Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Mar 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3042301)   #26
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argh.

There is a perfectly good circuit in San Luis!
Old 16 Mar 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3042316)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Needs more hairpins.
Old 17 Mar 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3042978)   #28
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1

Argh.

There is a perfectly good circuit in San Luis!
If I could choose one site into the Argentine to organize a GP, this would be Mar del Plata, because the city is very beautiful, with nice beachs, a very beautiful coastal avenue with ups and downs, and of course a big hotel infraestructure and international airport. Mar del Plata have near 1 000 000 of people and receive 3 000 000 of tourist all years in January and February, the summer in this part of the globe.
But this is not the realy reason of the Mar del Plata election. The election is only for politic
By importance and number of people (14 000 000) the GP should be in Buenos Aires, but this city has no natural beauty and I very happy that Mar del Plata is the city elected. But the realy reason because Buenos Aires was not chosen is that the governor of the city is a political party opposed to the national government.
Our national government (in my opinion, the worst of the history) only makes things for their own interesting and do not import if this is good for the country.
San Luis is 800 Km from Buenos Aires, It is a very beautiful place. The local Governor did a fantastic circuit in Potrero de los Funes, but this province has only 431000 people and has not the necessary infrastructure to receive the GP. Also the local Governor is a political party opposed to the national government too. Then is impossible that the GP will be race here.
I hope you can understand only speak basic english.

Last edited by hondafan37; 17 Mar 2012 at 16:58.
Old 17 Mar 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3042987)   #29
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Where will be the pit lane entrance/exit anyway ?
The pit building is the purple rectangle, but I do not know how the pit lane will be.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3049675)   #30
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems like there is interest in a GP in Thailand with support coming from Red Bull ( where the drink was first developed). However it seems to be very speculative at the moment but Bernie will love the idea to up his fees.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/
Old 27 Mar 2012, 23:34 (Ref:3049760)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
This is the Mar del Plata street circuit
http://autoblog.com.ar/2012/03/asi-s...-la-formula-1/
That looks like rubbish to be honest...
Old 28 Mar 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3049840)   #32
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
At least the layout should have a few rather good overtaking points. Hell, they could very possibly disable DRS altogether and still do alright.

As for Thailand, I think they still probably have a HUGE amount of work to do on a very basic level after last year's incredible flooding, which even inundated a good portion of Bangkok.
Old 28 Mar 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3049934)   #33
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know this is the wrong place but anyway. A couple of years ago I got a KMZ file off one of the tt members which had all the circuits old and new around the world which loaded in Google Earth, would anyone know where I can get it now?
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3054507)   #34
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Here's a bit of an update on the matter.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...ntina-in-2013/
Old 13 Apr 2012, 04:17 (Ref:3058167)   #35
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
This is a virtual simulation in Mar del Plata Street circuit
http://youtu.be/DBaInrpCEsI
Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3058415)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like a Indy track.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3058474)   #37
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I don't see a particular association with Indy Cars in this track. Also, though it's a street circuit, F1 already has five non-permanent tracks on the schedule; New Jersey should add to that total next year as well.

On the ground, the track definitely looks more interesting than the map would initially let on. The video from the 1984 F2 race gives a nice idea of what the middle of the course is like.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3058551)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Ahn... the simulation, looks like some track from the Indy championship, can't tell which one but it makes me remember racing in rFactor with Indy tracks, that's it.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3059335)   #39
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It seems like there is interest in a GP in Thailand with support coming from Red Bull ( where the drink was first developed). However it seems to be very speculative at the moment but Bernie will love the idea to up his fees.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/
I'd love to see it in Thailand

...and the original Red Bull is still made and sold throughout Southeast Asia in its short stubby gold can... tastes better than the skinny tall blue/silver Red Bull cans from Austria in my opinion
Old 15 Apr 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3059547)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Thailand, here we go...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3060436)   #41
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pie in the sky maybe, but a Caribbean Grand Prix held somewhere like Grand Cayman. Formula One, partying, good weather, offshore banking, tax dodging, all fits together.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3060527)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bridges between islands... fantasy track.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3060554)   #43
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
This is a virtual simulation in Mar del Plata Street circuit
http://youtu.be/DBaInrpCEsI

That makes it look somewhat better than it does in the picture, but only slightly. I hate Valencia and it still appeals to me more than this.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3060609)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

A new Valencia ?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:55 (Ref:3060622)   #45
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah when i saw the first section i was thinking 'please no not another valencia'. Section 2 through the grassy bit adds variety. While the third sector that looks a bit like an indy street course looks good.

Please more monaco, long beach, pau, detroit or macau rather than valencia, but i dont hold much hope if herman is designing :S
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3060635)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
While the third sector that looks a bit like an indy street course looks good.
That's what I said before...
Old 17 Apr 2012, 01:32 (Ref:3060640)   #47
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Well, it's basically an extension of some of the old street circuits that used to hold events.

This video shows a short layout (about 1.2 miles) that is sort of the center section of the bigger F1 proposal (probably about 3.5 miles around). And while the F1 layout appears to be run clockwise, this iteration ran anticlockwise in this case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lu_Q5afB5A

What I like about this one compared to Valencia are the elevation changes, the grassy areas, and the fact that there don't seem to be nearly as many of those extra little kinks and bends to mess things up in some critical areas. The braking zones look more straightforward, with with better opportunities to get alongside someone before the major braking zones. Also, Mar del Plata has five good "straights", which are pretty straight for the most part, whereas Valencia really just has two, with the other three flat-out stretches having more significant corners in the middle of them.

Even with Tilke "designing" this, the existing roads, buildings, etc limit what he can mess with.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 02:03 (Ref:3060650)   #48
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
All future tracks should look like Spa with different signage..
Old 17 Apr 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3060886)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That would be a dream come true.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3060946)   #50
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I did a topic a while back somewhere on here asking the question: 'Why do we have no genuinely fast new tracks?'

It just seems strange what with the significant progress we've made in chassis safety and run-off technology (including things like tecpro barriers etc) that we don't have one.

Use say, T8 at Turkey as an example of how high speed works safety wise today. No injuries (as far as I know), and certainly no fatalities.

What if we had a circuit that comprised mainly of that? It'd be quite the spectacle.. And a big time USP for a Grand Prix.

Plus, it'd add the element of variation that the calendar desperately needs.

Selby