Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 May 2020, 19:11 (Ref:3978269)   #2701
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
While we are in the Le Mans bizarre questions, do you remember the Alba's? They had something special… Guess what? I find this question very interesting because its mine and depending on the era there are different possible answers.
Front brakes?
Old 25 May 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3978270)   #2702
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
For the new area look the chassis… As to the '20s look bauble!
Old 25 May 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3978272)   #2703
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, C2, first carbon fiber monocoque in this category. One is in use in CER those days, the owner says it was found in Venise…
Old 25 May 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3978274)   #2704
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
While we are in the Le Mans bizarre questions, do you remember the Alba's? They had something special… Guess what? I find this question very interesting because its mine and depending on the era there are different possible answers.
Was it the Ferrari engine?
Old 25 May 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3978275)   #2705
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'd say Carma-Gianinni not Ferrari.
Edit myself: you're probably right about the Ferrari engine knowing the first pair of drivers were Finotto and Facetti. So probably Carma was a "cover" name.

Last edited by Gerard C; 25 May 2020 at 19:37.
Old 25 May 2020, 19:38 (Ref:3978277)   #2706
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No more client for the Lambretta entry at Le Mans? So, RBS, please proceed!
Old 25 May 2020, 20:20 (Ref:3978281)   #2707
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Carma Giannini powered Alba AR6 competed in the World Sportscar Championship from 1985 while the Ferrari powered AR6 was entered in the IMSA Championship ( in the IMSA Lights category ) from 1986. I can remember the Alba at my first Le Mans in 1985 being very quick for the first half of the race before developing a bad misfire and retiring about mid-morning.
Old 25 May 2020, 20:52 (Ref:3978288)   #2708
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For the new area look the chassis… As to the '20s look bauble!
The Alba S4 10/12CV from '24?
Old 25 May 2020, 21:06 (Ref:3978289)   #2709
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
.... with 4 wheel brakes
Old 25 May 2020, 21:16 (Ref:3978291)   #2710
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
.... with 4 wheel brakes
Wasn't having them on the front an uncommon feature? I understand that most were rear-wheel only?
Old 25 May 2020, 22:09 (Ref:3978301)   #2711
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went up in the loft to.look for some of my old Le Mans and club racing photos to display here and on FB.

I didn't bother bringing them down. From my earliest days until now I've been a truly rotten photographer, there's no way I'm going to expose myself to ridicule here.

Carry on with the pics guys, I love the variety as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 26 May 2020, 00:57 (Ref:3978314)   #2712
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wasn't having them on the front an uncommon feature? I understand that most were rear-wheel only?
Good point.
Old 26 May 2020, 04:37 (Ref:3978323)   #2713
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Sorry for the delay was looking for more info. I have a book somewhere… Malcolm got it right they had a patent on the front brakes, this system was named "Poulet" aka Chicken after the chief engineer's family name…
Malcolm is right again, optionally the 10/12 HP could have drum brakes all round.

Last edited by Gerard C; 26 May 2020 at 04:45.
Old 26 May 2020, 07:00 (Ref:3978332)   #2714
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
23 post and not a picture among them. Might I remind you all that this is a PICTURE PARADE!!!

I blame GerryMo for asking silly questions without illustrations.
Bloo ………… muttering fades...…….

I now post some truly boring images, and it serves you right!
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0335.JPG   _MG_0397.JPG   IMG_1920.jpg  

_MG_0027.jpg   _MG_0323.jpg   _MG_0360.JPG  

Old 26 May 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3978334)   #2715
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
March Group C cars, more interesting than Bob's estates I think.
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW March M1 Jan Bot   (1).JPG
Views:	3
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	61313Click image for larger version

Name:	March 84G Peter Schleifer.jpg
Size:	623.7 KB
ID:	61314Click image for larger version

Name:	March 84G Mazda  Frank Lyons  .jpg
Size:	626.5 KB
ID:	61315
Click image for larger version

Name:	March 84G Porsche Andrew Haddon.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	61316Click image for larger version

Name:	March 85G Christian Perrier.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	575.3 KB
ID:	61317Click image for larger version

Name:	March BMW 86G.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	692.8 KB
ID:	61318
Old 26 May 2020, 08:26 (Ref:3978343)   #2716
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton Golden Jubilee

...and from a sunny Thruxton Golden Jubilee meeting some great racing from the Historic Formula Fords. Can we have some more soon please, Mr HSCC ?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5816.JPG   IMG_5818 (2).JPG   IMG_5819.JPG  

IMG_6030.JPG   IMG_6042.JPG   IMG_6055.JPG  

Old 26 May 2020, 09:35 (Ref:3978351)   #2717
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can't beat a good sunny Thruxton. Hopefully not long before we see some action there again
Old 26 May 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3978375)   #2718
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
With the Silverstone Classic now cancelled, my guess is it will be some time before we go racing again.
Old 26 May 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3978402)   #2719
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All is gloom and despondency - accept here on the parade, where there is still wonderful sights to be seen.;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0006.jpg   _MG_0023.jpg   _MG_0029.jpg  

_MG_0034.jpg   _MG_0035.jpg   _MG_0036.jpg  

Old 26 May 2020, 13:09 (Ref:3978404)   #2720
bauble
Veteran

England
Wonderful sights;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0042.jpg   _MG_0046 (2).jpg   _MG_0068.jpg  

_MG_0125.JPG   _MG_0071.jpg   _MG_0070.jpg  

Old 26 May 2020, 13:25 (Ref:3978412)   #2721
bauble
Veteran

England
More variety for Midge.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1516.JPG   IMG_1528.JPG   IMG_1534.JPG  

IMG_1564.JPG   IMG_8773.JPG   IMG_1856.jpg  

Old 26 May 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3978414)   #2722
bauble
Veteran

England
And …
Attached Thumbnails
Revival 2007 c 015.JPG   Revival 2007 c 022.JPG   Revival 2007 c 023.JPG  

Revival 2007 c 025.JPG   Revival 2007 c 074.JPG   Revival 2007 c 076.JPG  

Old 26 May 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3978430)   #2723
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
That last set is stunning, Mr bauble.
Old 26 May 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3978446)   #2724
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Who is it?

Answers by PM (Midge)
Not by PM (but I think the trail on this may be going cold. Could the correct order of pictures be 1, ?, 6, 2, 3, ? (where ? = 4 or 5 and 1 & 2 are interchangeable?
Old 26 May 2020, 19:21 (Ref:3978473)   #2725
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
#2720 pic 1, can't see the car behind the two yank tanks… Strange sight of Consul Capri on the track tho.