Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jun 2003, 13:06 (Ref:624508)   #1
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV to announce retirement

Well rumour has it that with Jenson Button already out shinning JV so far this season, JV is starting to get his speech ready!

He also beleives it is the last chance he will get to beat MS at something.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 13:22 (Ref:624526)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any sources or did you just speculate this?
Old 8 Jun 2003, 13:55 (Ref:624542)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: JV to announce retirement

Quote:
Originally posted by Rossi # 46
Well rumour has it that with Jenson Button already out shinning JV so far this season
Sure. And as we all know, Jacques has had a perfect car all season, no mechanical issues at all... No, wait, that was the other BAR driver...
Old 8 Jun 2003, 13:58 (Ref:624547)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I think this sounds a little speculative, and a little early in the season.

Jacques won't retire unless there are no seats available.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 14:07 (Ref:624554)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Oh hang on I get it.

Quote:
Well rumour has it that with Jenson Button already out shinning JV so far this season, JV is starting to get his speech ready!

Well of course he is beating him. And it's about time Jos retired! Again!
Old 8 Jun 2003, 14:12 (Ref:624557)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the question still remains: What on earth has this got to do with Mika Salo?
Old 8 Jun 2003, 14:23 (Ref:624569)   #7
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WEll, im pretty sure Dave Richards wont want JV for any longer (And no R, i dont mean Verstappen!) judging by the conflict between the two at the beginning of the year, and throughout last year.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 14:29 (Ref:624577)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Indeed. Truth is, Villeneuve is being outperformed by his young teammate, and BAR probably has no room at the inn for 2004. JV has stayed at BAR too long and has diminished his stock; I don't think another top team will take him. I suspect a "sabbatical" for 2004 will be followed either by complete retirement or CART-related fun with old chum B*ll*cks.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 14:35 (Ref:624584)   #9
Ola
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm, Sweden
Ola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Villeneuve on a performance based contract might attract a few teams such as Renault and Toyota. I also think BAR is still a realistic option for him next year.

As far as Villeneuve vs Button goes ... hard to tell since Villeneuves car constantly breaks down in the races. Button is usually faster in qual this year but Villeneuve has qualified with more fuel on in average which has worked against him since the car won't hold up in the race ...
Old 8 Jun 2003, 15:04 (Ref:624623)   #10
R
Veteran

Thank you, Ola, for bringing some sense into the discussion. It's a shame some people will twist the facts and use Jacques' shocking lack of reliability to claim that Button has in some way "outperformed" him, when nothing could be further from the truth.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 15:10 (Ref:624629)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank god for sanity!

Thanks Ola!
Old 8 Jun 2003, 15:20 (Ref:624638)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jacques isn't retiring! No he ain't!
Old 8 Jun 2003, 15:33 (Ref:624651)   #13
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Well this is concrete evidence. JV has been speaking about how tired he is of racing anyway. Rumor has it that he wants to race Karts. He believes there is a much better future there for him. I have an inside scoop that says BAR has bee eyeing Alex Yoong to replace Button too so they can have a full Asain driver line up. After all this is what Honda wants.

Sorry, I hope this was not too rude. I was just having some fun.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 17:37 (Ref:624762)   #14
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see JV out of bar and and some smart talking manager to get him into ferrari along side MS now that would be interesting and it would be great for F1
Old 8 Jun 2003, 19:12 (Ref:624832)   #15
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give the BAR seat to Sato.....

that will give you guys someone to slag off next year !...hehehhe
Old 8 Jun 2003, 20:25 (Ref:624935)   #16
peter mears
Rookie

peter mears should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another villeneuve in another ferrari
sounds good to me
Old 8 Jun 2003, 22:02 (Ref:625053)   #17
Jalt
Rookie

Jalt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by peter mears
another villeneuve in another ferrari
sounds good to me
yes it does pete but also a bit unlikely....

JV to toyota (to replace Panis)
Old 8 Jun 2003, 23:42 (Ref:625158)   #18
Coach44
Racer

Coach44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another useless thread
Old 9 Jun 2003, 00:10 (Ref:625174)   #19
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jessums Rossi don't post things like that without the evidence to back it up! Since this is the first site I check when siging on to the internet I almost had a heart attack when I saw the title of this thread! Had to check JV's site just to calm myself

Nevertheless I doubt he will retire next year unless he is dominated by Button FAIRLY!

I'm thinking Renault or BAR next year. The BAR chassis is quite good and Willis will only get better, if Honda gets the engine weight down they could be challenging the top three along with Renault.

I am however worried about a move to Renault for Jacques because it is likely that with his luck as soon as he makes the desision to sign with them Toyota will nab Gascoyne. If this happens to Renault, combined with their new engine approch, they could be headed downhill for another few years (at least no better option than BAR for JV).

Toyota is risky but if they get Gascoyne I think it could be the better move for JV. They have the money and apparently the engine is one of the best. However I still don't see them really challenging the top three till 2005 at the earliest.

So really it is a gamble between BAR, Renault and Toyota for JV, as any of these teams could be good in the future.

BAR- Provided Willis and Honda step up their game

Renault- If they can hang on to Gascoyne and can get their engine sorted.

Toyota- If they can get a top designer (Gascoyne?) and get their chassis sorted.

If at all possible JV should wait to hear about the Gascoyne situation before making his descision.

Of course the ideal situation would be a move to Williams (in place of Ralf) or McLaren (Coultard) which seems unlikely but not impossible. As these are the only teams IMO that will allow JV to have a legitimate title shot as soon as he steps into the team.
Alongside Shumi at Ferrari??? Could be great for F1 and for Ferrari but it's probably the most unlikely situation to occur in reality.

Last edited by TeddyG; 9 Jun 2003 at 00:14.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 03:39 (Ref:625274)   #20
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His only chance is Toyota if they let Panis go
Old 9 Jun 2003, 03:53 (Ref:625277)   #21
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, this has certainly been the most productive season for "bash JV" threads, thinly veiled or otherwise, since I've been posting. I, for one, am hoping Jacques gets some reliability this season, and a better car, wherever that may be, in '04.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 04:10 (Ref:625281)   #22
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Geez lighten up people...It was a joke!

I thought the last comment made it pretty obvious!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 04:36 (Ref:625289)   #23
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Lets be realistic here. JV has'nt and wont dominate Button, and Button has'nt and wont dominate Jacques. My normal stirring aside for Teddy's benefit , these 2 are both good drivers and neither seems to really have a clear advantage over the other.

The top 3 teams wont look at JV, there are too many younger drivers that are better and cost less. They don't have the luggage JV would bring with him either.

Does JV still have it? Maybe. Is there a team out there willing to take the risk? Maybe. Time will tell.

But I dont think he's ready to stop just yet.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 07:11 (Ref:625315)   #24
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Jessums Rossi don't post things like that without the evidence to back it up! Since this is the first site I check when siging on to the internet I almost had a heart attack when I saw the title of this thread! Had to check JV's site just to calm myself
Old 9 Jun 2003, 08:22 (Ref:625360)   #25
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude, Rossi, you are about 5 years late on this.