking for support again this year please. I know Anthony Goddard has already donnated Alan's barrel of beer.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3556464)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Prompted by our Bob and I have just spent last hour doing multy prepearers form.
Friday night BBQ for all our marshalls after last race. Same format as before but need to know how many veggies. we will cater for 200 ish and Bob will be asking the question's and anything else he can cunger up.
Looking forward to another great evening. Cheers Iain.
I had fantastic support from drivers and suppliers last year so will be looking for support again this year please. I know Anthony Goddard has already donnated Alan's barrel of beer.
I have pointed out to our Dear Friend Delta, that it is NOT A BARBECUE, it is a Social Evening featuring a Quiz (very hard) A Raffle (fabulous prizes) and a little light refreshment (maybe a burger or two and a small glass of beer).

We do not want any problems with site caterers!!
Old 7 Jul 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3556483)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ah, now I understand. thanks Bob.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3556491)   #4
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for sorting this again Iain, I will pass the info around as normal.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3556494)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Iain would you rather have a prize for the raffle/quiz or something liquid as a donation?
Old 7 Jul 2015, 14:36 (Ref:3556497)   #6
Alan Crook
Veteran

Max we are talking about marshal here its always the liquid option 1st !!!
Old 7 Jul 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3556505)   #7
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for your generosity of the offer again guys.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3556536)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Max we are talking about marshal here its always the liquid option 1st !!!
If you ever attended the monthly social evening at Silverstone you would soon realise that the marshals are a most abstemious bunch of people.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3556537)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Iain would you rather have a prize for the raffle/quiz or something liquid as a donation?
Er! Both please!
Old 7 Jul 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3556546)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haha it was an either or not both! I'll sort out some useful prizes and you can use them for whichever you prefer.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3556593)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
You got a stand this year Max ???
Old 7 Jul 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3556605)   #12
midgetman
Veteran

Yes Iain. All 3 of us will be there a!l weekend plus a mate of Alex's who is obsessed with Historic Racing too! Can't wait :-)
Old 7 Jul 2015, 20:42 (Ref:3556611)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Brilliant . Looking forward to catching up with lots of friends 😊
Old 7 Jul 2015, 21:10 (Ref:3556612)   #14
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max, I hope you are going to be there mega early or late so I can catch up with you.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 21:10 (Ref:3556613)   #15
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Many thanks for your generosity of the offer again guys.
This.
Attached Thumbnails
750px_WEB_StokeRow_and_Nuffield_20150705_ONED7812.jpg  
Old 9 Jul 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3557003)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Would JT or some other mod rename this thread as Marshals Classic Social Evening? Please.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3557219)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Why?
Old 10 Jul 2015, 07:28 (Ref:3557227)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Why?
Do keep up John!

I understand that in the past when the MG Club held a similar event at their Silverstone meeting, the then caterers insisted that as they were the official Silverstone caterers they should provide the barbecue. Obviously this defeats the object of a free lunch.

To avoid such problems I have suggested we avoid mention of food and refer to a Social Evening and Quiz.

Capische?

Bob.

See you there?
Old 10 Jul 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3557373)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Capische!
Old 10 Jul 2015, 18:50 (Ref:3557378)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Capische!
Not a verbose character this John Ruston I gather.
Old 12 Jul 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3558021)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Would JT or some other mod rename this thread as Marshals Classic Social Evening? Please.
Done.

Although I was tempted to go with Marshals' 'something which is not a BBQ' event
Old 14 Jul 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3558597)   #22
Alan Crook
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Both myself and Iain are fully aware of the issues that`s why we try to publicise by word of mouth. I don`t believe the title should be changed without consulting the original thread poster. Will some one please return the thread to its original title.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 20:47 (Ref:3558607)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Let's not worry too much . Silverstone classic people are fully aware of what we are doing for the Marshall's . They give me passes to my friends helping out with the evening . I'm looking forward to the evening then Saturday with the quo . Can't wait but of to spa first thing . As I said we will cater for 200 ish but do need to know if there are any veggies out there coming along . Big thank you to rudolf as he has kick started the BBQ funds
Old 15 Jul 2015, 06:32 (Ref:3558686)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Alan the original 'starter' was Delta, and yes the Classic Organisers are aware of our 'Social Evening', I have been in touch, however, it is not them we (I) am concerned about, it is the official Silverstone caterers who have the contract at the circuit. It might never become an issue, but why take the risk?

In the past marshals have told me they were not aware of the event, and that was due to lack of advertising because of the BBQ issue.

Apart from that doe sit really matter what it is called as long as people know about it?

Also I believe that one of the event sponsors Jet, is doing something for the marshals on Saturday.

Bl**** spoilt they are.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3558813)   #25
Alan Crook
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
As I said we will cater for 200 ish but do need to know if there are any veggies out there coming along .
Iain I can think of 2 veggies that are likely to be coming along, have a good time at Spa. Hopefully pop along and see you Thursday evening when we pop up to sort some passes.