Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1575332)   #251
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OHHHHhhhhhh, just checked...I have some new warnings myself Promax.
Not surprising really
Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:24 (Ref:1575334)   #252
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i actually don't think the kiwi threads are as bad as some on 10-10ths

than again what do i know.. i'm only a kiwi
Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:24 (Ref:1575336)   #253
cossie
Rookie

cossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just heard a rumour that JL wont be driving the tkr commadore, anyone else heard the same or more?
Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1575342)   #254
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
jjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Just to move away from the alleged cheating debate (for a few minutes anyway), I would like to raise the far more important issue of BAZzzzz having his posts deleted.
It's got me thinking...WHAT???
How can BAZzzzz be on the 'naughty chair' when he is often the voice of reason.
Seems a bit unfair really.
Don't worry about it though BAZzzzz. I've had a heafty points haul myself at times (probably another lot after this post).

This might seem strange coming from me Promax, but I don't think you deserved a warning for anything.
Perhaps it was meant for me...I don't know.
Maybe the Mods just don't understand the 'special relationship' we all share on this thread.
While things may seem to get a little ugly between some of us at times, I'm sure we would all be mature enough to stand around at the end of the day and share a 'cyber' beer together. (except Evo, being an accountant he would probably charge me a fortune for the pleasure )
I welcome the lively debate that goes on here.
Some of the points raised by you and Goaty on this thread have even made me change my view on certain issues.
I hope nothing changes.
Thank you for your comments, this has to be a nice place now...If you have a sneaky story hide it behind the mask of the wiggles "Hot Potatoe" IE: Team "wiggles" is having fun "with hot pataoes". Case in question, certain teams have wiggled the heads on MR Pataoe, his dimensions have cause to lead to checking MRS patatoes dimensions, as this was happining the wiggles were rubbing there heads as to how this became so.

So they smashed out a new hit, lets ride the mystery train of head rubbing.
Quote:
Ten Tenths Australian and New Zealand Moderating team.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1575343)   #255
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Court of Appeal in the case of Scott clutch ruled that it is a drivers championhip and the driver is totally responsible for the car - so that is why technical based penalties go against the driver

I have checked and with all other exclusions in NZV8's the points have been reallocated -- so this would make it pretty interesting

If all the heads are to be checked then this can logically be done at the end of the championship -- unfortunately just one of those things but perhaps it would be better for total fairness and will either get the rumour mills going or stop them
Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1575348)   #256
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
jjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie
The Court of Appeal in the case of Scott clutch ruled that it is a drivers championhip and the driver is totally responsible for the car - so that is why technical based penalties go against the driver

I have checked and with all other exclusions in NZV8's the points have been reallocated -- so this would make it pretty interesting

If all the heads are to be checked then this can logically be done at the end of the championship -- unfortunately just one of those things but perhaps it would be better for total fairness and will either get the rumour mills going or stop them
And the NZ touring car champion is........please wait till the start of the new season.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1575349)   #257
cossie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie

Thanks for the clarification Tracy
Old 10 Apr 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1575374)   #258
cossie
Rookie

Sorry tracie, genuine mistake with the spelling
Old 10 Apr 2006, 10:13 (Ref:1575391)   #259
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you are forgiven -- it is late
Old 10 Apr 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1577574)   #260
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
This might seem strange coming from me Promax, but I don't think you deserved a warning for anything.
Maybe the Mods just don't understand the 'special relationship' we all share on this thread. .
Just for clarity, these are not new warnings, but old ones displayed differently by the new software - if any new warnings are given you'll receive a message to say so. I certainly haven't issued any, and in my view, the most recent debate has been much better simply because on the whole the issues have been discussed rather than the posters. I won't speceifically discuss the reasons why a few posts have been deleted, but the phrase 'off topic' would be generally fair.

As for special relationships, I'm afraid I've seen several of them turn unpleasant simply because someone misunderstood. Banter on the whole does not work on such a large site, and tends to discourage other posters from joining in.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1577934)   #261
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By special relationship, I think 911 means the fact that in this part of the world, we can stick it up each other, and either hug and make up or go out for a beer together.......

.....as opposed to riot in the streets because Everton won the footie and that wasn't our team!
Old 10 Apr 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1577947)   #262
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also have not got the mental fortitude to work out the JJD wiggle code...
.how about some good news... Hayden Mc is now able to compete at Pukekohe thanks to Clark Proctor who has lent him his spare body shell........way to go Clark..It would be a shame not to have Team HMM not to be able to play..........
Old 10 Apr 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1577970)   #263
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Just to move away from the alleged cheating debate (for a few minutes anyway), I would like to raise the far more important issue of BAZzzzz having his posts deleted.
It's got me thinking...WHAT???
How can BAZzzzz be on the 'naughty chair' when he is often the voice of reason.
Seems a bit unfair really.
Don't worry about it though BAZzzzz. I've had a heafty points haul myself at times (probably another lot after this post).

Maybe the Mods just don't understand the 'special relationship' we all share on this thread.
While things may seem to get a little ugly between some of us at times, I'm sure we would all be mature enough to stand around at the end of the day and share a 'cyber' beer together. (except Evo, being an accountant he would probably charge me a fortune for the pleasure )
I welcome the lively debate that goes on here.
Some of the points raised by you and Goaty on this thread have even made me change my view on certain issues.
I hope nothing changes.
Awww come on 911 I hads the VB's (Sponsors product) cold and waiting at both Teretonga and Timaru, but you never showed. So I drank it meself.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1578044)   #264
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Gee, shucks 911. Thankyou for your 'off subject' post regarding my downfall from grace. You run a risk of course of being "off topic" and I greatly admire good folk that go out on a limb for a stranger...... I am well put out by having posts deleted AND demerit points awarded (and they are not old ones 'cos I have never had any before.!) Well put out because we are adults and Racing fraternity and we obviously have more than a passing interest in this Mighty Sport that we follow. Thats what keeps us discussing this and that well after the last wheel has turned at the track. We are ALL highly likely to bump into each other at a Track or, some would say perish the thought, actually attend together. Hell. some among us are actual bona fidA Race Car Drivers and take the time to contribute to this Forum. Yes. lets STICK with the Special Relationships quote 'cos its true. In all the years that this small band of Posters have been engaged in Banter and race talk and idle chit-chat and downright opposing views, we are all still as good together as we always were. Those that didnt have this capacity to give and take have goooorne and that is how it works. Welcome back Just do it, I was starting to think about ya. And your comments as well as 911's are aptly put. Evo too has broken his silence and is further proof that we are a special bunch (although I am not that sure that he was really aiming to share that grog) and not to be lumped in with the 'Football' type Followers who's passion in the Northern Hemisphere most often spills over into something else. THAT doesnt happen here.
Oh, we have welcomed a good few new Posters over the last week or so and also had good input from Posters that have been registered for a fair while but have not visited or at least, commented on our Thread. Brilliant. Despite a contrary view expressed lately, our perceived bad behavior over that same period does not appear to have discouraged Posters, old or new.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1578060)   #265
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
Awww come on 911 I hads the VB's (Sponsors product) cold and waiting at both Teretonga and Timaru, but you never showed. So I drank it meself.
But you will still claim it as a tax write off wont you evo??
Old 10 Apr 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1578066)   #266
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have heard that Adam Brooke will be driving the other TKR car at Pukekohe. JL has indeed gone so it would seem.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1578078)   #267
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy
I have heard that Adam Brooke will be driving the other TKR car at Pukekohe. JL has indeed gone so it would seem.
G'Day Goat Boy........ Strange news if it is true. Do you know where that decision would have come from.? Adam, (a Ford man) is a good hard Charger but there are also many others that could easilly fit into a Good Ride.
Well done to him though for getting the opportunity.

I am not sure it will be very comfortable at THAT particular round though. You know, THAT round. Our undisputed WORLD Class Racing Week-end. Strange new car and a new team to merge in with and a MASSIVE Crowd to witness proceedings.

oOOH, Thats got me Juices going (in the NICest possible way of course), just thinking of three days at Pukekohe again. Yes yes yes, I WILL be the old man with that silly ear to ear grin seemingly frozen into this rugged head of mine, wandering around muttering that this should all happen much more often than it does. Cant wait and lets hope as we said before, that the Headgate issue doesnt spoil it for some very very Gooooood NZ V8 Drivers
Old 11 Apr 2006, 00:06 (Ref:1578109)   #268
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has any body got the info on what time we are to expect word on " the big issue "
Old 11 Apr 2006, 00:13 (Ref:1578113)   #269
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evo what's going on? Lets try facts before I let loose with speculation.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 00:33 (Ref:1578128)   #270
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Evo has given up on confirming/denying rumours, he just ignores them now.

But I'll wager a cyber-beer that I am right
Old 11 Apr 2006, 00:37 (Ref:1578130)   #271
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy
Evo has given up on confirming/denying rumours, he just ignores them now.

But I'll wager a cyber-beer that I am right
You are 100% correct Goatboy.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 00:52 (Ref:1578136)   #272
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok lets specuate then. Why has this happened. After extensive testing for the seat pre season (and I can't be bothered rehashing all the press releases)
TKR select two drivers and mount their campaign. Results are no where however of course this is a rebuilding year and looking to the future etc etc so we shouldn't expect too much this season. One round to go and a driver is gooone replaced by a series veteran who is a pretty good peddlar however appears to suffer budget constraints. Where is the upside for TKR in running Adam Brooke going forwards? Why do drivers keep rotating within the team and are they going to continue with a NZ campaign and if so how do they attract talent with a reputation for churning through driving relationships?
Old 11 Apr 2006, 01:10 (Ref:1578143)   #273
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Keener
Ok lets specuate then. Why has this happened. After extensive testing for the seat pre season (and I can't be bothered rehashing all the press releases)
TKR select two drivers and mount their campaign. Results are no where however of course this is a rebuilding year and looking to the future etc etc so we shouldn't expect too much this season. One round to go and a driver is gooone replaced by a series veteran who is a pretty good peddlar however appears to suffer budget constraints. Where is the upside for TKR in running Adam Brooke going forwards? Why do drivers keep rotating within the team and are they going to continue with a NZ campaign and if so how do they attract talent with a reputation for churning through driving relationships?
For those who misunderstood I was confirming the rumour not saying I would neither confirm nor deny. For anyone wanting to bait me on this it won't work. If you know me you will know why. I will not be saying anything more on this topic.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 04:03 (Ref:1578199)   #274
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Radio Sport had the verdict at 3pm.

John McIntyre and Paul Pedersen both lose 20 championship points and were fined $400.

BUT they also lose all the points from the rounds where the engines were used......so McIntyre loses all points from Manfeild and Taupo. Paul Pedersen loses points from Teretonga, Timaru, Manfeild and Taupo. Both decisions have been appealed.

It has all been updated on the www.nzv8s.co.nz site.

New Points:

Kayne Scott 1020
Angus Fogg 986
Andy Booth 855
Old 11 Apr 2006, 04:27 (Ref:1578205)   #275
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
So it looks like Kayne had better show up to Pukekohe after all...