Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4145108)   #276
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
But would BMW be ok with it, aren't they pretty well tied to BMW? Easiest is probably sourcing a Porsche to run, running an M8 might be the hardest option including if they wanted to try to get a C8 to run
Aston easiest apart from basically a Mercedes engine?
Old 27 Feb 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4145113)   #277
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So the main news is an extra works Porsche 963. 16 cars in the top class. Awesome.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4145115)   #278
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...hypercars.html
Old 27 Feb 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4145116)   #279
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Strong prototype lineup.

https://johndagys.wpenginepowered.co...ist_240223.pdf

surprised to see so many extra top class cars that aren't in the WEC fulltime. I guess Porsche and GM really want their best effort this year. Two Glicks is a bonus too. This is pretty much all eligible cars in existance but the Acura and BMW's.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4145118)   #280
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24 Oreca P2 cars, Christ
Old 27 Feb 2023, 16:36 (Ref:4145119)   #281
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
24 Oreca P2 cars, Christ
And all using the gibson engine
Old 27 Feb 2023, 16:40 (Ref:4145120)   #282
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
24 Oreca P2 cars, Christ
Less than last year and same number as '21.

Strong list all in all. Wasn't necessarily expecting that IMSA Porsche so that's good. Actually an upgrade on the Proton car we were supposed to get.

16 Hypercars is brilliant. Will be interesting to see in race week how many of them we think will have a realistic shot at the win.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4145123)   #283
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First reserve, Spirit of Race Ferrari, will be keeping a close eye on developments at 'Vanwall'...
Old 27 Feb 2023, 17:01 (Ref:4145126)   #284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
First reserve, Spirit of Race Ferrari, will be keeping a close eye on developments at 'Vanwall'...
Floyd needs to be there with his Vanwall. The ACO have given them the chance. I can't see them getting another if they don't show up.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 17:16 (Ref:4145134)   #285
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Less than last year and same number as '21.

Strong list all in all. Wasn't necessarily expecting that IMSA Porsche so that's good. Actually an upgrade on the Proton car we were supposed to get.

16 Hypercars is brilliant. Will be interesting to see in race week how many of them we think will have a realistic shot at the win.
I suppose Sebring and Spa will tell us something about the merits of all the new cars, but really i'm waiting to see how Le Mans Test Day goes before I make any guesses.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4145135)   #286
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Racing Team Turkey car
Old 27 Feb 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4145136)   #287
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A strong entry its shaping up to be a cracker, I can't wait....
Old 27 Feb 2023, 19:15 (Ref:4145150)   #288
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And all using the gibson engine
And all using Goodyear tyres.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4145152)   #289
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Surprised by the extra Porsche 963.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4145154)   #290
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Surprised by the extra Porsche 963.
Me too, and are there no longer rules about 3 car teams? I thought in the past the 3rd car usually had a slightly different team name to appease some rule against it?
Old 27 Feb 2023, 20:32 (Ref:4145159)   #291
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting that the Ferraris are showing as awaiting homologation

Sean
Old 27 Feb 2023, 21:04 (Ref:4145162)   #292
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Aston easiest apart from basically a Mercedes engine?
Meant there are plenty of Porsches out there to lease, as many Astons I don't know.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 21:59 (Ref:4145168)   #293
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Putting aside the strange decision to not include some fully announced WEC lineups - I make it 36 gaps to be filled on that entry list.

Also already 12 former winners on the grid. They've GOT to put Tandy in the IMSA Porsche which would make 13. Would be interested to know when we last had more than that.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4145204)   #294
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Meant there are plenty of Porsches out there to lease, as many Astons I don't know.
As the Aston, like the Ferrari, can be swapped between GT3 and GTE "relatively" easily I'm sure would have been plenty of cars available one way or another.

However I'm guessing the Ferrari was the easiest to obtain and probably the best option for them in their first crack at LM in all fairness.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 11:36 (Ref:4145233)   #295
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Putting aside the strange decision to not include some fully announced WEC lineups - I make it 36 gaps to be filled on that entry list.
They do have a habit of just including 'placeholders' though don't they? I guess it depends on the info the teams supplied with the application.
Old 28 Feb 2023, 11:41 (Ref:4145234)   #296
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I freely admit that I don't follow the news of teams and drivers all that closely, certainly not as closely as I used to years ago. But there are one or two names in places that seemed.... well strange... when I saw them while doing my own traditional list for my website. Such as Neel Jani in the Duqueine P2. His stock seems to have dropped whilst Lotterer's (for example) remains high. I see we also have F1 refugee Daniil Kvyat in an Oreca as well. The one that 'jarred' the most for me was Bruni in a GTEAm Porsche.....
Old 28 Feb 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4145257)   #297
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it's quite a quality lineup. Some Sportscar stalwarts, some real sportscar champions, plus a few ex-F1 drivers giving it a go
Old 28 Feb 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4145270)   #298
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They've GOT to put Tandy in the IMSA Porsche which would make 13.
Yeah, you'd have to think Tandy would line up along side Nasr, which would leave one of Campbell or Jaminet to miss out entirely?
Having said that, there's enough GT Porsches knocking about that I'm sure the unlucky fella would still have a seat somewhere.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 07:49 (Ref:4145342)   #299
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I freely admit that I don't follow the news of teams and drivers all that closely, certainly not as closely as I used to years ago. But there are one or two names in places that seemed.... well strange... when I saw them while doing my own traditional list for my website. Such as Neel Jani in the Duqueine P2. His stock seems to have dropped whilst Lotterer's (for example) remains high. I see we also have F1 refugee Daniil Kvyat in an Oreca as well. The one that 'jarred' the most for me was Bruni in a GTEAm Porsche.....
For sure Jani's stock has dropped. He was slowly edged out of Porsche and obviously hasn't been picked up elsewhere for hypercar. Asian Le Mans could have been a nice shop window for him but for whatever reason his pace wasn't on the level of the top guys.

Lotterer has been out of the sportscar paddocks but he remained contracted to Porsche and racing in Formula E.

Bruni is listed against the delayed Proton Porsche hypercar on the WEC list so I think he is destined for something better eventually. Like you say there's probably an element of placeholder about some of those entries right now.
Old 1 Mar 2023, 08:29 (Ref:4145344)   #300
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Bruni is listed against the delayed Proton Porsche hypercar on the WEC list so I think he is destined for something better eventually. Like you say there's probably an element of placeholder about some of those entries right now.
Of course, I'd forgotten that.