Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Apr 2015, 00:25 (Ref:3523238)   #26
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Updated participant figures tracker

---
Same for ELMS, made this today so completely new

Last edited by Deleted; 3 Apr 2015 at 00:33.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 01:02 (Ref:3523244)   #27
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chiana, that graph would be streamlined a great deal if the LM24 races were not included. After all, it's an invitational race (with maximum entries) that doesn't fit in any "trend". Just what I noticed anyway.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 01:16 (Ref:3523245)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of course the ELMS graph is free of Le Mans's influence, but in any case for the ILMC/WEC one, I'll upload one without LM in it a little bit later.

Anyway, at least with LM being there it tells how big gap there now is between that and "regular races", unlike before
Old 3 Apr 2015, 04:50 (Ref:3523253)   #29
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
WEC (and ELMS) Spotter Guide, brought to you by NISMO will be out towards the end of the week. Sorry, it maybe as late as Friday. 62 cars to draw up and do an update to IMSA Long Beach makes for a busy couple of weeks.

More details:- http://www.andyblackmoredesign.com/n...ms-return-2015

Will be available at www.spotterguides.com as per usual, a site hosted by Ten-Tenths
Old 3 Apr 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3523355)   #30
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Chiana, that graph would be streamlined a great deal if the LM24 races were not included. After all, it's an invitational race (with maximum entries) that doesn't fit in any "trend". Just what I noticed anyway.
Quote:
Of course the ELMS graph is free of Le Mans's influence, but in any case for the ILMC/WEC one, I'll upload one without LM in it a little bit later.

Anyway, at least with LM being there it tells how big gap there now is between that and "regular races", unlike before
Okay, here's the ILMC/WEC chart without Le Mans:

Old 3 Apr 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3523415)   #31
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
A shame there is no Nissan, was really looking forward to a 4 way scrap.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3523460)   #32
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Cross-posting this for relevance, feel free to delete if I've broken a rule or a mod wants to bring the relevant posts over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
There are a lot of posts backing Audi for a strong performance at Silverstone, but I'm not sure how much I can see that. I think Porsche will be strong, but running lower d/f than everyone else, but I can't see Toyota being beaten this time out. Audi weren't the strongest last year, and clearly had some problems with their cars being a bit unstable, so I imagine they'll be a little bit more cautious this year. Will be good to see Jarvis at Silverstone at last, though I guess he'll be the least experienced Audi driver for the circuit ironically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay
While it is true that we haven't seen the best of Toyota and it could be amazing, it could also be slightly disappointing with similar reasoning. Also, IIRC Audi were doing very well on race pace - I think they were leading and matching Toyota over the lap - until the rain came and everything fell to pot so it's not baseless to say they will do well here, or at least better than at other (less downforce heavy) circuits. The handling issues at Silverstone seemed to be a one-off because nothing similar happened during the rest of the season so I wouldn't hold that against the R18s either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
True, you're right that it's not really relevant for the rest of the year, too cold and damp, although COTA had similarities last year and any visit to the Nurburgring has potential to be Silverstonesque.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 07:15 (Ref:3523654)   #33
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
A shame there is no Nissan, was really looking forward to a 4 way scrap.
If the Nissan was there, it would still only be a 3 way scrap! The reason they are not going to be there is fairly obvious, the car is SLOW But I suppose there will be some P3 cars it can beat.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3523718)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It would still have been good to see it there.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3523719)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am hoping that although it is not actually racing Nissan will have a presence at the race and perhaps a car on display
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3523720)   #36
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it acceptable to ask about the "w" word and if any "r" is predicted?
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3523721)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
No it is not Maria, it was bad enough last year we want sun and warmth this year
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3523723)   #38
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Ask and you shall receive, although with it being more than a week out any prediction is no great shakes. By Wednesday you should have a good idea whether it's going to be 7 layers or 8.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:19 (Ref:3523725)   #39
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's quite non-commital, that's always a good sign with weather forecasts.

i know it's tradition and all, but surely a mostly dry warm race would give the speculative spectators there to see what it's all about a good impression? better than sideways rain anyway...
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:23 (Ref:3523727)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Last year was horrendous at the end, We left Club with the rain coming down, coming sideways and water coming over our shoes were completely soaked by the time we got back to the car.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 13:06 (Ref:3523772)   #41
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I am hoping that although it is not actually racing Nissan will have a presence at the race and perhaps a car on display
The full on PR circus is there, just nothing to race.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3523794)   #42
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Okay, here's the ILMC/WEC chart without Le Mans:

Thanks for posting. Interesting to see the car count history plotted. Would like to see WEC increase it's counts via special invites.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3523800)   #43
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also believe Audi is going to walk on this race. Their car have much more downforce than the other two and that's the main thing in Silverstone.

The good thing is that Porsche will probably start ahead and the Audis will have to overtake them on track and I'm looking forward to that battle
Old 4 Apr 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3523863)   #44
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
I also believe Audi is going to walk on this race. Their car have much more downforce than the other two and that's the main thing in Silverstone.

The good thing is that Porsche will probably start ahead and the Audis will have to overtake them on track and I'm looking forward to that battle
They might have too much downforce like last year and get left on the straights. Im not sure we can make any conclusions on who has what or where before they have ran on track at Silverstone. But it is expected that Audi will have one lap shorter stints. I think lmp1 will be in the 1:39's in qualifying with race pace in the low 1:41's, maybe high 1:40's if dry.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3523921)   #45
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Last year was horrendous at the end, We left Club with the rain coming down, coming sideways and water coming over our shoes were completely soaked by the time we got back to the car.
I think I was somewhere along the Hangar Straight when the race was halted and still had to get to the main car park. Thankfully I had a change of shoes & socks in the car as I poured water out of the bots I was wearing. This year can't be any worse could it (tempting fate!)
Old 5 Apr 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3523995)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
I think I was somewhere along the Hangar Straight when the race was halted and still had to get to the main car park. Thankfully I had a change of shoes & socks in the car as I poured water out of the bots I was wearing. This year can't be any worse could it (tempting fate!)
Fingers crossed, but will be packing some gear in the car just in case
Old 5 Apr 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3524030)   #47
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't make a prediction on winner as even after the prologue, I don't know who will be top. However I think I will be shocked at the difference in speed from even last year of the cars through becketts
Old 5 Apr 2015, 11:38 (Ref:3524055)   #48
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
I won't make a prediction on winner as even after the prologue, I don't know who will be top. However I think I will be shocked at the difference in speed from even last year of the cars through becketts
Me too, from Maggots to Copse is going to be amazing, also in Wellington to Brooklands.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 08:11 (Ref:3524270)   #49
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The weather for Friday looks quite nice, the other two days look pretty standard Silverstone, no rain predicted though.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3524295)   #50
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
The weather for Friday looks quite nice, the other two days look pretty standard Silverstone, no rain predicted though.
Bbc weather preduction has been improving over the past few days, now showing clear and sunny for Sunday. The first time I took Harry was 2005 when he was 7, the weather that year made last year look like a picnic. Harry will be with me on Sunday so it didn't put him off :-)