Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2023, 22:45 (Ref:4142925)   #51
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
So two almost identical liveries and a black and white Haas. Not a high bar to clear for the rest of the grid.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4142938)   #52
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Today its Alfa Romeo / Sauber's turn to reveal

10:00 AM CET, so just under an hour from now (45 minutes to be precise)
Live Stream link follows

https://youtu.be/bZep6SIcfcI
Old 7 Feb 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4142940)   #53
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any chance of actually seeing a 2023 car at some point?
Old 7 Feb 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4142944)   #54
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More black from AlfaRomeo, in an unimaginative black front with Red down the nose and on the rear.
At least they have a title sponsor
Old 7 Feb 2023, 10:17 (Ref:4142949)   #55
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!

I quite like it, although not blown away.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4142950)   #56
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
More black from AlfaRomeo, in an unimaginative black front with Red down the nose and on the rear.
Still some weight issues out there I think, especially lower down the grid...
Old 7 Feb 2023, 10:48 (Ref:4142951)   #57
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Still some weight issues out there I think, especially lower down the grid...
Yep - "black" = unpainted carbon fibre. I'm sure last season we saw some teams having more black as the season went on as they tried to shave weight off the car.

I thought the Alfa was one of the lighter cars last season (certainly at the start of the year I seem to remember it was one of the few being touted as under the weight limit). Maybe it's gained a few pounds over the winter.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 13:00 (Ref:4142965)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No major sponsor(s)?

Isn't Gulf the major sponsor? They are the first in the list of Williams Racing's partners and then there is the livery.

https://www.williamsf1.com/partners
Old 7 Feb 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4142969)   #59
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Looks a little like an Audi livery? A little Marussia as well. I do like the wheel covers tho.

Hard to tell from the dark pictures but this looks like an actual 2023 car? Engine cover/packaging larger, nose different and more bit on the floor?
Old 7 Feb 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4142976)   #60
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post

I quite like it, although not blown away.
Got to be a record - the “car” is already for sale!
Old 7 Feb 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4142980)   #61
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The final Alfa car. Why have they gone from Red and White to Red and Black? I preferred the former, reminded so much of the Marlboro colours. Maybe that's why....

Be interesting to see if Williams go for Gulf colours as has been suggested
Old 7 Feb 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4142994)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too much black,

I preferred last year's car.

Old 7 Feb 2023, 16:01 (Ref:4142996)   #63
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2023 moustache launch is pretty sweet tho!

Old 7 Feb 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4142999)   #64
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Looks a little like an Audi livery? A little Marussia as well. I do like the wheel covers tho.

Hard to tell from the dark pictures but this looks like an actual 2023 car? Engine cover/packaging larger, nose different and more bit on the floor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Too much black,

I preferred last year's car.

They do mention there's some red bull inspiration. These back to back pics show a significant difference in side pod inlet shape, which does start to look like a high pod that red bull had.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4143001)   #65
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The final Alfa car. Why have they gone from Red and White to Red and Black? I preferred the former, reminded so much of the Marlboro colours. Maybe that's why....
No, weight.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 17:22 (Ref:4143008)   #66
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Any chance of actually seeing a 2023 car at some point?
We'll see some at the Bahrain test in a couple of weeks although the final versions may not all be seen until the Bahrain race weekend.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 17:45 (Ref:4143013)   #67
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
As well as being unveiled to the public, the Alfa Romeo F1 Team Stake C43 is now up for auction on F1 Authentics on https://Inkd.in/ exnKxxA4.
It is expected to reach in excess of £400,000.
This marks the first time ever that a Launch Car has been made available to own at the time of official launch.
For full press release, please contact Laura Sexton in our team here.
Formula 1
#alfaromeof1teamstake #alfaromeo #f1 #formula1 #formulaone #f1partnership #sportsmemorabilia #f1racecars #f1showcars
#2023f1carlaunch #f1carlaunch #sportspartnership #2023f1season
Old 7 Feb 2023, 19:11 (Ref:4143019)   #68
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is it time to have a moan about how long the cars are still?
Old 7 Feb 2023, 19:11 (Ref:4143020)   #69
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Isn't Gulf the major sponsor? They are the first in the list of Williams Racing's partners and then there is the livery.

https://www.williamsf1.com/partners
With "no major sponsors" I mean there's no big logo on the engine cover and sidepod.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4143028)   #70
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
With "no major sponsors" I mean there's no big logo on the engine cover and sidepod.
Right. Pick whatever name you want such as "title sponsor" or "primary sponsor", etc. It is clear Williams doesn't have one. I think each team will have a "rate card" in which if you buy in at the top, you can add your name to the team, pick the colors and/or livery, and the cheapest thing on the rate card gets your name somewhere in small print!

It's clear the team is running their colors and their livery, the team is not renamed, they don't have anything in the prime spots on the car such as the sidepods. Given how much Gulf is mentioned in the launch, etc. it sounds like they are up at the top of all of the sponsors, but not quite at title sponsor level.

I expect part of this is also that Williams is holding firm on their advertising rates as well??? There probably was tremendous pressure for Gulf to be title sponsor, but at a lower rate than what Williams wanted to accept. If they cave in when negotiating, they then devalue their ability to earn sponsorship money. In short, you don't want to sell your title sponsorship cheap. Even if you are at the back of the grid.

Richard
Old 7 Feb 2023, 21:43 (Ref:4143042)   #71
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Dorilton Capital seems to be a bit of a mystery still. they are an investment firm so i assume they like money but they dont seem to be going after major sponsorship or deep pocket pay drivers anymore.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 23:50 (Ref:4143052)   #72
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Dorilton Capital seems to be a bit of a mystery still. they are an investment firm so i assume they like money but they dont seem to be going after major sponsorship or deep pocket pay drivers anymore.
IMHO...

I think they are going after sponsors. They may be holding the line on not selling space on the car cheap (see my post above regarding their rate card) As to pay drivers, they probably want to claw off the back of the grid. All speak to being a focus on performance and increasing value of the team. I think they are doing the right thing.

Richard
Old 8 Feb 2023, 00:29 (Ref:4143056)   #73
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is it time to have a moan about how long the cars are still?
You can if you want, but the rule is 3600mm maximum wheelbase so that's what they are. There is still a big empty space between the engine and gearbox where there is a spider frame, where various suspension parts are placed inside.

The teams refused the FIA's original suggestion of a 3400mm (IIRC) maximum wheelbase rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Got to be a record - the “car” is already for sale!
I assume they are genuine bodywork parts made in the real moulds. But is this an interpretation of the rules where since these parts are going on a show car, they don't count to the budget cap? So they can refine the process for the examples that go on the actual racecar?

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 8 Feb 2023 at 00:37.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4143073)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
2023 moustache launch is pretty sweet tho!

Yes, it's gonna be strange to see him without it now
Old 8 Feb 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4143077)   #75
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
THe williams looks good, and if you squint you can almost see sponsors