Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Apr 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1270335)   #1
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dalziel to race for PKVR in '06!?

While it doesn't mention that Ryan will race for them in '06, this is the only conclusion that I can come up with. Link
Quote:
PKV Racing and Champ Car World Series owner, Kevin Kalkhoven said, “This is just one more example of how the Champ Car World Series ladder system can work to the benefit of both the teams and young drivers. I am very pleased that Ryan will be working with PKV Racing this year and I look forward to watching him grow as a driver with our team.”

Last edited by Dov; 4 Apr 2005 at 23:28.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1270340)   #2
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dov, it is way too early to start the 2006 silly season thread
Old 5 Apr 2005, 01:13 (Ref:1270385)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just finished reading this info on an motorsports unrelated forum. I find Dalziel being a "consultant" really odd. What the heck does that really mean. VIPs get to shake hands with him? "Hi, I'm unemployed but you should be impressed to get to meet me?"
Old 5 Apr 2005, 02:08 (Ref:1270402)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Snrub, he's not unemployed, he's being paid to race in the ALMS this year for Tyler Tadevic / Pacific Coast.

No doubt he's just keeping doors open for beyond this year...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1270748)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like KK is keeping him on the books with the chance he will take Vasser's seat next year.
If I were a VIP as well, I wouldn't mind talking to him. He would have more insight than your average meet and greeter.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 5 Apr 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1270795)   #6
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Ryan gives up his chances of pushing towards F1, spends years looking to get into ChampCars and find enough sponsorship, and this the repayment he gets? A possible drive in 2006, IF he does the right PR for them? Typical.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1270848)   #7
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
So Ryan gives up his chances of pushing towards F1, spends years looking to get into ChampCars and find enough sponsorship, and this the repayment he gets? A possible drive in 2006, IF he does the right PR for them? Typical.

I suppose that is one view. How about the fact that he is getting paid to race (ALMS) and he is getting paid to promote with a chance (likely a very good one) to take Vassar's seat next year. He made the choice to come to the US to race. He has a good future here.

There are lots of fast talented guys on the sidelines with money woes on both sides of the Atlantic. Ryan will be ok.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1271743)   #8
astinus4
Racer

Australia
Darwin, Australia
astinus4 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
That's got to be the most negative spin possible on what should be a good news story. I doubt 'consultant' just means PR work, but presumably also accompanying the team to races and learning more about race setups, learning from Vasser and CDM etc. If I was in Dalziel's shoes I'd be delighted to be in this position.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 16:01 (Ref:1271800)   #9
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Snrub, he's not unemployed, he's being paid to race in the ALMS this year for Tyler Tadevic / Pacific Coast.
Good point, for some reason that fact escaped me.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1271857)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ALMS is probably what Ryan wanted and expected to do for 2005, barring a miracle ChampCar ride opening up (which it nearly did with Jenson, in fact. Reading between the lines and thinking out loud, maybe he'll get a chance in any second Jenson car later in teh eyar at non-clashing rounds?). He'll surely know not to take this as a cast-iron gurantee of a 2006 drive, or even a guarantee of beign first in line if a drive opens up, but at least it's a chance. Can we say it's a good Dalziel for him?
Old 6 Apr 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1271944)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Non-clashing events, maybe. I know that was part of why Alex Figge tested with Conquest at Sebring - well, that, and he was already there to start testing his Corvette the Monday after the Champcar weekend test.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James