Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 7 Jul 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2723288)   #1
mark302
Rookie

England
West London UK
mark302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last Place to get good photos???

Is this the last place in the UK to get unrestricted photos.
Brands hatch Grand prix Circuit
The Fence is getting closer, but I thinK it still looks like the sixtys

Old 7 Jul 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2723292)   #2
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost anywhere at Cadwell and Mallory will get you some great photos. Both still relatively unspoilt and few if any fences, gravel traps and certainly no tarmac run off.
Old 7 Jul 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2723308)   #3
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton -almost everywhere except into the chicane, turn 1 and the complex. Be even better if the banking behind Noble opens ip to spectators.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2723406)   #4
mark302
Rookie

England
West London UK
mark302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't been to any of those places in years, so I must go again.
Thanks
Old 8 Jul 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2723420)   #5
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton is also pretty fence-free at the moment.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2723489)   #6
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mallory yesterday.

Taken from spectator viewing areas using a 40-150mm zoom.

Old 8 Jul 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2723533)   #7
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A few bikes from the afternoon session.

Old 8 Jul 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2723630)   #8
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's one from Cadwell. It's one of hundreds, but I think gives some of the atmosphere and has my old campervan in the background!
Attached Thumbnails
cad-1.JPG  
Old 8 Jul 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2723635)   #9
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
Here's one from Mallory that gives an idea of the uninterrupted views. Again I've got hundreds, but can't post all of them.
Attached Thumbnails
mp-3.JPG  
Old 13 Jul 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2726099)   #10
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's still a couple of places at Combe that are relatively fence-free. The exit of Quarry is a popular place.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2726205)   #11
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Rockingham there's always the top of the garages...

There's also a spot at the back of the paddock if they're using the infield where you can get a shot around the end of the fencing...

Old 14 Jul 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2726369)   #12
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The view from the inside of Westfield, Brands Hatch, is still very much the same.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2726479)   #13
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crystal Palace?
Old 14 Jul 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2726516)   #14
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those from Rockingham are the only opportunities to get frame filling shots from the public areas.

The pit garages - yes OK, but sideways pan after sideways pan is boring. The shot from Tarzan gets very crowded as well. If its a big meeting (BTCC etc) then you can do some creative shots from the grandstands to try and capture more of the atmosphere.

IMO its the worst circuit in the UK for photos from public areas.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2726532)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most hillclimbs give pretty good opportunities.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2727064)   #16
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Just about every circuit has it's 'spots' where you can take decent shots, from the paying side of the wall.
Some have more than others.
The trick is using your head... and eyes!
Old 15 Jul 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2727136)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Just about every circuit has it's 'spots' where you can take decent shots, from the paying side of the wall.
Some have more than others.
The trick is using your head... and eyes!
That's true Tim, but some of the locations offer terrible backdrops at all but the biggest meetings when they might at least be 'dressed' for the occasion.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2727196)   #18
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Anglesey is pretty good with great views

Old 15 Jul 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2727344)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No-ones mentioned Knockhill yet, which has probably the fewest areas of fencing going.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04261.jpg   DSC04491.jpg   DSC04524.jpg  

DSC04354.jpg  
Old 16 Jul 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2727588)   #20
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These were taken this morning at Brands Hatch!!!!

Here are some highlights from today, quite a few here btw

Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2727657)   #21
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Rob, no need to post so many pictures, although some in focus would be nice.

From the angle I suspect the ones showing the Yokohama bridge at Clearways were taken from the TV camera cut-out in the fence which isn't really in keeping with the point of this thread.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2727782)   #22
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Rob, no need to post so many pictures, although some in focus would be nice.

From the angle I suspect the ones showing the Yokohama bridge at Clearways were taken from the TV camera cut-out in the fence which isn't really in keeping with the point of this thread.
Fair enuf with the amount of pix, just wanted to show that there are some great places to take pix at brands, plus we're not all PRO'S with a camera, sorry they aren't up to your high standards of magazine quality!! No need for the patronising!

and I was behind the fence @ clearways as the Eurosport cameras were using the cut out, i was to his right.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2727819)   #23
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
Fair enuf with the amount of pix, just wanted to show that there are some great places to take pix at brands, plus we're not all PRO'S with a camera, sorry they aren't up to your high standards of magazine quality!!
What you've showed us is the same place half a dozen times. I'm not a pro and don't have magazine quality standards but surely just getting something in the frame in focus must be a bare minimum quality threshold for anyone.

Quote:
and I was behind the fence @ clearways as the Eurosport cameras were using the cut out, i was to his right.
I've used that position enough times myself but try it on a busy raceday and you will be banging elbows with a dozen other people. I thought this thread was about fence-free unrestricted views, not finding the smallest of gaps in the fence.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2727822)   #24
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
What you've showed us is the same place half a dozen times. I'm not a pro and don't have magazine quality standards but surely just getting something in the frame in focus must be a bare minimum quality threshold for anyone.
Cheers for the vote of confidence, there are a few that i am quite pleased with seeing its the first time i have tried msport photography.

Quote:
I've used that position enough times myself but try it on a busy raceday and you will be banging elbows with a dozen other people. I thought this thread was about fence-free unrestricted views, not finding the smallest of gaps in the fence.
Ok Ok, well all the other views i used today highlight some great spots at BH.

Dunno why we are in this debate tbh.

Anyway moving on................................
Old 16 Jul 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2727831)   #25
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paddock shots don't count :-)