Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Nov 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1461053)   #1
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Washington Double Champion!

Well done Bryce, great to see you pull off both the championships!

Looks like the weekend was full of action, would have been great to see Washington and Hackett fight it out in the final round.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 00:49 (Ref:1461863)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it was a very unusual way to win a double championship for Washington. Well done to him, congratulations to him in his rookie GT year.

Can't wait to see the #1 of his car next year.

Any chance of ADRAB stumping up the $$$ for a GT3 RS or RSR
Old 16 Nov 2005, 02:31 (Ref:1461910)   #3
prn 31
Racer

prn 31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DRT, I'm sure that Washington has V8Supercar aspirations (like everyone else who wants to be paid to race! I doubt that he will come back to the GT series with a #1 on his Porsche and even less likely to end up with a GT3 RS!

That is, unless he can't find the right package from which to move up to V8Supercar.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 02:43 (Ref:1461915)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prn 31
DRT, I'm sure that Washington has V8Supercar aspirations (like everyone else who wants to be paid to race!
Might come as a surprise to you prn, not everyone dreams driving the 5 litre cars now or for the rest of their lives.

I am not sure of Bryce Washingtons aspirations or plans for 2006 or the future. His father used to be close to Britek untill that went south, so a future in the 5 litre series could very well be on the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prn 31
I doubt that he will come back to the GT series with a #1 on his Porsche and even less likely to end up with a GT3 RS!
Is this inside knowledge or some other attempt at looking important.

Whatever he heads to in 06, the future is looking bright for this talented South Australian
Old 16 Nov 2005, 05:22 (Ref:1461971)   #5
prn 31
Racer

prn 31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Might come as a surprise to you prn, not everyone dreams driving the 5 litre cars now or for the rest of their lives.

Uh, huh. But you've answered the question below regarding the Britek fiasco. V8Supercars is the ultimate target. Washington is a young guy coming up through the development series. There's no future for him staying in GT. regrettably. I like the GT class too DRT, but you can't forge a career in this category (well, unless you are a Jim Richards ....)

I am not sure of Bryce Washingtons aspirations or plans for 2006 or the future. His father used to be close to Britek untill that went south, so a future in the 5 litre series could very well be on the cards.

As I said, there are V8Supercar aspiration here. GTRMagic would have the inside line here, but I haven't seen his name mentioned in the V8 development Series.

Is this inside knowledge or some other attempt at looking important.

Neither, but thanks for asking ....

Whatever he heads to in 06, the future is looking bright for this talented South Australian
Lets wait and see. He was patchy in this years Carrera Cup, and ultimately this is the series that he needs to win (or place in the top 3) to progress in the professional ranks, and not GT.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1463124)   #6
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I've heaed, BW will be concentrating on Carrera Cup in 2006 with the new car. The progress he's shown in the second half of the year certainly bodes well for that, however.

Nothing officially confirmed re: his participation in any other series' next season though.