Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 2023, 17:44 (Ref:4160093)   #1326
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LeBron seems a strange choice (unless he is a secret sportscar fan). I wouldn't have been surprised if it was Tom Brady (off of American Football) as he is in with Hertz and his sportswear brand has logos on the Jota Porsche.

I wonder what sort of deal gets done with these celebs appearing at the race, are they under an obligation to post a certain number of tweets/instagrams/toktiks/etc to promote the event.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 17:58 (Ref:4160095)   #1327
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might not mean anything but General Motors is one of his personal sponsors.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4160117)   #1328
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving tomorrow, arriving Wednesday morning and staying at tetre rouge
Old 5 Jun 2023, 19:54 (Ref:4160121)   #1329
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Might not mean anything but General Motors is one of his personal sponsors.
That might explain it. I would pay good money to watch him trying to climb through the windows to sit in the Camaro.

(I am well aware that if I attempted that feat it would also draw a crowd, and perhaps require the pompiers to set me free)
Old 5 Jun 2023, 21:05 (Ref:4160128)   #1330
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I am well aware that if I attempted that feat it would also draw a crowd, and perhaps require the pompiers to set me free
No worry, there's an ap' for this, it's called quick release! Nous appelons cette manoeuvre rentrer avec un chausse pied et une burette d'huile et sortir avec un tire bouchon!
Old 5 Jun 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4160131)   #1331
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, we are here, settled into our home from home. it's very warm.... Good journey over and off boat and through border control in France inside 40 minutes. Nice leisurely drive down with no issues. Looking forward to a drive around the circuit tomorrow.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 15:41 (Ref:4160233)   #1332
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does one need a ticket to go to the museum? I'm thinking it's a good activity for the Friday, which I don't have a ticket for
Old 6 Jun 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4160246)   #1333
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Car packed, just enjoying a coffee before heading to Portsmouth.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4160267)   #1334
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
Does one need a ticket to go to the museum? I'm thinking it's a good activity for the Friday, which I don't have a ticket for
With your entrance ticket!
Old 6 Jun 2023, 18:08 (Ref:4160269)   #1335
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
With your entrance ticket!
I don't have entry for Friday though
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4160280)   #1336
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh joy. Sitting in a traffic jam on the M25 and a young lady drove unto the.back of my car. Damage not too bad but it appears to have affected to lock on the hatchback. Heyho. Currently at the ferry port.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4160282)   #1337
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
I don't have entry for Friday though
I would try anyway, they were telling people that they had free entry if they had a full week 'Semaine') ticket today, but it's worth a try. There are so many great cars in there now that I would have paid to go in...

As to the exhibits, what a shame that Toyota (who have a room of their own - apart from one Porsche) didn't put a TS020 in there, I know it never won, but it would have been a huge crowdpleaser.... (well I would have been pleased!) There is just something slightly bland about a room full of modern red and white Toyotas which, for I suspect many of the visitors all looked exactly the same.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4160284)   #1338
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Oh joy. Sitting in a traffic jam on the M25 and a young lady drove unto the.back of my car. Damage not too bad but it appears to have affected to lock on the hatchback. Heyho. Currently at the ferry port.
Darn it, that's the last thing you need at the start of the trip!
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4160291)   #1339
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There is just something slightly bland about a room full of modern red and white Toyotas which, for I suspect many of the visitors all looked exactly the same.
Toy' is well known french car maker here…
Old 7 Jun 2023, 06:51 (Ref:4160334)   #1340
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good morning all; since Thursday night I'm camped outside the brake zone for Mulsanne corner as I'm on one of four Marshal crew shifts responsible for two flag posts (exit of the kink and at the hump, both on the outfield). Alas, I'll be on duty during the Saturday meet but will be keeping eyes open for any of you as I roam about with my off-duty time (today, tomorrow after 16:30 Friday, and of course some chunks of Saturday/Sunday). Have a great week!
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 7 Jun 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4160352)   #1341
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idQDI5swei4

This popped up on my YouTube notifications. Can anyone relate here?
Old 7 Jun 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4160355)   #1342
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the ferry!
Old 7 Jun 2023, 09:46 (Ref:4160356)   #1343
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
Good morning all; since Thursday night I'm camped outside the brake zone for Mulsanne corner as I'm on one of four Marshal crew shifts responsible for two flag posts (exit of the kink and at the hump, both on the outfield). Alas, I'll be on duty during the Saturday meet but will be keeping eyes open for any of you as I roam about with my off-duty time (today, tomorrow after 16:30 Friday, and of course some chunks of Saturday/Sunday). Have a great week!
Have a safe week!
Old 7 Jun 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4160368)   #1344
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Seconded. I'm set up in BSJ and just having a sandwich and a beer. I may try to get up to Dunlop this evening.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 13:51 (Ref:4160433)   #1345
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post
I see a few croissants in your future!

On a related note: back in the late 90s, we used to staff both sides on top of the pre-flatted hump and cross the track to get to the outside. Of course, on Sun morning that meant heading over to the boulangerie next to the grocery store before returning to the campsite on the inside, carrying the bag of breakfast goodie with us across track!

Have a safe week please and enjoy!
Old 7 Jun 2023, 18:37 (Ref:4160566)   #1346
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Out of office on, most bits and pieces looked out, so I think I can probably tick me off as one who's going this year.
I'm okay getting tickets on the gate on Friday right?
Old 7 Jun 2023, 19:29 (Ref:4160576)   #1347
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Seconded. I'm set up in BSJ and just having a sandwich and a beer. I may try to get up to Dunlop this evening.
Where are you in Bsj? We are there somewhere in a big grey van
Old 7 Jun 2023, 20:25 (Ref:4160594)   #1348
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good lord it was hot today.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 08:06 (Ref:4160655)   #1349
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My god. This place is amazing. Words do not do it justice.

On a more reasonable note, how much moving around is 'normal?'Is it feasible to get from Ford chicanes to say, Arnarge easily?
Old 8 Jun 2023, 08:39 (Ref:4160659)   #1350
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry for the language, could not find a proper one in the ACO website. Yes, there are free shuttles going round: "Un réseau de navettes est disponible gratuitement sur présentation de votre billet Entrée.
Les navettes opèrent a partir du mercredi 7 juin et vous permettent de joindre le nord du circuit aux virages de Mulsanne et Arnage.
Elles sont en service tous les jours de 9 heures a 00 h 30 et en continu du samedi 10 juin au dimanche 11 juin."
Closed Thread