Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Oct 2004, 11:21 (Ref:1117890)   #1
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Wolverson - Published Author

Upon opening the latest copy of MAC News that arrived this morning I noticed that our own Woolley - Chief Marshall @ Shelsley - has penned an article called A Marshals Viewpoint.

Well done Woolley. A good insight for those MAC members and everyone else involved.

I look forward to the sequel.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 12:40 (Ref:1117982)   #2
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We cannot wait to get home to read this. Thanks for the tip Fireblade. Defo a top shelf publication that one. I think that several of the old buffers have been published before, usually in the chancery courts bulletin for financial misdemeanours says the Butler.
Love Abigail xxx
Old 7 Oct 2004, 16:50 (Ref:1118210)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Can anybody widen the distribution of that one a little - I'd quite like to read that (BC is not a MAC menber bet does Marshal at some MAC events if that helps?)
Old 7 Oct 2004, 17:34 (Ref:1118253)   #4
Fireblade
Racer

If you register with Roger Thomas at MAC office I believe that you will be added to the non member/marshal mailing list. I will see him tomorrow and check with him.

Failing that, Wooley will probably have the original document as I can't believe that he wrote it on Basildon Bond letter paper in his own fair hand.
Ask and be surprised.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 06:59 (Ref:1118739)   #5
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All marshals who marshaled at The World Famous last year should be on the mailing list as Fireblade says...
Its not a bad read to be fair.....Some interesting stuff in there and I bet the old buffers love it eh Abigail ?
Old 8 Oct 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1118764)   #6
abigail
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by blackx
Some interesting stuff in there and I bet the old buffers love it eh Abigail ?
A right rivetting read, and the old buffers do love it. However the Butler and the rest of the staff think it could do with a bit more of the real deal to do with the incomparable SW and a tiny bit less of the Classic Run stuff. Therefore Chris's contribution is welcome being very timely in giving potential volunteers plenty of time to prepare for next season. But we do understand it is very difficult to get contributions and we praise dear old Uncle Bob for his continued news and gossip column. Bit sensible for me that, wasn't it! So, reverting to type, Bob is defo the king of the flat caps. But what's this about free beer in Chris's article? Perhaps you will see an orange dressed doggy next season. It had better be a fine black country brewed product though! And I am sure imbibing is confineed to post event activity.
Love Abigail xxx
Old 8 Oct 2004, 07:35 (Ref:1118772)   #7
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
This is the problem with MAC. I've filled out more forms than I care to mention for them, still no tickets, no calendars, not a sausage

It's a good job The World Famous has more going for it than it's written communications!
Old 8 Oct 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1118797)   #8
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent read
Having been on the receiving end of the marshalls/rescue units attention @ Loton in August 1999 when i crashed going up the so called ceder straight , i can confirm that the 1st thought through a drivers mind is usually " you stupid
b*****d what did you do that for" followed by anger then embarressment.
Attention to detail from the marshalls & rescue helps when all a driver wants to is get out when they may be injured.

Dave
Old 8 Oct 2004, 08:10 (Ref:1118799)   #9
abigail
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by b1ackcr0w
I've filled out more forms than I care to mention for them, still no tickets, no calendars, not a sausage
We are sure that the top end caps and blazers of the MAC regularly view this site, and if they do not take note of your comments it will be extremely disappointing to all of us, won't it!
Love Abigail xxx
Old 8 Oct 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1118827)   #10
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could it be certain related family members of yours that frequent the site abigail ?

Dave
Old 8 Oct 2004, 16:39 (Ref:1119103)   #11
Fireblade
Racer

Blackcrow.
I spoke with Hon Sec today and he assures me that the marshals database is now complete and you will have a copy. They have been doing some close season tidying of the paperwork but you should be on it as you have been on the bank at SW this year. In the season the paperwork does mount up a bit but now the last MAC meeting has past the catching up is being done.
Either contact Roger on Shelsley phone during working hours or PM me your details and I will ensure that you have your MAC News and calender.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1119106)   #12
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Mrs BlackX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fireblade,

You will be able to tell B1ackcr0w that yourself tonight as they are attending the Midland Dinner Dance....

Shireen
Old 9 Oct 2004, 09:53 (Ref:1119599)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aw, thanks folks. I thought I ought to do something seeing as it was announced in the previous mag that I was going to be submitting something! I'd only said I might...
Old 9 Oct 2004, 11:35 (Ref:1119638)   #14
blackx
Veteran

England
The responsibility of it all eh Chief?
Hehehehe
Old 10 Oct 2004, 23:12 (Ref:1120614)   #15
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Chris on a brillient article and I think the last line is very true.
When well the next article appear?

Andrew
Old 12 Oct 2004, 00:26 (Ref:1121691)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Steady on - that's how I got dropped in it last time!
I think I might make it an irregular column, maybe two or three a year if I can think of anything to write. Perhaps we should introduce the club to the pork pie theory next?
Old 12 Oct 2004, 09:55 (Ref:1121914)   #17
Fireblade
Racer

Well it's down to your comrades for inspiration Woolley.
So come on marshals,give him some ideas to work on and watch his ink flow.

I, for one, enjoyed the piece and I am sure other readers did as well. 1,600 members there to be educated in the "life on the bank"

Of course Rescue could do one but the Rip Van Winkle story has already been written,lol.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1121980)   #18
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fireblade

Of course Rescue could do one but the Rip Van Winkle story has already been written,lol.

Old 12 Oct 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1122646)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England

If only you could still put pictures on. I have one that perfectly illustrates that point!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 22:26 (Ref:1122684)   #20
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley

If only you could still put pictures on. I have one that perfectly illustrates that point!
A bit like this one Woolley??...

I am in soooo much trouble now...

Shireen
Old 12 Oct 2004, 22:40 (Ref:1122697)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
How'd you do that? The 'insert picture' doobrey isn't there anymore.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 22:44 (Ref:1122703)   #22
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
How'd you do that? The 'insert picture' doobrey isn't there anymore.
I hosted the picture on www.marshalspost.com and then used the IMG button...

Shireen
Old 12 Oct 2004, 23:24 (Ref:1122736)   #23
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs BlackX
A bit like this one Woolley??...

I am in soooo much trouble now...

Shireen

Old 15 Oct 2004, 09:05 (Ref:1125026)   #24
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
like a coiled spring...................
Old 19 Oct 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1128312)   #25
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Wot Slinky?