Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2022, 11:31 (Ref:4115328)   #1001
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
A couple of things I forgot to mention.

9 retirements! Wow

LMP2 Pro/Am. #45 Algarve.
Well done Algarve. Strong showing. Brilliant. Two extremes with the car. Pain on lap 1 and win!

Thanks for all the useful data, great work!
Old 13 Jun 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4115338)   #1002
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
by surprise winner toyota managed to cover 380 laps, which is in the same range of old and faster LMP1-H years, wonder if next year LMH/lmdh would be a little faster (something like 3.22) to get close to 390-400 laps. Provided yellow/red flags and weather.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 19:52 (Ref:4115445)   #1003
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We have uploaded the 1st batch of our usual race statistics in our race report:
http://gt-eins.de/Berichte2022/24h/L...al=Statistiken
Old 14 Jun 2022, 07:23 (Ref:4115488)   #1004
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool pic

https://twitter.com/davidperel/statu..._-07ZSfNg&s=19
Old 14 Jun 2022, 12:56 (Ref:4115544)   #1005
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nyck de Vries...

https://twitter.com/dhhracing/status...7UPtWuxLg&s=19
Old 15 Jun 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4115763)   #1006
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
We have uploaded the 1st batch of our usual race statistics in our race report:
http://gt-eins.de/Berichte2022/24h/L...al=Statistiken
These are fantastic, thanks for sharing.

The Hypercar graphs tell the story of the race very well. Toyota ran a ton of laps under 3:30 and nobody else did on a regular basis.

Alpine top speed was way down compared to the rest as well.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 17:00 (Ref:4115922)   #1007
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sophia floersch needs a bit more credit too. it seems rather inconvenient to a lot of people that now she’s in an environment that suits her she’s demonstrating just how quick she is.

i’m not one to big drivers up just because they’re women but she’s very good and will only get better from here. away from the car she has the perfect balance between using her gender for marketing and being a racing driver first and foremost.

on another women wot race note, lilou wadoux didn’t seem out of her depth considering her experience so far.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 01:51 (Ref:4115989)   #1008
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Felt for her on lap 1. Especially after last year. But just great driving across the entire race. I think with all the analytics these things get noticed too. Was good to see during the race as we were following the team.

And, of course, Aiken was top too.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 07:12 (Ref:4116012)   #1009
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure where to put the link to my Saturday photos - so here you go - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzUim3
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4116040)   #1010
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very good. Some interesting locations there.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4116041)   #1011
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Very good. Some interesting locations there.
More to come from Sunday in the next day or so.

I now see LM as a Silverstone GP type venue for photography needing a step and dodging the fences, etc. There also feels to be something not quite right about the best locations for shots at the Esses / Tertre Rouge being the platforms for disabled spectators ....
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4116045)   #1012
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post

I now see LM as a Silverstone GP type venue for photography needing a step and dodging the fences, etc. There also feels to be something not quite right about the best locations for shots at the Esses / Tertre Rouge being the platforms for disabled spectators ....
Yes, I'm looking for a step too. You appear to have gained access to the gap in the fence exiting the Ford chicane. There is a spot at the top of the hill from the first corner on the outside where you can shoot through a cut out in the top of the gate. Trouble is getting access is difficult, there were loads of people waithing when I got there on Sunday.

Frankly, I was knackered and carrying blisters on my feet so I didn't look too hard for locations, this time.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4116049)   #1013
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Yes, I'm looking for a step too. You appear to have gained access to the gap in the fence exiting the Ford chicane. There is a spot at the top of the hill from the first corner on the outside where you can shoot through a cut out in the top of the gate. Trouble is getting access is difficult, there were loads of people waithing when I got there on Sunday.

Frankly, I was knackered and carrying blisters on my feet so I didn't look too hard for locations, this time.
Patience is definitely required. The Dunlop chicane spot in front of the grandstand was fenced off on Sunday morning for no good reason that I could see, so the angle wasn't anywhere nearly as as good as Saturday evening (when the light was good, too).
Ford Chicane - I persuaded the "jacket orange" to let me stand just the other side of the grandstand fence - there's always a bunch of people who set up their chairs there which is no good if you can't get close to the fence.
I'll be doing a pistonclick.com report on Le Mans to update the 2019 report - https://www.pistonclick.com/2019-le-mans-24-hours and highlight some of the spots for photography.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4116050)   #1014
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Go on then, a few photos of mine here too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...77720299869328

1 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
2 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
3 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
5 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
8 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
153 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr

It was warm, it was busy. It felt like Le Mans.

I think some re-watches are in order for the next 12 months. I've been wanting to try and 'rank' the 11 races that I've done. Obviously there are so many experiences and intangibles you get during a Le Mans week that make the trip, but if you boil it purely down to the race itself, this one feels about a 4/10 edition. But I'd need to go back and watch some others and develop some criteria to be sure.

Fair play to Toyota. Essentially a faultless race. That is the Hypercar benchmark for everyone else now. As a contest knowing that it was over by about 2 hours in was kind of expected, yet still slightly deflating.

P2 was the big hope for close battles and instead up front we got this insane, incredibly dominant drive. Amazing from the #38 and a big statement from JOTA at a key time.

Unless I missed it, GT-Pro didn't give us a tonne of wheel to wheel racing. The BoP appeared to set the running order, but in the end this gave us by far the most storylines and was enjoyable in a different way to your average Pro battle. Gutted for Corvette to go out like that, especially when it was clearly 'their turn'. Sad to see this class go, or at least, I wish the new format could have mandated silver vs bronze. That might at least protect the on-track nose-to-tail action somewhat.

GT-Am - I need to have a look back at this as to how WeatherTech let it slip. More of a slow burn battle this one but with bronzes you've always got the possibility of big momentum shifts, whether it's in laptimes or mistakes. I really don't mind this class - but even better when its numbers are thinned slightly and more variety is coming in a few years.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4116052)   #1015
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
sophia floersch needs a bit more credit too. it seems rather inconvenient to a lot of people that now she’s in an environment that suits her she’s demonstrating just how quick she is.

i’m not one to big drivers up just because they’re women but she’s very good and will only get better from here. away from the car she has the perfect balance between using her gender for marketing and being a racing driver first and foremost.
Dunno about the second bit since she's a racing driver and IMO gender doesn't matter. However, you are right with the first point she's a great talent who will only get better.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 11:03 (Ref:4116054)   #1016
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes, I'm looking for a step too.
Like this guy?

(No idea how to make the forum show it the right way, sorry)
Attached Thumbnails
58B55DEC-C880-471F-AE3C-EB84BA42F971.jpeg  
Old 17 Jun 2022, 11:20 (Ref:4116057)   #1017
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not quite that extreme.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4116063)   #1018
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Like this guy?

I’ve found Wally!
Old 17 Jun 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4116066)   #1019
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Name:  58B55DEC-C880-471F-AE3C-EB84BA42F971.jpeg
Views: 44
Size:  70.0 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Like this guy?

I'm not sure of other methods - but I have found that images are rotated to be landscape. So I have cropped it to be such.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 06:55 (Ref:4116189)   #1020
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’ve found Wally!
Now can you find Odlaw?
Old 18 Jun 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4116207)   #1021
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
In the eighties when i first went, i was in the area infront of stands opposite the pits for the start and loads of people had step ladders and even seats hung fron the rafters under the stands. They had a much better view than the rest of us as we were very tightly packed
Old 18 Jun 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4116209)   #1022
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Did you get out to Mulsanne Corner? The extended viewing area there now has a rather nice stretch where you can shoot over the fence......

I was quite surprised that I could get some decent shots from the outside of Tertre Rouge through the fence with the lens wide open....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0549c.JPG   IMG_0247a.JPG  
Old 18 Jun 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4116223)   #1023
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Did you get out to Mulsanne Corner? The extended viewing area there now has a rather nice stretch where you can shoot over the fence......

I was quite surprised that I could get some decent shots from the outside of Tertre Rouge through the fence with the lens wide open....
Sunday now on Flickr - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzUazj

Haven't been out to Mulsanne or Arnage for many years so probably ought to go there again next year !
Old 18 Jun 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4116233)   #1024
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sunday now on Flickr - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzUazj

Haven't been out to Mulsanne or Arnage for many years so probably ought to go there again next year !
I think you should. The viewing bank at Indianapolis is for me, the best place to watch now on the entire circuit and for us, the 'go to' place for the middle of the night.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 17:02 (Ref:4116258)   #1025
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
5 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
I love this one... Looks like a quite ride on the british country