Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Jul 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3110534)   #1
Eszter Hauber
Rookie

Eszter Hauber should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new series? You tell me ;)

Hey there,

I would like to ask for your help, guys.

I compete in the Formula Student competition (If you haven't heard of it yet, student teams design, manufacture, build and race theit own racecars here.)

Since it is not just about the on-track performance of the car, teams have to account for their theoretical knowledge and of these so-called static events is the Business Presentation Event. We assume giving a presentation to a board of investors (played by the judges) to raise money for starting a manufacturing company to produce these cars.

I found that our car is best suitable for the club-level single seater market.
You can check it out here http://www.facebook.com/FormulaRacingTeam and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8uuy...9q-oXEqu7_SpKg
(some tech specs: 220 kg, tubulare space frame, carbon fible bodywork, 599 ccm Yamaha R6 engine, 63 Nm, 7000 rpm, Drexler LSD, Öhlins spring&damper units)

I have been reading this forum to gain some understanding of how things go on this level but I thought it's best I ask you directly. I hope you don't mind and will hep me out.

Could you please answer these questions for me?

- What do you look for when you buy a racecar? Price/performance ratio, maintainability, tire-fuel consumption etc?

- What do you expect in terms of performance of a good racecar? (this one does 0-100 km/h in 3,6 sec and can reach 1,7 Gs in the corners)

- Would you avail yourself of a telemetry system? Would you like to have an extensive electronic system on your car? (paddle shifter, various sensors etc)

- Are you interested in adjustability? Could you exploite a wide range of possible set-ups? If not, what would you need to do so, a user guide or a mechanic/race enginner?

- Would you buy this car and compete in a 10-round season in the UK? How much do you think is a rational price for this car?

- Are you interested in mobile apps? You could order spare parts online or check the telemetry etc.

- What other cars do you think would be its biggest rivals on the market?

I'm purposely not starting a poll, I'd rather start a discussion if you're in

Thanks in advance,

Eszter

Tags
single seater