Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:13 (Ref:913600)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Ralf, how much room do you want?

First Melbourne, now Sepang?

After the Australian GP where Rafe and JPM came too close for Rafes comfort, and his rantings about rather crashing into JPM in future than let him through, now he's moaning that Mark Webber didn't give him room!

Rafe, this is a big boys sport, your not doing yourself any favours by critisizing every other driver out there.

Stop thinking about your position regarding Williams and the possible move to Toyota and get on with what your paid for.....racing!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:14 (Ref:913607)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf's a whinger.

Always has been, always will be.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:16 (Ref:913614)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yawn at Ralf! If you don't want other cars near you go do rallying .
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:19 (Ref:913624)   #4
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolute double standards.

The guy can't take it, but can only give it - a sign of a weak playground bully.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:20 (Ref:913628)   #5
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give him an inch and he'll take a mile.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:27 (Ref:913649)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If he can't get enough space at Sepang then I fear an absolute downpour of whingeing and bile from Ralf after Monaco!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:30 (Ref:913656)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Give him half an inch and he'll crash.

The incident with Webber was completely his fault, and just added insult to injury from Mark's perspective. Ralf was attempting an ill-judged move and should've backed out, which he had plenty of time to do. It really doesn't show very well from Ralf, especially on a day when Montoya was so impressive.

Why would Williams even contemplate keeping him when so many good drivers are on teh market for 2005, and they have Gené and Pizzonia for continuity?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:31 (Ref:913660)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suppose it's easy to criticise a guy who's gonna replace you very soon....
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:33 (Ref:913665)   #9
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mark was already infront of Ralf even before they touch, obviously this is ralf's fault, no doubt.

sorry for the poor boy-webber has a bad day.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:37 (Ref:913680)   #10
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I started to have high hopes for Ralph towards the end of last year's season, but it really is starting to look like more of the same. Granted, we are only 2 races into this season and all that, but...the simple truth is that this is the year he has to put up or shut up. So far, not enough put, and not enough shut.

Get with it man. Now.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:38 (Ref:913685)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Towards the end of last season? He didn't even get a podium and just 5 points after Magny Cours!?!?!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:45 (Ref:913692)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
As with the Fisi bandwagon, I think its time to get off the Ralf one. I will continue to say Ralf has real talent, but his attitude is all wrong.

He needs a Manager, Team Boss, or wife that can get in his head and sort him out. Then, and only then, will his talent once again shine.

I dont hold much hope though.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:03 (Ref:913734)   #13
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As far as I could see, Webber was at fault today.
(But I haven't seen any replay yet).

First, Webber pushes Ralf off track, on a straight.
Ralf loses speed, and loses two places.

Then, Webber pushes Alonso (almost) into the wall, on a straight.
Alonso loses his position to Webber.

Later, Alonso tries to pass Webber on the inside.
Webber tries to cut him, leaving him almost no space.
But Alonso doesn't let Webber push him off again, and Alonso gains back his position.

Later, Ralf tries to pass Webber on the inside.
Webber tries to cut him, leaving him almost no space.
But Ralf doesn't let Webber push him off again, and Ralf gains back his position.
This time, Webber's tyre is damaged.

---

Sounds to me like a young driver, slightly overplaying his hand. Just a part of the learning process.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:12 (Ref:913741)   #14
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't Webber's fault, you have to be aggresive otherwise you're not going to get anywhere. As for Ralf, he should spend less time whingeing and more time driving, I think he'll always suffer, whether it's his own doing or not, with the burden of always being compared to Michael, its not a helpful situation to be in but there is plenty of opportunity for Ralf to get out of the shadow and establish himself as himself, and trundling round in 9th/10th place is not the way to go about it.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:18 (Ref:913751)   #15
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a Ralf fan....but Webbers move on Ralf was great,and RS should shut up!

More impressive was Trulli....don't let it be said he isn't a racer!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:36 (Ref:913786)   #16
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happen with Ralf? He was very slow, very slow...!

Wrong set ups, wrong tyre 's choice, or he IS just slow?:confused:

Last edited by Led ZeppF1; 21 Mar 2004 at 10:37.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:39 (Ref:913789)   #17
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Led ZeppF1
What happen with Ralf? He was very slow, very slow...!

Probably some damage on his left front wing after his second incident with Webber?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:50 (Ref:913813)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
Probably some damage on his left front wing after his second incident with Webber?
Although, he wasn't that fast before the incident
Old 21 Mar 2004, 15:18 (Ref:913977)   #19
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really do think that ralf gets rattled far to easy. When i heard his comments regarding the move that montoya made on him in melbourne i just shook my head and thought what are you on about. What did he think montoya was going to do just sit there....and with all this talk about a big money move to another team he is not doing himself any favours
Old 21 Mar 2004, 16:00 (Ref:914004)   #20
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ralf doesn't want close & agressive racing then it is time to get out of F1, i think that his move on Webber was a sign of desperation from a driver who was being outdriven by the guy who is going to take his seat.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 17:44 (Ref:914109)   #21
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Next year, Ralf will be lucky to be anywhere near Webber.
Except of course when Webber's Williams laps the TOYOTA of course.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 19:23 (Ref:914187)   #22
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Led ZeppF1

A bad qualifying position, slow start combined with flawed driving... Ralf seems to be not enjoying driving with Williams and thats showing in the results. Pity the engine blowed which didnt help at all.

Do I see a mid-season exit to Toyota??.. No.. I think Mario Theisssen will do all he can to keep Ralf in there.

Last edited by freud; 21 Mar 2004 at 19:25.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 19:27 (Ref:914190)   #23
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf should try driving through New York City at rush hour.

A NYC cabbie, will make Webbers move look like childs play.

Time to grow a pair Ralf...

Danica Patrick
Old 21 Mar 2004, 20:11 (Ref:914219)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber does seem to love Michael a lot, he even copies his infamous Schumi Chop! I was pretty surprised to see a guy like Webber do that to be honest!

But IMO the incident was Ralf's fault as his move on Mark was rather optimistic, and that's an understatement...
Old 21 Mar 2004, 20:18 (Ref:914230)   #25
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Although, he wasn't that fast before the incident
Aparently fast enough to make up for the 2 positions he lost after Webber pushed him off track during the first incident ...