Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Jul 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3108603)   #776
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
Seriously though, it always comes full circle, classes for Pro and Am. Why don’t they just have support races for the Am drivers, a kind of minor league with opportunity to move to the big league if they are eventually good enough? The Am guys can use the hand me down cars from the previous seasons and the Pro guys won’t have to dodge the bottom scrappers when they make bone headed moves. Hell, do away with the idiotic drivers rating system and have a sub Am series support race for the true rookies and beginners. No Pro/Am classes, separate Pro/Am races; Pro>Am>Rookie.
Less cars in the main series / everyone complains
More cars in the support series / nobody cares

Old 900\P1, 675\P2, GTS\GT1 and GT\GT2 was the best, every class was running different machinery with less restrictions and no annoying driver categorisations, even in P2 you could have run full pro teams if you really wanted
Old 19 Jul 2012, 15:10 (Ref:3108608)   #777
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Less cars in the main series / everyone complains
More cars in the support series / nobody cares

Old 900\P1, 675\P2, GTS\GT1 and GT\GT2 was the best, every class was running different machinery with less restrictions and no annoying driver categorisations, even in P2 you could have run full pro teams if you really wanted
I guess the problem I have with the whole Pro/Am thing is how anyone can be classified as an amateur at this level of racing. I guess the next step is to performance balance drivers with wrist-ankle weights and eye patches.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3108617)   #778
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Yeah, lets called them LMP1, GTE-Pro and LMP2, GTE-Am respectively
Oh wait, let's balance the performance between GTs and Prototypes too! That way, a Corvette GT can take the overall win at Le Mans!
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:24 (Ref:3109117)   #779
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
rest of the series officially cancelled according to the reliable Mr Dagys. Hope there's some solution that will allow the P2 grid to travel to Road Atlanta.

EDIT: and will receive travel allowance to get to PLM. Might be worth looking for flights to Road Atlanta in case it's the last good one for a while...
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3109119)   #780
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here you go.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3109133)   #781
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a sad day for ELMS... But at least they can race at Road America.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3109135)   #782
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ELMS needs to break new ground to build the series.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3109138)   #783
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't worry, I'm sure the new Asian Le Mans Series will save everything!
Old 20 Jul 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3109144)   #784
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Don't worry, I'm sure the new Asian Le Mans Series will save everything!
YES!!! in JLOC we trust!!!!
Old 20 Jul 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3109155)   #785
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the main problems of the ELMS is the low consistence/short life of their teams. The ACO must fix that big problem.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3109191)   #786
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
AsLMS is suppose to be supported with GT300 teams from SuperGT. Is that bad?
Old 20 Jul 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3109234)   #787
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
[moved to the Petit entry list topic]

Last edited by Coach Ep; 20 Jul 2012 at 20:49.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3109345)   #788
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
ELMS needs to break new ground to build the series.
That's right, create a premier race for ELMS to attract P2 teams, as well as GT teams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
AsLMS is suppose to be supported with GT300 teams from SuperGT. Is that bad?
Unless the GT300 class is flooded with GT3 cars, I think it's gonna be a problem for the AsLMS as well as Super GT. Still, I'm hopeful that the JAF can promote their proposed GT300 "mother chassis" to existing teams with GT3 cars.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3109370)   #789
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ATLANTIC Le Mans Series! European + NA rounds.

Sebring (+WEC)
Road America 500
Laguna 500
CoTA
Mosport

Paul Ricard 6hrs
Donington 6hrs
Spa (+WEC)
Algarve 6 hrs

PLM grand finale!

P1+P2 merge, GTE-Pro, GTE-Am. PC will be allowed, but next year they join full LMP. No more GTC. Or we can switch GTE-Am or PC for CN Protos with slightly more power and call it LMP3/Jr.

I was also thinking Lime Rock, but that's just trolling.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3109371)   #790
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
I was also thinking Lime Rock, but that's just trolling.
ALMS + WEC at Lime Rock? That would mean cars running around CONSTANTLY. And the most often-heard words from any commentator would be "What an enormous shunt!"
Old 21 Jul 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3109374)   #791
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
"What an enormous shunt!"
Say that using Hindaugh's voice for maximum effect.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3109768)   #792
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What happens now , if the championship is finished , then the currant standings are the class winners and should get their invites .

they cant continue the points championship in PLM , as thay cant expect people to go to the states , as that wasnt ever part of the championship .

So , the currant points leaders should be the series winners .

P2 ..... Oak Racing-Morgan .
GT/P ..... JMW-Ferrari .
GT/A ..... IMSA-Porsche .
LMPC ..... Boutsen-Oreca .

Ive been chatting with a P2 team owner , and they probably wont be going to PLM as it doesnt fit in with sponsor marketing strategies . So , how can the ACO award points for a championship that continues on a continent that wasnt in the original plan ?
Old 22 Jul 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3109771)   #793
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cancelling 60% of the original calendar wasn't part of the brochure either, so PLM is a compromise. Things change, replacements are always possible. I don't think it says anywhere on the regulations that it is forbidden for organizers to hold replacement round outside Europe

Financial aid is offered for teams travelling to Georgia, that is a good start
Old 22 Jul 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3109773)   #794
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
they cant continue the points championship in PLM , as thay cant expect people to go to the states , as that wasnt ever part of the championship .
Oh, they can - and thanks to the double points even a team that didn't race in ELMS so far can still win it.

If I was Conquest, I'd check the ALMS championship standings and if I saw that I don't have a lot of chances to win it against Level5 anymore, I'd consider entering PLM as an ELMS entry - might be a greater chance of winning an autobid. Same for GT - might make even more sense with how thin the ELMS GT grid has been.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3109775)   #795
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Some drivers carry sponsorship , aimed at the European markets . They could possibily be looking for a refund from their teams , and then again , possibily the team may have already used the funds ?

Yes , travel arrangements are a start , but not enough .

I dont think in the ELMS contract , it says that the European Le Mans Series can finish up in America , or be transfered to America ..... that would be too loose of a contract .
Old 22 Jul 2012, 15:17 (Ref:3109778)   #796
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Oh, they can - and thanks to the double points even a team that didn't race in ELMS so far can still win it.

If I was Conquest, I'd check the ALMS championship standings and if I saw that I don't have a lot of chances to win it against Level5 anymore, I'd consider entering PLM as an ELMS entry - might be a greater chance of winning an autobid. Same for GT - might make even more sense with how thin the ELMS GT grid has been.
Conquest can't just change what series they want to run in. Only teams that were actually in the ELMS can receive points towards the ELMS championship.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3109779)   #797
Deleted
Veteran

ALMS visited Europe numerous times in the first few years of the championship so it shouldn't be a problem

PLM is still an amazing offer for ELMS teams:

financial aid
double points
LM entry if you win your class
LM entry if you finish first or second in champ (which isn't that hard particularly in GTE-PRO or GTE-AM)
winning PLM actually means something as it's prestigious

Also if the ELMS GTC class is retained, you could enter a GT3 Cup Porsche in GTC and win your class championship easily
Old 22 Jul 2012, 15:22 (Ref:3109780)   #798
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Some drivers carry sponsorship , aimed at the European markets . They could possibily be looking for a refund from their teams , and then again , possibily the team may have already used the funds ?

Yes , travel arrangements are a start , but not enough .

I dont think in the ELMS contract , it says that the European Le Mans Series can finish up in America , or be transfered to America ..... that would be too loose of a contract .
Your right, it will be difficult for many of the ELMS cars to get to PLM. I wonder why they didn't ask the WEC if they could join at Silverstone and reward double-points.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3109785)   #799
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I wonder why they didn't ask the WEC if they could join at Silverstone and reward double-points.
Probably because of FIA...

These are the same idiots who rejected entries from Spa 6 hours because they refused to use the second pit lane
Old 22 Jul 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3109989)   #800
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

Also if the ELMS GTC class is retained, you could enter a GT3 Cup Porsche in GTC and win your class championship easily
I might be imagining things but didn't elms open gtc to gt3 cars as well? Or was that just for Donnington? Because if all gt3's are welcome then there are a few Audi R8's in the US that could be interested. Of course then the class structure will get even crazier with two gtc classes with different rules....