Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Oct 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2304122)   #1
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS live stream?

hey folks,

im just wondering does anybody have a link to a live stream of the petit lemans knocking around? i cant seem to find one at the moment, the speed TV website wont work for me for some odd reason so could anybody help me in this regard?

thanks
Old 4 Oct 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2304129)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Websites must be getting hammered by people tuning in.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2304130)   #3
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
coverage on www.americanlemans.com but as Speed in North America have just switched to Vintage racing (sic) everyone is going there and the web seems to be slow/unavailable
Old 4 Oct 2008, 17:10 (Ref:2304141)   #4
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The alms.com stream is actually on the front page but it's in Flash not WMV so it can't be used in an external player.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2304146)   #5
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.visualwebcaster.com/Le_Mans/51726/event.html

Direct link.
Old 4 Oct 2008, 17:32 (Ref:2304156)   #6
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WONDERFUL!!

Thx )
Old 4 Oct 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2304179)   #7
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fabulous, thank you deggis, its been difficult to get any streams that will work
Old 5 Oct 2008, 03:07 (Ref:2304486)   #8
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Since it looks like the qualifying stream is already becoming a habit (now last three races have had it, and also Laguna Seca will have despite that Speed is not showing the actual race) and now this live race stream, I wonder if these have been experiments for expanded streamed coverage in future...

From this: http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4841

(one of the 5-year goals) "Establishment of a multimedia platform that will make the Series available to every person on the planet."

Since alms.com/speedtv.com already have the 'on demand' video service, could this mean live streaming of full races? [/optimism]

I have absolutely no idea how much this kind of streaming costs but the positive effect is reaching spectators on countries that otherwise might not have coverage at all. Especially when they can use RLM's commentary (no need for dedicated commentators) and as far as I've understood cameras are on to capture every minute of every race always, so I guess no additional cost to that either.

Since especially the live race stream this weekend worked absolutely perfectly with great audio and video quality, sent positive feedback and demand more in future:

http://www.americanlemans.com/series/contact.aspx

-

Last edited by deggis; 5 Oct 2008 at 03:11.