Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Aug 2005, 06:33 (Ref:1383298)   #26
MikeBz
Racer

MikeBz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Trevor's car is on the market (here). Does this mean he has a V-something drive lined up for next year? That would spice things up a bit!

Mike
Old 16 Aug 2005, 07:11 (Ref:1383315)   #27
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope not....

More seriously perhaps we'll see an OMS with an NME engine? The 2.65 can't have much more torque than a good methanol 2 litre so perhaps the transmission becomes an 'easier' problem to solve?

Paul
Old 16 Aug 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1383843)   #28
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Cor, Willis (in 2l+ car?) vs Groves Vs Toet (in Gould?) Vs Wight (In sorted Predator?) in top 12s?

Could make for a stunning 2006 season. The mind boggles.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1383863)   #29
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Right gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ranson
I hope not....

More seriously perhaps we'll see an OMS with an NME engine? The 2.65 can't have much more torque than a good methanol 2 litre so perhaps the transmission becomes an 'easier' problem to solve?

Paul
There is always the transverse Arrows gearbox. This would be capable of handling a 2.65 NME without stripping gears and is available. Mind you first of all Trevor has to find someone brave enough to buy the OMS CF04! After all the car in Trevor's hands has been so successful it might be hard to find someone willing to have a go; consider that if they don't do well it may show them in a bad light!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1384096)   #30
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Cor, Willis (in 2l+ car?) vs Groves Vs Toet (in Gould?) Vs Wight (In sorted Predator?) in top 12s?

Could make for a stunning 2006 season. The mind boggles.
Vs MASON
Old 16 Aug 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1384098)   #31
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A candidate for Trevor's car??? It seems to be a reasonable car to drive. Mr Owen himself has been no slouch in it on occasions. Could be a good learning car for someone...
Old 17 Aug 2005, 01:11 (Ref:1384196)   #32
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11iamm
Vs MASON
Does that mean you're throwing the Mason family hat into the Over 2 litre class then Dumb (aka Ralf)? Either that or you're publicly declaring that you can beat Wight,Willis,Groves and Toet in a 2 litre car. You're good Will, but not quite that good. Or are Connaught bringing out a 2 liter Solid Rocket Booster engine?

I'm confused Ralf.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1384385)   #33
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Does that mean you're throwing the Mason family hat into the Over 2 litre class then Dumb (aka Ralf)? Either that or you're publicly declaring that you can beat Wight,Willis,Groves and Toet in a 2 litre car. You're good Will, but not quite that good. Or are Connaught bringing out a 2 liter Solid Rocket Booster engine?

I'm confused Ralf.
Not sure about next season. Merely meant that I would love to be up there competing against everyone with the same equipment. I believe I can beat Wight, Willis e.t.c ...I dont think I would drive if I didnt think I was capable of winning. But everyone else thinks the same way.

Beating them in a 2 litre...I think you need a hell of a lot of "go faster stripes" ontop of that Solid Rocket Booster engine. Haha.

Ralf
Old 17 Aug 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1384426)   #34
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11iamm
. I believe I can beat Wight, Willis e.t.c ...I dont think I would drive if I didnt think I was capable of winning. But everyone else thinks the same way.

Ralf

Thats the spirit ralf..
Self belief is the most important thing.
If you aint got that then you might as well pack it in..
Old 17 Aug 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1384612)   #35
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't seen anything yet that suggests you're not capable of matching them in the same equipment, so I'm hoping you get the chance to prove it.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1384671)   #36
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good time at Shelsley everyone

I am sorry we can't be there, Georgia has demanded that the long needed painting of the house and the garden needs attending to. It is a pity really as the last tasks up to this were the making of the Jersey and Guernsey DVDs. As a method to motivate me through the decorating she has booked a few nights camping at a place called the Orchard WR6 6RP. Ours was a late booking.......

Shall I shoot her? [On camera]......

11mm Will, we will miss you, and Woolley and all the crowd.

BANG. Just shot the wife.

Only joking, without Georgia it would not happen. She is my Soul mate. Georgia's first DVD is the Jersey one, I have not had time to watch it (other than for quality), but I am happy and worried that not only her camera work, but also her editting is 'less uptight' than mine. Yoga required for me...

Regards
Triple 6

(AKA McB666, AKA Richard, AKA Mc*******).

Reason for post... create a good old banter...........
Old 17 Aug 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1384703)   #37
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Ulster DVD?

MCB666 - when will the Ulster DVD be completed? Can't wait to see Roy Dawson at Kirkistown!

Old 18 Aug 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1385462)   #38
Cameron Winton
Racer

Cameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone talk to Willem, Roger etc to see if they can drag the 2-6th place championship out 'til Doune? Means a good entry and some excitement. Also makes up for not going it down to Shelsey this weekend (Got a car and a house to fix)
Old 18 Aug 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1385476)   #39
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Willem has 6 zero scores, every point he scores now counts. Mike has 4 zeroes and will drop at most a 1 and a 2, so 3 points. So if they go to Doune with Mike less than 20 points ahead of Willem or Willem less than 17 ahead of Mike it's still open. Approximately and discounting possibilities of records. Roger is more complicated because he has only missed out on two scoring opportunities.

So it's highly likely to be settled at Doune, although how tight it will be is unknowable.

5-12 are too complicated to consider, except that I potentially have a '1' to discard and the others have already used their discards.

Paul
Old 18 Aug 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1385505)   #40
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Thats the spirit ralf..
Self belief is the most important thing.
If you aint got that then you might as well pack it in..
Listen to Uncle Steve - He's talking sense!

The car you're in has been a demon to drive at times this year, I haven't kept an eye an Trevor Willis's times this year, but if your times are cosistantly near his then I would say you're ready for a shot in 2litre+. Trev is as good a driver as any in Speed Hillclimb, and his OMS is one of the most sorted car/engine packages going. If you can keep up with him in similar drives, you can keep up with anybody.
Old 18 Aug 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1385599)   #41
Cameron Winton
Racer

Cameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Paul
William - I don't think a student loan stretches to a NME V8!
Old 30 Aug 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1395016)   #42
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
pilbeam buddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
vs moose
moose babe pics up and updates on moose site
http://www.teammooseracing.com/
might be biased but she did look good in moose pit
Old 31 Aug 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1395961)   #43
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilbeam buddy
vs moose
moose babe pics up and updates on moose site
might be biased but she did look good in moose pit
The irony of the Moose being the first to have a pit babe in attendance did not escape me Mike

You'll be glad to hear that Salisbury General are now releasing the last of the casualties with singed retinal injuries. Although aircraft are still attempting to land on Broad Chalke
Old 31 Aug 2005, 22:52 (Ref:1395965)   #44
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Are you suggesting Moose wanted to be noticed? To be honest, there was so much orange about at the week-end I didn't even realize he was there!

It looks like my predicted top 10 is now out of the window, but on the plus side, having said goodbye to everyone I'm unexpectedly being allowed out to play on Sunday, so looking forward to the next instalment.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1395980)   #45
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

I was referring to the original reason why Moose is called Moose. Oh well, it seemed funny in my head at the time

I have had a hunch for a while that sensible Willem might come out if the offer of the 2 spot was in sight. With the car in Ex and Mart, that might keep him in check long enough to take his second place.

Moose, have you sorted your clutch out yet son? We still want to see that win you've got in you! (Mind you that rolling Custard Tart is fair flying at the mo)
Old 3 Sep 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1398209)   #46
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i always liked the arrows f1 team and the orange and black!

that girl looked nice too.... gotta be the best thing on a hillclimb for a while aint it???
Old 6 Sep 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1400316)   #47
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
congrats to scotty on his two wins at prescott stunning display of speed
in regards to weekend was just feeling the pressure a little and with qualifying 2nd for first run off was looking for a win hence the spin
as regards to 2nd run off scrapped by skin of my teeth with 2nd gear problems and hence lack of performance.
regards moose
Old 14 Oct 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1433954)   #48
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
mcb666
as i thought please stand corrected
moose
Old 19 Oct 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1437762)   #49
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey

congrats to scott moran midland driver of the year stuuning perforamances at last few rounds
Old 19 Oct 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1437773)   #50
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
gossip
any one how much bhp powertec v8 2.6,soon to be gracing hillclimb 06 season

any other hillclimb goss