Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Jul 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2499856)   #51
Adrian Fuller
Rookie

Adrian Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
Ive still got clarkins sunbeam, Its been developed a fair bit over the years and ive taken it back a peg or two to run in TTRS. Ive had the car 10 Years now, but still havent mastered building a decent lotus engine yet! Speaking of big bangs i still see Nick Davies and am trying to persuade him out in TTRs also.
Phil and Mike Seaman are both busy boys running Ronchettis sunbeam, and Woody is hard at work sorting out Aston Le mans cars. He still has his 2.6 Sunbeam also.
All the best Cheers JON

Hi Jon

Can I have my jerry-can back please..........Nick Davies borrowed it for half an hour Easter 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian
Old 12 Jul 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2499858)   #52
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sheraton View Post
thats the sort of door decal we want for our BMW
but with CTCRC on it instead, because i feel the circular emblem seems a bit dated for the later cars such as pre 93, although it suits the 60s and 70s
Mike we did some square ones we produced purely for the Bimmers, there should be some about still if not badger for them and maybe we can produce some more.

Nice to see you back Ade, must get down the garage now and finish that engine off as we have a head to head at Lydden soon!
Old 12 Jul 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2500312)   #53
Adrian Fuller
Rookie

Adrian Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Mike we did some square ones we produced purely for the Bimmers, there should be some about still if not badger for them and maybe we can produce some more.

Nice to see you back Ade, must get down the garage now and finish that engine off as we have a head to head at Lydden soon!
That's true Al .I'm fresh back from Cyprus and I'm nearly ready to go .Twin Cam Tommy is sorting out my gearbox this week and I'm testing at Brands on the 21st (In my friend Spencers Mac 1 Kawasaki ninja kit Car!)to blow the cobwebs away ...........................
Old 4 Nov 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2575604)   #54
Will D
Rookie

Will D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi All...especially Al Weyman !!

Not sure if you remember me Al? (Will Davis). I raced a 2 litre Sierra in class C of the Falken Tyres Modified Production Saloon series. I think I came up to your gaff and bought a Ford 205 block from you once? I ran a full season in 1992 and the first few races of 1993, but was forced to quit for financial reasons.
I was never able to be very competitive and could only just about afford to be on the grid to be honest, but I enjoyed myself big time. My best finish was 5th in class at Thruxton and I finished the 92 season about mid table in class C I think. (I still have many of the old programs and some RSCC paperwork!).

It's great to see all of the old names mentioned on here. I remember your thundering white Camaro too! Awesome!
I will try to dig out some pics to scan and get on here! I even have a video somewhere!

Cheers
Will
Old 4 Nov 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2575666)   #55
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that a black sierra that you rolled at Cadwell
Old 4 Nov 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2575820)   #56
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Will, yes I think I remember you, I think how I had the Ford stuff was I was going to do a Mercury Merkur (XR4Ti) with a Roland Hayes engine as Cossies were banned but after getting a great genuine Motorsport shell that had never been used and had a cage fitted and all and a few bits together then wimped out and went back to Chevies. I think with Roland's help the Merkur would have been a sure winner. I remember him saying in his laid back way that we would start off with a modest reliable 350 bhp from the 2.4 American Mustang turbo engine and turn the wick up if that didnt do the job!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 4 Nov 2009 at 19:52.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2576363)   #57
Will D
Rookie

Hi Andy.
No, that wasn't me. My Sierra was sky blue (almost the same colour as Craig Davis' Sapphire if you remeber that?). But I did have an "off" at Cadwell as it goes. I went straight on into the tyres on the left-hander at the bottom of the Mountain in the wet during quali in 92. But it wasn't a big one and we managed to "un-bend" the car for the race!

Hi Al
Yep, that all sounds very familiar. I seem to recall the block being rebored to 2.2 (or did I do that after I bought it from you, I can't remember). Yeah, I agree, the Merkur would have done well in the mod prods. Actually, I think it was from you I also learned about the Sierra XR8? Which sold in South Africa and had a V8 fitted? That would have been a good one as well I reckon!
Re-the sort of "where are they now" subject earlier on this thread. Sadly, after having no success with selling it complete, I broke up my Sierra and sold it as spares about 8 years ago

Cheers
Will
Old 5 Nov 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2576374)   #58
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Craigs Sapphire who can forget that. Copious amounts of money spent on it after he converted it from a race winning HT Pinto engined 2.4 to a normally aspirated Cossie on slide throttle injection and I swear the thing never went much better. Wailed like a banshee down the straight through those long trumpets. He was always trying to catch Andy Clarkin in the ex-Ian Khan Cavalier was'nt he? and what about Peter Barnes ex-Brock V8 Commodore, would I like to own that car now especially for what he paid for it off Ric Wood.

I cannot remember boring the block Will I think it came with the Seirra roller I bought as I needed the 2.4 American Pinto which is actually a different engine although the same family.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2576532)   #59
Will D
Rookie

I think you might be right Al come to think of it, I did get it done myself. I might be wrong, but I seem to racall my engine guy recommending Granada 2.8 V6 pistons, which were the right diamater after the rebore to 2.2!
Yes, Craig's Sapphire would have probably given one of Andy Rouse's Cossies a run for it's money! (Just joking of course!).

I rememeber Pete Barne's bottle green Capri, but I think I had left the series by the time he was racing the Commodore. I would have loved to have seen (and heard) that! I do love a good V8 burble.

They were great times. I will try to dig out the video I have and youtube it if I can
Old 5 Nov 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2576581)   #60
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Look forward to it Will.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2576653)   #61
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, talking of video's Al?
Old 5 Nov 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2576665)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
If you can tell me how to rip a DVD I will post it up.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2576715)   #63
John Hammersley
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stone Staffordshire
John Hammersley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My class winning XR2 was sold. My mulitiple class winning Astra was broken up. Despite my advancing years I have managed 2nd in the LMA Eurosaloons supertourer chamionship, and 3rd in the CSCC Tin-Tops this year. Come on Andy Clarkin, Ray Donner, Mike Helm, Et Al, (Al Weyman that is!) where are you? - John Hammersley
Old 6 Nov 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2576876)   #64
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammersley View Post
My class winning XR2 was sold. My mulitiple class winning Astra was broken up. Despite my advancing years I have managed 2nd in the LMA Eurosaloons supertourer chamionship, and 3rd in the CSCC Tin-Tops this year. Come on Andy Clarkin, Ray Donner, Mike Helm, Et Al, (Al Weyman that is!) where are you? - John Hammersley
Ray has had the odd outing in my car and I keep trying to talk Andy C into coming back
Old 6 Nov 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2576877)   #65
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will D View Post
Hi Andy.
No, that wasn't me. My Sierra was sky blue (almost the same colour as Craig Davis' Sapphire if you remeber that?).
Off course I remember it. I spent all my spare time on that car when not working on mine
Old 6 Nov 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2576912)   #66
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hiya John how are you my old friend? Well I am still here as you can see from my post count! BTW did you manage to keep the weight off, I remember you returned after an off season break and had ben seriously working out and dieting and lost so much weight I never even recognised you!

Andy do you remember yourself and the East London/Essex mafia (rent a crowd :-) ) coming to the AGM and getting Craig's proposition for a normally aspirated Cossie past? Bad nights work that for Craig more than anyone else as I recon even with his fat wallet it must have felt somewhat deflated after the amount of money he spent trying to get it a scant second or two faster than it was with the HT oversized Pinto engine (did it ever go that much quicker I can't remember you would know but I know it still struggled against the Sunbeams etc. I remember Roland telling me the engine was designed as a turbo and as such would never work properly as a normally aspirated but those things are beyond me ) . Sounded good though :-)

Last edited by Al Weyman; 6 Nov 2009 at 10:35.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2579802)   #67
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
micky rason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi will remember me one of the rason brothers? great times them and at one stage i was thinking of converting my XR4 into a mercur or XR8 i think either would have been competitive especially the mercur i spoke to some yank guy at an air base over here who had one featured in a ford mag it was awesome and he gave me some interesting help. ended up building the red mini pictured earlier in thread courtesy Andy pipe.
If you have any vids that have me in i would love to see. either the blue and yellow car or the red one would be great.
regards Mick
Old 10 Nov 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2579805)   #68
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
micky rason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
blimey John Hammersley
i remember that blue XR2. i remember the funniest thing you said to me at snett after practice when i saw you coming in my mirror on to revitt and waved you past but you didn't pass till the end of the straight. you said "next time you wave me past could you slow down cos your car is f*?ing fast!"
great . shame it didn't go round corners as quick eh still i gave you guys a run for your money.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2580110)   #69
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Johns still racing Mick, I think its about time we see you out again next season!
Old 16 Nov 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2582550)   #70
Will D
Rookie

Hi Mick.
Yes, I sure do mate! Good to hear from you. I remember you and your brother John's Minis well. And.. absolutely re-the XR8!! Talking of Sierras, I seem to recall a guy who raced an XR4i? I recall seeing his car at Brands in particular. I think his name was Andrew?, but his sirname escapes me. I will have a dig for my old race programmes as I am sure it will be in there.
And I found my old home video of the 92 series by the way!. It centres mostly on my car, but there are some shots of most of the others too. It is on VHS and the quality isn't brilliant. I just need to find time to transfer it to PC for YouTubing !!
Old 16 Nov 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2582643)   #71
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
That was Andrew McKenzie who raced with us before an aborted attempt at the BTCC with a privateer Pegueot 405 entry. The car ran with desiamesed exhaust port heads that the committee gave him permission to run but to be frank I think it was not that competitive for the amount of money spent on it, he also had a crack in the Opel Monza he bought from Brian Sheridan or still owned by him as they were mates, the car looked fabulous and had fortunes lavished on it but again was troublesome as I recollect it suffered from crankshaft problems even Roland Hayes failed to sort it out. It featured in CCC if anyone has a picture of the article they can scan an post it would be interesting.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2582649)   #72
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
There is a few in this shot from Brands, any one recognise the drivers/cars?

Old 16 Nov 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2582967)   #73
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
id say the silver car is yours al
Old 16 Nov 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2582971)   #74
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
Blue Camaro-Ellis Bergman
White Camaro-Al Weyman
Red Capri-David Fuller
Black Rover-Ray Webb
Old 16 Nov 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2583063)   #75
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Right so far Andy P (it was white Big Andy). And the white Rover and yellow Mk 2?