Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jan 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4140849)   #2876
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He can't help being welsh!
Old 21 Jan 2023, 15:33 (Ref:4140850)   #2877
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
It's not being Welsh as I could listen to Cerys Matthews all day!
Old 22 Jan 2023, 08:46 (Ref:4140901)   #2878
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think he's done well considering he came in as an outsider. He's definitely grown more and gels well with the pundits, especially DC and Mark and knows the questions to ask the drivers and team bosses. Plus he has a good mix of serious and fun.
Old 22 Jan 2023, 17:23 (Ref:4140919)   #2879
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I rate Steve Jones very highly actually , he is an excellent anchor . Quick witted, inquiring and engaging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I concur. Its somewhat delusional to expect ex drivers to front a show. Back in the day James H had Murray to do the leading. Steve J has personality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
He's also very good at controlling the 'experts' when they get too involved for the less knowledgeable viewers by asking a 'naive' question so that they explain themselves.
I think he does a great job.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4141254)   #2880
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like Johnny Herbert is leaving Sky https://twitter.com/johnnyherbertf1/...GKzb4fnuw&s=19
Old 26 Jan 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4141262)   #2881
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wonder what he will do now?
Old 26 Jan 2023, 10:22 (Ref:4141270)   #2882
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also Paul "Mershedes" di Resta has been let go "by mutual agreement".
Old 26 Jan 2023, 19:30 (Ref:4141331)   #2883
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Reported here in Oz yesterday as both Herbert and Di Resta gone from the commentary team - personally I think it's a shame, like what both have had to say and think that they both add to the broadcast.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4141332)   #2884
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thats a shame. They will be missed. There are others I would have dropped before either Herbert or Di Resta. Croft being one.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 20:08 (Ref:4141333)   #2885
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah i liked them both as well. Herbert more so as i thought he had a very amicable quality and generally spoke to the drivers in a relaxed way.

but that SKY crew was way too big and a reduction in size might do the broadcast better?
Old 28 Jan 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4141512)   #2886
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Herbert had been phased out over the last few seasons as Button, Hill and Rosberg became more prominent.

DiResta is a real but understandable loss as he is still a professional driver. Now that Peugeot have their HyperCar up and running doing both WEC and ELMS, his availability was going to be reduced.

If Ant Davidson continues with WEC Commentary on Eurosport and Merc sim driving, and Rosberg remotely appearing at 5 or 6 events, the analysis could be seen as lacking in “recent” F1 drivers at some events.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4141879)   #2887
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly they are still using Kravitz who really adds nothing to the coverage.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 12:12 (Ref:4141896)   #2888
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Sadly they are still using Kravitz who really adds nothing to the coverage.
At least he's done something no one else has done. Get Christian Horner to not want to appear on TV!
Old 29 Jan 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4142044)   #2889
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
At least he's done something no one else has done. Get Christian Horner to not want to appear on TV!
Still the best TV moment - up with Topgear Panis “what is this Morris Sh!tb@x”?!
Old 30 Jan 2023, 10:01 (Ref:4142196)   #2890
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Jennie Gow posted tweeted over the weekend. She's indergoing rehabilitation and it sounds like it's a struggle. Thanking friends and family for their support.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 11:01 (Ref:4142201)   #2891
S griffin
Veteran

That's nice to hear from her. At least she's in good hands and she has plenty of support too.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4142253)   #2892
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's nice to hear from her. At least she's in good hands and she has plenty of support too.
Poor thing hard to come back from although Chef Raymond Blanc is a shining light of hope
Old 25 Feb 2023, 09:47 (Ref:4144854)   #2893
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see where Autosport have published the C4 & sky F1 commentry teams for this year. C4 looks unchanged from last year, as I don't watch sky I can't comment.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f1...nel-4/5854877/
Old 25 Feb 2023, 10:57 (Ref:4144855)   #2894
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=wolfhound;4144854]I see where Autosport have published the C4 & sky F1 commentry teams for this year. C4 looks unchanged from last year, as I don't watch sky I can't comment.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f1...nel-4/5854877/[/
Old 3 Mar 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4145623)   #2895
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Gee whiz out and about today so tuned into Radio 5 coverage The level of commentary is just so Hospital radio - or worse it’s mind bending. When they got Hysterical at Stroll going fastest I just had to switch off. Is this the best BBC can do?
Old 3 Mar 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4145633)   #2896
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Gee whiz out and about today so tuned into Radio 5 coverage The level of commentary is just so Hospital radio - or worse it’s mind bending. When they got Hysterical at Stroll going fastest I just had to switch off. Is this the best BBC can do?

It's pretty dire. As I don't have a Sky subscription I don't have much choice, if I want a race commentary.
Old 3 Mar 2023, 20:49 (Ref:4145656)   #2897
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm trying out F1TV. It's interesting. It isn't bad so far but it has lacked personality a bit.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4145687)   #2898
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I don't have sky bit this is fun. https://twitter.com/ConorSketches/st...POm1vqfSg&s=19
Old 4 Mar 2023, 10:17 (Ref:4145694)   #2899
S griffin
Veteran

I can't be bothered with Sky either, no need to for me.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 10:30 (Ref:4145697)   #2900
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes good isn't he! Conor and that Farley chap do some great work! Lol

Tags
pinks