Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1448212)   #1
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda to announce new team

Grandprix.com are reporting that Aguri Suzuki is going to be part of the second Honda team:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15873.html
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1448214)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
You just bet me to it,and why is the clock in my toolbar still one hour fast.

Good news for Davidson and Sato i would have thought.It'll be funded byhttp://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15870.html
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1448221)   #3
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With what car will they drive? They will be unable to drive with the 2005 nor the 2006 BAR.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1448232)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
With what car will they drive? They will be unable to drive with the 2005 nor the 2006 BAR.
Or indeed any previously used BAR chassis.The rules state that no team can use parts designed by another (except engines?).

That would also seem to be a problem for STR,but i would assume that they have got around it somehow.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1448233)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If BAR sells the intellectual property of the design, it can then be manufactured by the new team
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1448236)   #6
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Or indeed any previously used BAR chassis.The rules state that no team can use parts designed by another (except engines?).

That would also seem to be a problem for STR,but i would assume that they have got around it somehow.
Teams are allowed to buy and sell engines and gearboxes. A solution could be that the 2006 Honda will be similiar to the 2006 BAR, just as the 2004 Sauber was similiar to the 2003 Ferrari.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1448238)   #7
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
If BAR sells the intellectual property of the design, it can then be manufactured by the new team
But it that case, the problem has only been turn around. BAR has to design a new car.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1448244)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My impression is that the existing Honda team (AKA BAR) will run the new car they design and build, while the new Honda team can run the 2005 car as long as they build it themselves, and Honda build something different for their team?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1448254)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
So what this tells us is that Honda (A team) will not be starting next season with this years chassis.

Davidson and Sato should do well,but why bother with the V8?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1448256)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Because two teams using the engine is twice as much feedback
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1448268)   #11
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i would just like if this mystery team was revealed apart from Honda 2
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1448270)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quick let us find as many problems with this as possible!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1448271)   #13
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Quick let us find as many problems with this as possible!
heh, lol
Old 31 Oct 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1448564)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
According to pitpass ,the Honda "B" team can't use BARs chassis.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1448582)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Yes, we've established that in this thread.

They'll fudge it slightly in a Ligier/Benetton, Sauber/Ferrari type way
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1448606)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:

Didn't they have completely different chassis,designed by completely different design teams?

There were indeed rumours that Sauber had used Ferrari's chassis (or at least a modified version) but were untrue.And i don't remember a Ligier looking anything like a Benetton.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1448611)   #17
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:

Or Honda could ask the FIA and all teams to agree with a change of the Concorde Agreement, so that teams will no longer be obliged to construct their own chassis.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1448612)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, yeah, I remember something about it some years ago... it has been very suspicious and there was some investigations about it. But in the end, nothing. Now the Ferrari/Sauber thing is ridiculous, if they had only changed the liveries would be the same !
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1448615)   #19
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Didn't they have completely different chassis,designed by completely different design teams?

There were indeed rumours that Sauber had used Ferrari's chassis (or at least a modified version) but were untrue.And i don't remember a Ligier looking anything like a Benetton.
The Ligier of 1995 was so similar to the Benetton, that Schumacher even tested that Ligier.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1448714)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
The Ligier of 1995 was so similar to the Benetton, that Schumacher even tested that Ligier.
Both teams were pretty much as one financially,so it's no surprise that Flav let MS play with the Ligier to see what he thought of it,because it was eating up a lot of cash and not doing too well.

However similar they might have looked they were completely different designs.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1448766)   #21
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Both teams were pretty much as one financially,so it's no surprise that Flav let MS play with the Ligier to see what he thought of it,because it was eating up a lot of cash and not doing too well.
Not really. Flavio Briatore was the team manager of Benetton, but he privately owned Ligier.

Quote:
However similar they might have looked they were completely different designs.
Basically, the designs were the same. The changes were made to make sure the FIA would agree with the design.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1448784)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They looked very similar IIRC, especially the sidepods.

Compare a couple of minichamps (different races):
http://www.exoto.pc-ps.com/Minichamp.../950025med.jpg
http://www.exoto.pc-ps.com/Minichamp.../951802med.jpg
Old 31 Oct 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1448807)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great stuff, Adam.

How I used to hate that yellow "Bitburger"...
Old 31 Oct 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1448816)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Or Honda could ask the FIA and all teams to agree with a change of the Concorde Agreement, so that teams will no longer be obliged to construct their own chassis.
But that isn't necessary.

The intellectual copyright of this year's BAR is sold to Honda2, but not the actual chassis' themselves, and then Honda2 physically creates the acars according to said designs that they own.

The requirement is that the design be owned by said team (which does not necessarily mean they have to have come up with it), and then that they produce it (which just means they cannot buy tubs from a supplier).

Am I missing something?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 07:18 (Ref:1449073)   #25
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it like 5pm in Japan right now? What happened to the press conference?