Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2022, 09:07 (Ref:4124937)   #26
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Keystone = Im old dont judge me!

Keystone Kops
Old 5 Sep 2022, 09:30 (Ref:4124938)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Keystone = Im old dont judge me!

Keystone Kops

Now that was fun to watch
Old 5 Sep 2022, 11:44 (Ref:4124955)   #28
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Keystone = Im old dont judge me!]
Me too - that was the one bit of the title I did understand!
Old 7 Sep 2022, 07:25 (Ref:4125185)   #29
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but another interesting development is the fading of the Ferrari engine cars. Both Haas and Alfa were fighting for top 10 and points during qualy and races at the beginning of the season and now seem to have drifted backwards to obscurity. One of them manages a good qualifying once in a while nowadays but end up going backwards in the race.

Is this also evidence of Ferrari beginning year with a more powerful engine and now Red Bull, Merc and Renault have caught up?
Old 8 Sep 2022, 10:22 (Ref:4125293)   #30
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Job Vacancy. Ferrari team leader.

If a car needs 4 tyres at a pitstop - how many tyres should you have ready when it enters the pits? 3 or 4?

Can you spot a blue and pink car driving down the pit lane? Y / N ?

Does a wheel gun belong in the incoming path of a F1 car, in the middle of the pit lane? Y / N?

Can you explain what a yellow flag means to a driver? Overtake / Dont Overtake?

If you can answer those questions, then Ferrari would love to hear from you.
Who was it who boxed a car a few years ago with no tyres ready....Red Bull of course when Ricciardo arrived in the pits and everyone was still sitting down.
Old 8 Sep 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4125296)   #31
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Who was it who boxed a car a few years ago with no tyres ready....Red Bull of course when Ricciardo arrived in the pits and everyone was still sitting down.
Yes, odd mistakes happen to even the best, and can be forgiven. But when there is seemingly a constant stream of screw ups, with many of them costing the team time, wins or points, one begins to wonder what Ferrari need to do to enable their fast car to actually fight for the championship.
Old 9 Sep 2022, 08:52 (Ref:4125393)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, Ferrari seem to find a new way to cock up their strategy every race. They have really thrown away a chance at the title. What happened in Hungary sums it up for me
Old 11 Sep 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4125643)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If they win today, perhaps a permanent change to yellow livery is in order......
Old 11 Sep 2022, 10:48 (Ref:4125645)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

The yellow overalls make me think Jordan have made a comeback
Old 12 Sep 2022, 03:18 (Ref:4125783)   #35
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The yellow overalls make me think Jordan have made a comeback
Ahhh Agip.... Of course.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 08:48 (Ref:4125806)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

Ferrari made the mistake of pitting the second time. They should have stayed out, they had more to lose by coming in and it proved. They are never going to win the title if they keep making these errors. Time for Binotto to go?
Old 12 Sep 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4125811)   #37
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ferrari made the mistake of pitting the second time. They should have stayed out, they had more to lose by coming in and it proved. They are never going to win the title if they keep making these errors. Time for Binotto to go?

No, they didn't lose the race that way. Leclerc would have dropped down the order anyway on old tires (compared to Verstappen). THey were stuck with this strategy after their early first stop.

And I don't think that was a mistake either.
I didn't work out, but I think the opposite (Leclerc staying out, Verstappen pitting) would have given the same result.

IMO there was just no way Leclerc/Ferrari could have won yesterday.
(Barring mishap for Verstappen/Red Bull)
Old 12 Sep 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4125854)   #38
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Time for Binotto to return to heading up the engine department - which he was very good at - if Ferrari do their usual scape goating job they will just lose another good guy. Their mistakes have been back through the post Todt era First a car salesman, then a Ciggerette salesman as team principle . What are they thinking of?!!! Get someone who knows the job - a Todt , or Brawn , or Domenicalli oh wait a minute.....
Old 15 Nov 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4133868)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Binotto out. Vasseur in. All change!

https://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/15...fa-romeo.shtml
Old 15 Nov 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4133872)   #40
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Binotto out. Vasseur in. All change!

https://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/15...fa-romeo.shtml
Where there is smoke there is fire or clickbait rumour....

Ferrari has denied rumours in the Italian press that its current Formula 1 team principal Mattia Binotto is set to be replaced by Alfa Romeo's Fred Vasseur.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...role/10400360/
Old 15 Nov 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4133873)   #41
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When things get to the point of appearing in the Gazzetta, which has immense reach into Italian sport, there's usually something behind it.

But we'll see, I guess.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4133874)   #42
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Would certainly be an upgrade.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 17:25 (Ref:4133879)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well in the world of Ferrari there is always someone to blame
Old 15 Nov 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4133881)   #44
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is always someone who is brave enough (and with big enough of an ego) to step forward to run Ferrari F1. But frankly, would any sane person do it? Your likelihood of success is probably not that high, expectations are high, pressure is high, environment is probably not good and in the end, you will probably just be another team principle that is scapegoated and dumped on the trash heap.

Richard
Old 15 Nov 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4133896)   #45
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
There is always someone who is brave enough (and with big enough of an ego) to step forward to run Ferrari F1. But frankly, would any sane person do it? Your likelihood of success is probably not that high, expectations are high, pressure is high, environment is probably not good and in the end, you will probably just be another team principle that is scapegoated and dumped on the trash heap.

Richard
So, are you saying Ferrari's woes don't start at the top, Richard?
Old 15 Nov 2022, 22:21 (Ref:4133897)   #46
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
So, are you saying Ferrari's woes don't start at the top, Richard?
That is a deep question to unpack. It might imply many things.

If there is a start, there is an end. Is the start and end at the same place (just singular poor leadership with Binotto). Or maybe the end is deeper within the team. Is the start and end even inside the team? I can't say one way or another. But I do feel the buck stops somewhere and that is at the top. And that seems to be Binotto. Is that even a good assumption? Is Binotto the top?

My point is that Ferrari F1 operates in a specific (and apparently difficult) environment. Of which many environmental factors are out of the control (or there is very little control) of whoever is at the top of the F1 team. So back to the "start and end of the problems" topic. Maybe the start, or the end, is some of those factors in which can't be control or are hard to mitigate.

Why does it seem to be hard for Ferrari to find success? What are those drivers that determine success or failure? Might be it hard for a single person to solve or mitigate enough of those to make the team a success? Are they empowered to solve the problems?

But in the end, you do have to wonder if Binotto has been given enough time to show if he is able to get it done. It's probably not a winning option to just keep doing whatever they are doing now. Even if it would be hard for most anyone else to do much better (IMHO). But they do seem to be a bit of a clown show these days. So that is why rumors like this are so believable.

Richard
Old 16 Nov 2022, 09:00 (Ref:4133915)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's been team principle since 2019 and they still can't do basic things like pit stops and tyres correctly. He has had easily enough time to get things done.

When your team continues to make rookie errors every week for years, the problem does start at top. Because his job to make sure these errors stop.
Old 16 Nov 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4133918)   #48
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
That is a deep question to unpack. It might imply many things.
I’ve read this post several times and my head is still spinning
Old 16 Nov 2022, 09:24 (Ref:4133919)   #49
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
He's been team principle since 2019
It’s a wonderful quirk of English that whenever people get principle and principal mixed up, the wrong one often makes more sense.
Old 16 Nov 2022, 09:45 (Ref:4133922)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

Ferrari need a change. Binotto's been given long enough, but this year has shown he can't get the structure in place to win the title. Whether Vassuer can do that, I don't know, but I think it's time they replaced Binotto either way.

They haven't really had a good enough team boss since they got rid of Domenicalli