Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4090134)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British Rallycross 2022

Just seen the provisional 2022 calendar has been revealed, so fresh thread for the 2022 British Rallycross Championship.

April 16 - Lydden Hill, England
April 18 - Lydden Hill, England
May 14 & 15 - Pembrey, Wales
June 4 & 5 - Mondello Park, Ireland
July TBC - TBC
August 27 - Pembrey, Wales
August 29 - Pembrey, Wales
November 5 & 6 - Lydden Hill, England

July is looking to be an overseas event subject to circuit confirmation.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 07:26 (Ref:4090224)   #2
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel like 10 Supercar rounds is a lot even if it's only 6 weekends. Just hope the points system can change (maybe even copy WRX changes). The current race format is good though. I also hope each support category goes to Mondello or Europe, not both

Either way, really looking forward to it. Maybe a test day in Feb or March as well. Should be some really interesting cars next year
Old 17 Dec 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4090234)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Just seen the provisional 2022 calendar has been revealed, so fresh thread for the 2022 British Rallycross Championship.

April 16 - Lydden Hill, England
April 18 - Lydden Hill, England
May 14 & 15 - Pembrey, Wales
June 4 & 5 - Mondello Park, Ireland
July TBC - TBC
August 27 - Pembrey, Wales
August 29 - Pembrey, Wales
November 5 & 6 - Lydden Hill, England

July is looking to be an overseas event subject to circuit confirmation.
No Knockhill - is that down to the low entries that events get there or did the circuit not want Rallycross (like Croft). It'll be interesting to see what the entry is like for Mondello in comparison with Knockhill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Should be some really interesting cars next year
With that in mind - does anyone know of any new cars and or drivers for next season? That could refer of course to drivers who have been absent for a while and are planning to return. What happened to Kevin McCann and his hatchback Impreza? Did that ever run? Had anyone heard anything from Simon Horton? There was a Porsche Boxter supernational car being built - what happened to that?
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4090244)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just hope the points system can change (maybe even copy WRX changes).
I personally hope not on that one. Aside from the Superlap idea I don't like the sound of the WRX changes: looks to be making things way more complicated than necessary.

Quote:
Either way, really looking forward to it. Maybe a test day in Feb or March as well. Should be some really interesting cars next year
Yeah, I hope there is a test day at Lydden. Really enjoyed that last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
No Knockhill - is that down to the low entries that events get there or did the circuit not want Rallycross (like Croft). It'll be interesting to see what the entry is like for Mondello in comparison with Knockhill.
I read a comment on social media suggesting that BRX wasn't made very welcome there this year? Absolutely zero facts to support that claim though, so I am taking it with a pinch of salt!

Quote:
With that in mind - does anyone know of any new cars and or drivers for next season? That could refer of course to drivers who have been absent for a while and are planning to return. What happened to Kevin McCann and his hatchback Impreza? Did that ever run?
Kevin posted a picture about a month ago which suggested the car was being prepared. As I recall it appeared on show in a couple of places, but has never competed. Would like to see it in action as I took some pictures of it being built and I am pretty sure that was a decade ago now...

Quote:
Had anyone heard anything from Simon Horton? There was a Porsche Boxter supernational car being built - what happened to that?
The Boxster built by Rob Scott? Rob drove it in a few BTRDA events, then Michelle (Swallow?) used it. Seemed to have a few reliability issues, but was quick when it was working.

Not sure on Simon. He had said he was planning to race in 2021, but obviously that didn't happen.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 08:48 (Ref:4094219)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Looks like the challenge from Thorne is over before it has started: I see the car is now for sale.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4094303)   #6
MissClarrpz
Racer

Well that's bloody disappointing. After winning I thought he'd definitely come back maybe even go to euro rx, especially as he wasn't that keen on going back to rallying. I can only hope he's got his mind set on a different Supercar
Old 18 Jan 2022, 18:19 (Ref:4094308)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Well that's bloody disappointing. After winning I thought he'd definitely come back maybe even go to euro rx, especially as he wasn't that keen on going back to rallying. I can only hope he's got his mind set on a different Supercar
Based on the comment he posted I don't think it is a planned sale, nor is it because he has his eye on something else. Seemed to be in a hurry with the advert as well given that he has just screenshotted some pictures...

Definitely disappointing after seeing his pace at Lydden last year. If he could maintain that (or even close to it) for an entire season he'd surely be a challenger for the British title.
Old 18 Feb 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4099267)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
More 5 Nations news for anyone who missed it; Colin Anson returns to Supercar in the ex-Evans/Bardy/Dolan/Thomas Astra:

5 Nations Rallycross - Anson Returns

...and Jake Harris will contest Supercar in one of the ex-JRM MINIs converted to electric:

5 Nations Rallycross - Harris In Electric MINI

I said it last year when there was a possible STARD entry hinted, but I personally think the mixed option is the best way to introduce electric at a National level. I am really intrigued to see how the two compare.
Old 18 Feb 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4099318)   #9
MissClarrpz
Racer

Yeah. Been waiting on electric to join to glad we finally have 1.
Power is quite similar (probably more for electric compared to brx cars) but weight is 200kg+ better for ICE. But that electric acceleration will help. So many unknowns!
Old 1 Mar 2022, 22:59 (Ref:4100818)   #10
MissClarrpz
Racer

Not the most surprising news but Flitney will compete at every round in his Volvo.

In terms of numbers and quality of supercar entries this is looking as good in quite a number of years, maybe 2016 was similar. But it surely wasn't this diverse in terms of cars. I've only been watching properly the last few years so what are people thinking of all these cars coming in?
Old 2 Mar 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4100854)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Good to see the Volvo will be out at all rounds

The numbers in supercar are looking pretty good and as you say the variety is there too, good to see the Astra back out and being used again - interesting that he's decided to run in supercar rather than the retro 4wd class (I assume it'd be eligible for that as the Andy Grant Focus must be a similar age?).
Old 2 Mar 2022, 11:13 (Ref:4100885)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
In terms of numbers and quality of supercar entries this is looking as good in quite a number of years, maybe 2016 was similar. But it surely wasn't this diverse in terms of cars. I've only been watching properly the last few years so what are people thinking of all these cars coming in?
Yeah, definitely good to see some variety in the Supercars. In all honesty (and as pleased as I am to see the car back) I can't see the Astra being that competitive and I wonder how close Flitney can get to the front runners. That said I am really pleased to see a mix of cars and I hope we get to see some good scraps throughout the field.

Shame that Thorne appears to be out (and silence from the Jordan camp so far as well) as I was hoping to see some fresh names on the podium this year. Be good to see Ollie bringing a new car though and I really hope that Vitols manages to get something sorted for 2022 (hopefully something reliable as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
interesting that he's decided to run in supercar rather than the retro 4wd class
For me the 4WD class is currently the weakest of the Retro classes. I love that there is category to give the Group B owners somewhere to run, but the broader criteria for that class has - at least for me - made it far less interesting.

I assume that with Steve Harris in the electric MINI this year his RS200 will be sidelined, so Retro 4WD will consist of Andy Grant driving away from everyone. That Focus might not be a race winner, but it (and the driver) are still pretty rapid and I'd much prefer to see Grant in Supercars.
Old 2 Mar 2022, 15:50 (Ref:4100930)   #13
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
(and silence from the Jordan camp so far as well)
Not complete silence. He did post on an instagram story showing the electronics back in the car but the rest is a bare shell. I'm not holding my breath waiting for him but hopefully he'll race this year. Though at this rate of progress that'll be November at the earliest!

Quote:
I'd much prefer to see Grant in Supercars.
I know he wants something more up to date, he just needs to find the right car
Old 2 Mar 2022, 16:58 (Ref:4100941)   #14
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I know he wants something more up to date, he just needs to find the right car
Perhaps he should give Jack Thorne a call: seems as though he has a Peugeot he is keen to get shot of!
Old 3 Mar 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4101106)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post, but missing 5 Nations rounds confirmed...

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/d...-2022-calendar

...Glosso for most categories in August. Supercars go to Dreux in October.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 07:09 (Ref:4101148)   #16
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Forgive the double post, but missing 5 Nations rounds confirmed...

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/d...-2022-calendar

...Glosso for most categories in August. Supercars go to Dreux in October.
Well wasn't expecting them to join the French, especially their season finale. I always thought French and British wanted to stayed separate. Really great to see it though. Not long till it all kicks off now!
Old 24 Mar 2022, 09:50 (Ref:4104076)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Another super car announcement:

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/b...enge-for-title

Michael Boak in a Fabia - I didn't see that one coming! Good to have another different car out there - the Fabias have always been great looking cars too.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4104249)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Michael Boak in a Fabia - I didn't see that one coming! Good to have another different car out there - the Fabias have always been great looking cars too.
Agreed. Be interesting to see where the car sits in terms of performance, but I am hoping we'll see a some good tussles throughout the Supercar field this year.
Old 30 Mar 2022, 08:40 (Ref:4104864)   #19
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
RX Racing have been posting teasers for the last 24 hours, so I wonder if we are about to see Ollie's new car for the first time (though the latest video posted looks like the Fiesta)
Old 9 Apr 2022, 08:05 (Ref:4105936)   #20
HoleInTheHedge
Rookie

European Union
HoleInTheHedge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So…..
Ollie OD confirmed for the season in the new Proton.
Patrick OD confirmed for the season in the Fiesta
Ollie Bennett confirmed for Lydden in the mini
Old 10 Apr 2022, 13:11 (Ref:4106138)   #21
MissClarrpz
Racer

About a dozen supercars should be there and the majority should be challenging for the podium. Entry list will be released "in the coming days",
I'm guessing around 90 total. I am glad they've got rid of 2 classes though even 10 can be a stretch at times.

I can't wait for the season to get going.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 21:01 (Ref:4106191)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
About a dozen supercars should be there and the majority should be challenging for the podium.
I think there are 13 confirmed so far...

Derek Tohill - Fiesta
Ollie O'Donovan - Proton
Patrick O'Donovan - Fiesta
Julian Godfrey - Fiesta
Steve Hill - Evo
Tristan Ovenden - DS3
Dominic Flitney - C30
Colin Anson - Astra
Oliver Bennett - Mini
Michael Boak - Skoda
Bradley Westgarth - Evo VI
Mike Sellar - DS3
Roger Thomas - Fiesta

...hopefully one or two more surprises.

Hopefully some strong entries in the other classes as well.

Quote:
I can't wait for the season to get going.
Ditto!

Last edited by tbtstt; 10 Apr 2022 at 21:21.
Old 11 Apr 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4106293)   #23
MissClarrpz
Racer

No Boak this weekend but he will race later in the year. There's a couple others looking to race but I doubt there will be another others

Hoping someone else can race Bennett's Mini on Monday as Bennett is only racing on Saturday
Old 12 Apr 2022, 21:17 (Ref:4106586)   #24
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Shame that Boak won't be there, was eager to see how his new acquisition fared.

Andy Grant now confirmed for Supercars (which I think is good news as I thought the car was wasted in Retro last year) plus, in a surprise late addition, Thorne now in the LDM C4. So that's 14:

Derek Tohill - Fiesta
Ollie O'Donovan - Proton
Julian Godfrey - Fiesta
Steve Hill - Evo
Tristan Ovenden - DS3
Dominic Flitney - C30
Colin Anson - Astra
Oliver Bennett - Mini
Mike Sellar - DS3
Roger Thomas - Fiesta
Andy Grant - Focus
Jack Thorne - Citroen C4

Full entry list tomorrow according to the 5 Nations website.
Old 12 Apr 2022, 22:42 (Ref:4106591)   #25
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Derek Tohill - Fiesta
Ollie O'Donovan - Proton
Julian Godfrey - Fiesta
Steve Hill - Evo
Tristan Ovenden - DS3
Dominic Flitney - C30
Colin Anson - Astra
Oliver Bennett - Mini
Mike Sellar - DS3
Roger Thomas - Fiesta
Andy Grant - Focus
Jack Thorne - Citroen C4
What an entry list. I reckon at least 10 of them could score a podium.

And can Bennett finally win an rx event?