Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Sep 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1420765)   #1
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
J.J.S.S.Express should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Track Changes (Not Safety Issues!)

Look at this intersiting page in lemans.org :

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/do...aux/index.html

There also a lot of works in Le Mans center town.

New theater of Jacobins Square :

New Republic Place

New Railroad station (North exit)

Two pictures taking by plane. Next to Antares Sports Hall and Mulsanne strait, Le Mans city built a cyclism stadium

A new Football Stadium will be built in 2 next years between Tertre rouge corner and Antares Hall

Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1420786)   #2
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, let's hope they don't stage a football match for the Saturday afternoon of the race!

It was bad enough this year getting to the car parks from the Arnage direction because of the new facilities beyond the roundabout where you turn left to follow the road beside the track.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1420791)   #3
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
Well, let's hope they don't stage a football match for the Saturday afternoon of the race!
I think french football federation can organise the match on friday evening.
It will have the tramway to go at the stadium.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1420806)   #4
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the football stadium need a car park? the area next to that is the Houx annexe campsite could it be built on?
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1420811)   #5
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Will the football stadium need a car park? the area next to that is the Houx annexe campsite could it be built on?
In a first time, antares carpark can be use by the football stadium.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1420823)   #6
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When will terte rouge be re profiled, is this due to the tramway works.

It was very sad to see the allotments so overgrown this year, another peice of LM history gone.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1420873)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
When will terte rouge be re profiled, is this due to the tramway works.

It was very sad to see the allotments so overgrown this year, another peice of LM history gone.
Tertre Rouge reprofiling takes place this winter. I don't think the tramway has any bearing on the changes. I believe it's simply a safety issue again since it will accommodate a larger run off area.

Most of the work being undertaken in the town centre looks superb. Likewise the tramway. But that football stadium........
Old 30 Sep 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1420882)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What does the local team play in - equivalence wise?
Old 30 Sep 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1420889)   #9
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
What does the local team play in - equivalence wise?
French First Ligue !

We are in 6th position actually !
Old 30 Sep 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1421104)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That sounds pretty good!
Old 7 Oct 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1426697)   #11
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Goodbye Tertre Rouge Corner !

I have take my last picture of Tertre rouge corner this afternoon.
I add to this post some pictures of mulsanne strait works (tramway) and Le Mans village works

Welcome motel was here

this is the old dunlop vip center (building at the end of the pit lane)

this is the bidge where the tramway will arrive next to tertre rouge.

behind the famous trees at the beginning of muslanne strait

where is the track ??????

The track was here !
Old 7 Oct 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1426728)   #12
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse me for my ignorance but what's happening with Tertre rouge then?
Old 7 Oct 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1426735)   #13
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey-Lee
Excuse me for my ignorance but what's happening with Tertre rouge then?
It's not strictly goodbye, just goodbye to Tertre Rouge as we know it. The corner is being reprofiled bringing it further infield and extending the gravel trap on the outside of the corner. The biggest change we will see is the building of a new football stadium over the next two years on the infield adjacent to the spectator area at Tertre Rouge at the beginning of the Mulsanne Straight (Antares).

There are links on the 'All Le Mans city and track works' thread.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1426738)   #14
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks for the pitures by the way!
Old 7 Oct 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1426828)   #15
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the first aerial picture, where the new tramline goes to the antares building...is that a hump i see on the mulsanne straight?
Old 8 Oct 2005, 05:43 (Ref:1426976)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
There are links on the 'All Le Mans city and track works' thread.
Threads merged.

I let this one open for, say, one week. Then it will be merged with the main 'LM works in progress' one.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 06:18 (Ref:1426992)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Fab , can you please try and explain to me exactly what you think they will do to Tetre Rouge ? In my mind , they want to slow the corner down , to slow it down , knowing the corner myself , they will have to make the corner more accute ?

By changing the Dunlop curve and Tetre Rouge , it will add 2 seconds a lap . I heard that someplace . Its not that much in my opinion . Why they have th change it is beyond me though !!!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 07:08 (Ref:1427015)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Fab , can you please try and explain to me exactly what you think they will do to Tetre Rouge ? In my mind , they want to slow the corner down , to slow it down , knowing the corner myself , they will have to make the corner more accute ?

By changing the Dunlop curve and Tetre Rouge , it will add 2 seconds a lap . I heard that someplace . Its not that much in my opinion . Why they have th change it is beyond me though !!!
I think their main concern was safety. They will increase the runoff/gravel trap on the outside of the corner. I also read that the corner would be slowed down, but I don't see it myself, just a faster more gradual sweep.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 07:10 (Ref:1427016)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Fab , can you please try and explain to me exactly what you think they will do to Tertre Rouge ?
I don't know ; their goal is not to modify the corner in itself, but they have to, due to the tramway. As I didn't see the maps of the area, I think JJSS or Infoscourse rulers would be much more informed...

Quote:
By changing the Dunlop curve and Tertre Rouge , it will add 2 seconds a lap . I heard that someplace . Its not that much in my opinion . Why they have to change it is beyond me though !!!
For the Dunlop curve, it's demanded by the new VIP facilities that they'll gonna build at the place the Welcome tower was...
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1427039)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I think their main concern was safety. They will increase the runoff/gravel trap on the outside of the corner. I also read that the corner would be slowed down, but I don't see it myself, just a faster more gradual sweep.
Thats exactly what im thinking too . But im sure they will surprise us all come the day !
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1427040)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

I thought the tramway was being run on the same side as the bar ? Obvioulsy not !!!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1427045)   #22
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because of the new ring road of Le Mans, close to the circuit, the Tertre Rouge corner had been already changed in 1979, from a ninety-degree to a fifty-degree angle. So the first version was slower than the new one.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1427064)   #23
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i've taken pictures many times on the outside of the circuit, behind the tyre wall next to the big grey metal doors...easily the scariest place on the circuit for me. awesome for pictures though..

i'd imagine any work would make it less acute, and add perhaps more run-off...theres virtually none by the time the cars enter the straight.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1427072)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

Why dont they put a tram way all around the bloody track ..... then they would be sure that there would never be any more accidents and wouldnt have to worry about sand traps !!!

I will be ****ed off if they screw up Tetre Rouge .
Old 10 Oct 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1429746)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
More news and animated pics on ACO's website, thanks to Infoscourse, as always...

The Dunlop curve will slow down dramaticaly... the Tertre Rouge corner could be a bit faster... but the whole place's gonna change for sure...