Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3417907)   #276
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Seeing as you take the tram out, I'd just drop off at Carrefour, and buy a few bits n bobs, then carry on with a few free beers!
Old 10 Jun 2014, 00:55 (Ref:3417916)   #277
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Saturday morning it gets very busy very early. Better to arrive early and spend more time in the village than waste hours in a traffic jam
It is my first year with a Vert pass, I've had blanc & bleu in the past so know how busy it can be along the road by those car parks. With your advice in mind, I will stick to an early start on Saturday morning and can try out the route on Thursday afternoon to the garage vert parking. I'm not sure that we can make the TT meeting on Saturday but will hopefully bump into a few forum members at some point over the weekend
Old 10 Jun 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3418256)   #278
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are in Vert too; can anyone provide an estimate on driving time from Tours to that car park on Saturday morning? We really want to be trackside for the Legends race if poss. Ta
Old 10 Jun 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3418260)   #279
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
We are in Vert too; can anyone provide an estimate on driving time from Tours to that car park on Saturday morning? We really want to be trackside for the Legends race if poss. Ta
By A28, about one hour, depending on where you are in Tours.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3418265)   #280
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Pascal. Cant wait to be there.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 23:46 (Ref:3418376)   #281
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseo88 View Post
Yes! My plan is to put one of those Decathlon 3 legs stools inside the hand luggage, but i'm afraid airport security may think i'm gonna hit someone with it... and i'm not going to check-in anything.

Thanks GT6 because 10€ may worth avoiding discussions at the airport, although i may loose it at the come-back airport...
I'm sure if you have it in your hand luggage you'll be fine - I've taken a monopod separate from my bag through security before!
Old 11 Jun 2014, 07:08 (Ref:3418433)   #282
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
I'm sure if you have it in your hand luggage you'll be fine - I've taken a monopod separate from my bag through security before!
Well, i fly from Seville (Spain) to Beauvais (North Paris) and the folding stool is almost 60 cm height when folded. It fits really tight in the hand luggage and they may say that i can hit someone really hard with it.... I think i'm gonna leave it at home and buy the stool at the circuit.

Thanks for your advices! Just 2 days to the trip!
Old 12 Jun 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3419502)   #283
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alright, where do you buy ice at in France? Do they even have it? Tried a giant e le clerc that had all one could need, but no ice.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 00:58 (Ref:3419712)   #284
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
Alright, where do you buy ice at in France? Do they even have it? Tried a giant e le clerc that had all one could need, but no ice.
No, if you need a block. On the other hand you can ask for some flake ice at the fishmonger section at Leclerc's, and it's free.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 07:41 (Ref:3419784)   #285
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3423198)   #286
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Carrefour sells bags of ice.

(I realise this is rather late but for future reference)

Last edited by wewantourdarbyback; 17 Jun 2014 at 19:49. Reason: Removing errant hyperlink
Old 20 Jun 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3424110)   #287
kaseo88
Rookie

I would like to thank to PascalLM, GT6, aysedasi and everyone who helped me with my questions. You guys had made my first LM experience perfect. Without your tips, maps, explanations and advices I may have lost that wonderful sunrise at Arnage, or get lost driving to PVert… This forum can be proud of users like you.

I would like to add my own advices based on my personal experience:

• T34 grandstand:
- Avoid buying the first three rows since people stands up over the fence and your vision at the start of the race can be impeded (I was at F row). Also choose seats that have the downstairs on your left, so you will have clear vision of the car coming to the straight, instead of a 2 meters tall dude on your left arm as was my case.
- After the first two hours you can move freely on the T34 and sit wherever you want. In fact, we saw the finish standing over the fence at first row instead of sitting at our seats.
- If your choose blocks A,B,C you will have to walk all the village down and access at the beginning of the straight and then enter to your block. I don’t know if block D has direct access from the paddock entry but it looked like an independent access block.
- From C block the big screen at the beginning of the straight was visible, although reading the typos was impossible. I had to take my little binoculars (absolutely recommendable) to read the classifications.

• Parking Vert:
- Worth the price doubtless, the proximity with the village & Dunlop Bridge is priceless. On Saturday morning try to arrive to the access (Chemin aux Boeufs) early because we enjoyed a nice traffic jam at 10 am or so and lost Group C Race
- When travelling from the D326 road to Parking Vert AVOID the PVert Signal you will find on the hightway way before the surroundings of the track. It drove me to several towns, tight roads and time lost. Keep on the highway until you pass the track and mulsanne straight at your right and follow the indications of Pascal:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=476

• Food & Drinks:
Expensive. Low quality food for the price at most places but no other option if you don’t camp and cook something.

• The Museum:
Confirm the opening hours on Friday because they even didn’t know it well. It opened this year until 19pm. You will need 1 and a half hours at least to watch the cars WELL and take pictures. Worth a lot.

• Friday Pit-Walk:
Everywhere stated that the pit lane will open from 10 am to 8 pm. However, at 19.15 they started to kick the people out of the pit-lane.

• Folding Chairs & Stools:
I saw some of them sell by 6€ one folding 3 leg stool and 10€ two. Chairs at 20€ I think. They were sold on the left side village of the main straight (opposite side of T34). We didn’t buy none, and only slept 1 hour of the 24. Neither my girlfriend or me had pain on our foots or were excessively physically tired.

Last edited by kaseo88; 20 Jun 2014 at 08:57.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 09:05 (Ref:3424118)   #288
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a word of warning about standing at the front of t34 for either the start or the finish - it's really annoying for those who have tickets for the front row, and technically really it's their spot. some guy did that to us at the start (without asking) and i nearly threw him overboard. make sure you check very carefully that there's nobody due to sit behind you, because they may turn up after you do.

block d doesn't have access from the back paddock, you have to use a, b and c and walk over. you can exit through the hospitality paddock though.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3424150)   #289
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with kaseo88 - thanks to the members of the forum for all of the information! My son and I had a fantastic time - the info shared here helped us immensely!!
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3424161)   #290
kaseo88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
a word of warning about standing at the front of t34 for either the start or the finish - it's really annoying for those who have tickets for the front row, and technically really it's their spot. some guy did that to us at the start (without asking) and i nearly threw him overboard. make sure you check very carefully that there's nobody due to sit behind you, because they may turn up after you do.

block d doesn't have access from the back paddock, you have to use a, b and c and walk over. you can exit through the hospitality paddock though.
bella, at the start of the race the stand was full and there were a lot of people standing over the fence in front of the first row. I suppose that they bothered them but everyone stayed there. In fact, we where at six row and several guys sitted on the stairs by my side and fifth row and i had to take the arm of one of them because he stand up and almost ruined the first lap corner.

At the end of the race, i was surprised because there was nobody on the first and second rows, and the third was half empty... so we didnt bother none.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3424163)   #291
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think people just expect to be asked to move, or think that because they were there earlier it's their spot. you're right about how few people there were in the stand at the finish - i guess some of them were in the pitlane but it was strange because it's one of two reasons why you get a grandstand seat in the first place!

glad you enjoyed it and had a great weekend, it's a really underrated stand
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3424173)   #292
kaseo88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think people just expect to be asked to move, or think that because they were there earlier it's their spot. you're right about how few people there were in the stand at the finish - i guess some of them were in the pitlane but it was strange because it's one of two reasons why you get a grandstand seat in the first place!

glad you enjoyed it and had a great weekend, it's a really underrated stand
Thanks a lot bella, you also helped me and other "newbies" to enjoy this party of the motorsport.

You're right, maybe you could tell that is a little "boring" grandstand since you only see the straigth, but to view the pits from above and REALLY near, and also that nice roof that saved us from the two showers on saturday is really underrated. Also, i didn't see any other really perfect grandstand. If i go another year i will have T34 in my first options without doubt.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3424240)   #293
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Now we have to retrieve all ideas and experiences from this year, and then we could do a sum up of this entire thread for the next 24H, in several weeks (only 51 indeed).

CTD ?
Old 20 Jun 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3424361)   #294
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Now we have to retrieve all ideas and experiences from this year, and then we could do a sum up of this entire thread for the next 24H, in several weeks (only 51 indeed).

CTD ?
Sounds like a very good idea.
Sort of an "answer for every question at Le Mans" guide .
Wanted to do one of these for a long time, just don't have the time... yet
Old 21 Jun 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3424499)   #295
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know when we are likely to hear about a date for 2015?
Old 21 Jun 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3424514)   #296
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably shouldn't say who but I heard the other day that one organiser is accepting provisional bookings for w/e of 13/14 June.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3424634)   #297
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i would have to put my money on the 20th/21st as the 21st is mid summers day and therefore the day with the least amount of darkness, traditionally le mans is usually the weekend preceeding that day
Old 21 Jun 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3424670)   #298
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i would have to put my money on the 20th/21st as the 21st is mid summers day and therefore the day with the least amount of darkness, traditionally le mans is usually the weekend preceeding that day
The race is usually at the end of the 24th week of the year, so the 13th and 14th June.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3424702)   #299
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The race is usually at the end of the 24th week of the year, so the 13th and 14th June.
exactly, the 2nd weekend of June
Old 21 Jun 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3424707)   #300
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Same weekend as this year would suit me. Hopefully now the deal with the FIA/F1 calendar means we should get some stability.