Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jan 2024, 20:19 (Ref:4191156)   #626
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=BTCC frog;4191124]Richard should have said:

Quote:
Alberto Ascari
o 1952-1953 Giuseppe Farina

but 'Won the WDC by beating a prior WDC with both in the same car/team' was still the correct answer because I didn't ask for every driver they beat to be named, just the rationale behind the list.

But it was that in 1951, Juan Manuel Fangio won the title when his teammate was a former world champion in Giuseppe Farina.

In 1952 and 1953, Alberto Ascari won the title when his teammate was a former world champion in Giuseppe Farina.

In 1967, Denny Hulme won the title when his teammate was a former world champion in Jack Brabham.
Told you I was a fool for posting here, I assumed they had to take the title from the incumbent, both in same team.

My mistake.

Back to the, safer, Historic bit

B.
Old 8 Jan 2024, 22:02 (Ref:4191161)   #627
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I always find it interesting to read what was written without the benefit of hindsight:

https://porschecarshistory.com/porsc...rt-mag-121990/
Its like an alternate universe! Maybe like our "Hopes, expectations and excitement for 2024" thread. Lots of "what it might be" going on.

Richard
Old 22 Mar 2024, 17:58 (Ref:4202306)   #628
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
havent watched any coverage or had a chance today to read or look for this answer...

when was the last time a team failed to field two cars in quali, in a race, or for both?
Old 23 Mar 2024, 05:02 (Ref:4202359)   #629
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
havent watched any coverage or had a chance today to read or look for this answer...

when was the last time a team failed to field two cars in quali, in a race, or for both?
I remember it happened to Toyota when Glock crashed in Q2. They had to scratch the car so the race started with 19 cars.

I dont think that was a car issue but more a driver one, Glock being declared unfit, and a substitute driver unable to take the seat because they had not taken part in qualifying.
Old 23 Mar 2024, 13:54 (Ref:4202408)   #630
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'd probably go with 2014 Russia, when Marussia only fielded one car for tragic reasons
Old 23 Mar 2024, 15:03 (Ref:4202417)   #631
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2023 Brazil - Ferrari failed to put 2 cars into the race.

2023 Qatar - Ferrari failed to put 2 cars into the race.

2023 Singapore - Aston Martin.
Old 23 Mar 2024, 18:14 (Ref:4202436)   #632
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
There was an interesting similar case in Paul Ricard 1984 when Andrea de Cesaris had all sorts of problems and qualified 27th, when only the top 26 could qualify. So Ligier withdrew Francois Hesnault, who had qualified 14th, so that De Cesaris could start from 26th. De Cesaris finished 10th.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 (Ref:4203140)   #633
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
This will be a piece of cake for most of the super fans on here - and dare I say it the older ones among us!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...he-photographs

I got no.9 wrong.
Old Yesterday, 14:28 (Ref:4203162)   #634
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
13/13, though I gambled a few.
Old Yesterday, 18:52 (Ref:4203188)   #635
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great quiz. I was wrong on questions 2 and 9.