Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Mar 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1245546)   #1
hillclimber26
Rookie

hillclimber26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hillclimb 2005

What's the latest news on the hillclimb front?

I have heard rumours of Grovesy in a GR55! That should be interesting.

Anyone know if Adam Fleetwood is running this year. Was he not going to do the Porsche cup?

Anyone got any news from the lower single seater classes? 2L , 1600 or 1100. I take it it will be Trev Willis and Phil Cooke leading the way...

Any news is interesting. What's happened to everyone?? There used to be loads of hillclimb gossip in here??

Jim
Old 7 Mar 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1245605)   #2
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a peek in the Uphill Racers Thread..

A bit of info in there for you and who knows........If you start asking a few questions in that thread maybe it'll kick start it back into life...

Any one going to Loton Park this coming weekend ??
Old 7 Mar 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1245608)   #3
Anuauto
Racer

Anuauto has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"Latest news on the hill climb front" is that there is still no hillclimb venue in the south east quarter of England. The nearest venue to that most populous area is still the only UK venue not running any classes for roadgoing cars. One venue in the south west has lost its track licence. Other UK venues still promote 2 day meetings that cover less entries than 2 separate 1 day meetings could. New venue proposals fall foul of safety/track licencing problems that many perceive to be no worse than many existing licensed venues. The perception in many places that racing cars with all their safety costs rather than grass roots roadgoing saloon cars should still predominate in hillclimb entries seems unchanged.
Is there any good news?
Old 7 Mar 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1245621)   #4
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news is that many of us who are all friends are all ready and waiting for the season to get under way

And when it does boy are we gonna have some fun

What you gonna do ?
Old 7 Mar 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1246057)   #5
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hibernation

Is it time to come out of the winters sleep yet?

I was rather (LOL) looking forward to this years new revitalised F1 season and this year I managed to stay up and watch the whole thrilling battle.

What an excellent use of time.............

This year I am going to watch some real racing. Powerfull cars, slicks, traction control, ABS, downforce, tight tracks, very tight competition, sun, rain, shadows and moss.

I hear the entry list for Loton at Easter should make me a happy bunny.

Won't be wearing the floppy ears just the flourescent jacket so drivers can avoid me!

Happy new seasons.

McB (Richard)
Old 8 Mar 2005, 01:18 (Ref:1246260)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Playing at Combe at Easter (mother-in-law wants a holiday), so I'll have to miss it. I'll be checking for the results the moment I get back, though. Someone send me an e-mail... It's gonna be exciting.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1247459)   #7
Judd
Rookie

Judd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anuato,

Its sad that you feel that way. Why not let popularity and financial considerations define where the tracks are and who they cater for? Both from a competitor and spectator point of view. Perhaps that is what has been done already and that is why the situation is as it is. If venues tried two 1-day meetings in place of a 2-day meeting, might they be accused of putting profit before pleasure?

Judd
Old 9 Mar 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1247489)   #8
Neil1982
Racer

England
Kidderminster
Neil1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some people prefer a one day meeting. We found when we did speed events that we simply did not have the time to do a whole championship consisting of 2 day meetings (although they do make a nice mini holiday!). Because of this, and for some other reasons, we chose to go Sprinting rather than Hillclimbing. Although the venues on the odd occasion do not have the same appeal as a Hillclimb, you do get to do some terrifying speeds on some awesome tracks! Rumour has it that there will be a Sprint round at Snetterton this year which would not be one to miss. Why don't you Hillclimbers come and play? You did in years gone past!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1247583)   #9
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Loton Park Test Day

There are several non-starters for this week-ends test days at Loton. They are notably Roger Moran, Mike Dean and Geoff Rollason.

With the Fleetwoods, Willem Toet, Chris Merrick/Carl Davison, Deryk Young and Tony Eyles all entered on both days it still looks like it should be fun!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1247594)   #10
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
On ot Two Day Meetings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1982
Some people prefer a one day meeting. We found when we did speed events that we simply did not have the time to do a whole championship consisting of 2 day meetings (although they do make a nice mini holiday!). Because of this, and for some other reasons, we chose to go Sprinting rather than Hillclimbing. Although the venues on the odd occasion do not have the same appeal as a Hillclimb, you do get to do some terrifying speeds on some awesome tracks! Rumour has it that there will be a Sprint round at Snetterton this year which would not be one to miss. Why don't you Hillclimbers come and play? You did in years gone past!
The future of one day meetings in the British Hillclimb Championship may well be limited. There is a possibility of a new rule being brought in to outlaw one day meeting on the mainland - this would still allow the two Channel Island rounds plus the Northern Irish round at Craigantlet. However it would be the end for Barbon Manor in May and the Harewood round the day after!

Neil1982 does have a point. Sprint meetings tend to be one-day affairs. Even our two day meetings are actually one event per day e.g. Pembrey where we run different layouts each day. Also Neil is right when he says we are at Snetterton this year. This we hope will become a fixture in the Sprint Championship and we are currently working on our 2006 Championship Schedule which will hopefully see Lydden Hill and Cadwell Park back on the list.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1247916)   #11
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Playing at Combe at Easter (mother-in-law wants a holiday), so I'll have to miss it. I'll be checking for the results the moment I get back, though. Someone send me an e-mail... It's gonna be exciting.
Er Combe is March 28th, Loton is April 10th - Is one being sacrafised for the social secretary for the other, because there's no date conflict?
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:00 (Ref:1248217)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I just accepted Richard's dates as the reason I couldn't be there, I mean Easter is always Loton even if there's snow on the summit.

Still, can't make the 10th either, having a reunion with one of our Kiwi friends who's over here at the moment. I've tried to be convincing with the 'but she'll enjoy hillclimbing' argument, but it's not working at the moment.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:59 (Ref:1248255)   #13
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuauto
The perception in many places that racing cars with all their safety costs rather than grass roots roadgoing saloon cars should still predominate in hillclimb entries seems unchanged.
Is there any good news?
Seems like great news to me Anauto.

New Season. Same stuck record from you though.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1248403)   #14
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Change of tack required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuauto
"Latest news on the hill climb front" is that there is still no hillclimb venue in the south east quarter of England. The nearest venue to that most populous area is still the only UK venue not running any classes for roadgoing cars. One venue in the south west has lost its track licence. Other UK venues still promote 2 day meetings that cover less entries than 2 separate 1 day meetings could. New venue proposals fall foul of safety/track licencing problems that many perceive to be no worse than many existing licensed venues. The perception in many places that racing cars with all their safety costs rather than grass roots roadgoing saloon cars should still predominate in hillclimb entries seems unchanged.
Is there any good news?
There certainly is GOOD NEWS - if you start running in SPRINTS they do seperate out the plastic LOCATERFIELDS and leave the Tin-Tops to their own devices. Plus there are sprint venues in the South East - a double bonus!

As for Hillclimbs 'down South' - the problem in the Easterly quadrant is the cost of land, lets face it building houses is a better source of income for the landowner.

So if you can't beat 'em, join 'em
Old 11 Mar 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1249378)   #15
MikeBz
Racer

MikeBz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they do seperate out the plastic LOCATERFIELDS

I've not been to an event where the (tin) Caterhams have been seperated out from the (plastic) Westfields
Old 11 Mar 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1249404)   #16
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Relative Segregation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBz
they do seperate out the plastic LOCATERFIELDS

I've not been to an event where the (tin) Caterhams have been seperated out from the (plastic) Westfields
If you look at the full quote it is suggesting that the Kit Cars are segregated from the Production Cars in Sprinting.

If you feel your Caterham is handicapped in respect of a Westfield then I suggest you sell it and get a Westie! If you can't beat them, join them!
Old 13 Mar 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1250985)   #17
ranoff
Racer

ranoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep your chin up!

Nice to see you keeping so cheerful Anuauto. In addition to no hillclimbing in the South-East, there’s a flu pandemic on the way, Labour will be re-elected in May, Al Quaida is at large in the nation, there are more super-bugs resistant to antibiotics every month. There’s always something to keep you smiling these days isn’t there?

Last edited by ranoff; 13 Mar 2005 at 16:54.